Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've no reason not to believe her. The general public can be really brazen and rude, and I don't think so badly of her that I think she would make up stuff for attention. That's one too far. Also, not related to this comment, but can we stop speculating about whether or not she feels bad about her weight/commenting on what she wears, already? I don't care what she wears, and how she feels about her body is not something we can know or should speculate on. Let's instead discuss concrete things like how she now puts 0 efforts into her videos/books and expects the highest praise for them.
I agree entirely on the body stuff - that's her business. But fashion sense should be fair enough to comment on shouldn't it? Like "I don't like that dress she's wearing today" but maybe not "I don't like that dress she's wearing today, it (example) makes her look frumpy"?

If you guys are talking about the “post rehearsal chat” video that was soooo awkward! They were obviously on the outs by then. Pete came on to say a quick hello and she was super snippy with him. He went to say bye and she replied with something like “do you not have anything of worth to say?” Yikes
Omg I remember this. I think the original livestream is still on YouTube.

She is so cold towards him and snippy.

It was ridiculously obvious that something was going on between her and Oliver from the start. It was painfully uncomfortable to watch as she was all over him like a rash.

🤢🤢🤢

Reactions: 4
I always wonder what Oliver thinks when she makes comments like this seeing as he had only just got out of a long term relationship himself.

Reactions: 1
I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one sending in emails asking about 'onstage kisses' to give her the excuse to go on and on about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If anyone would like a little slightly related laugh (at my stupidity):

obviously I’m heartbroken about everything happening to theatres at the moment, I adore musicals, plays the arts, and I’ve been following a lot of it on Twitter. But I was very confused when everyone started tweeting Oliver Dowden demanding he do something. I was all “hang on, he’s Carrie Fletcher’s boyfriend and he’s not that big a deal, how on earth do you think he can help?”

carrie’s boyfriend is Ormson not Dowden. Dowden is the culture secretary. I’m an idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm convinced she thinks Pete still watches her videos and that he's not over her at all.

He seems happy which is great! It's a pity he never uploads anymore though 😢

I really don't think Pete is bothered about her in the slightest!

We get it. You love Oliver. No need to keep going on and on and on about it. It's exhausting.

Found it funny how Oliver was talking about his on stage kiss in High Fidelity then they went straight back to Carrie talking more about all her kisses, she didn’t give him any chance to talk about kissing her understudy in Addams. She mentioned how weird it was kissing Jamie’s understudy in Heathers, and just generally how weird it is when a cover is on because you’re not used to how they play the role, so he could have spoke about it then.

Seeing how obsessed she was with Oliver on the tour before they were official, I reckon she would have been very jealous of her understudy back then. Especially when, as she pointed out in the video, Wednesday and Lucas had to kiss 9 times in the show.

Found it funny how Oliver was talking about his on stage kiss in High Fidelity then they went straight back to Carrie talking more about all her kisses, she didn’t give him any chance to talk about kissing her understudy in Addams. She mentioned how weird it was kissing Jamie’s understudy in Heathers, and just generally how weird it is when a cover is on because you’re not used to how they play the role, so he could have spoke about it then.

Seeing how obsessed she was with Oliver on the tour before they were official, I reckon she would have been very jealous of her understudy back then. Especially when, as she pointed out in the video, Wednesday and Lucas had to kiss 9 times in the show.
If you have read When the Curtains fall you would see what Carrie really thinks of her understudy in Addams....most of it is slut-shaming.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I really don’t buy her body positivity preaching, sorry. She doesn’t seem happy with her weight.

Reactions: 8
She must be so insecure in her relationship with Oliver considering how often she doubles down on her love for him.

If you have read When the Curtains fall you would see what Carrie really thinks of her understudy in Addams....most of it is slut-shaming.
Is it worth a read? I never had any interest in her books because I thought they were aimed at a younger audience. I also didn’t realise they were inspired by real life!

This part of her second ‘watch me Wednesday’ vlog makes me cringe! How she’s sat herself between Oliver’s legs like that reminds me of how teenage girls at school were with the boy they fancied🤦‍♀️ bet the other guy felt so awkward.
878F38A9-95D0-4B69-ABCF-4D86D6ECD172.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Is it worth a read? I never had any interest in her books because I thought they were aimed at a younger audience. I also didn’t realise they were inspired by real life!
No her writing is terrible, I don’t known if you came from GG but people posted parts of her books and yikes
Her books are fanfiction of her relationships, the first book was inspired by book, the one with the pie was dedicated to Pete I think? But she thanked Oliver to base the main male character in his face (yuck) and the last one is just a fanfiction version of her and Oliver (The main character Olive being comforted about feeling silly about owning a house at 25 or something like that)

Semi-friends with Oliver’s ex and I’ve always assumed there was some crossover with that relationship while observing from the sidelines of social media. Pure speculation though.

Reactions: 2
the first time I felt like I really saw a shift between Carrie and Pete was during their last trip to Disney World together. I can’t recall if she’d already met Oliver by then or not.

I’ve wondered if whatever pushed them to break up happened during that trip.

After the break up I feel she handled it very poorly. First by trying to hide it, making the flirting with Oliver even more awkward. Then she made a decent choice finally making a respectful announcement where she filled her audience in, but still maintained some privacy between herself and Pete. Only complaint is she did sort of reprimand her audience for being curious, which isn’t logical for someone who put her relationship out there to profit off of...it’s common sense that viewers would wonder...

She could have left it at that but for some bizarre reason she occasionally likes to take swipes at Pete since then rather than letting them both move on.

If she broke up with Pete then instantly moved on to Oliver, I don’t care. That’s better than outright cheating. What does bother me is that she seemed to deny her attraction to Oliver and treated Pete like he was paranoid at the end, all the while having video footage of her throwing herself at Oliver. She continued to insult her audiences intelligence as well by denying her and Oliver had anything going on for about an entire year.

Everything would be much less of an issue if she wasn’t playing games with everyone and was a more genuine person and also set consistent boundaries. She says too much, then scolds people, the tries to be super secretive while dropping hints about stuff. It’s confusing and irritating and makes her look like an untrustworthy, manipulative jerk.

Reactions: 6
Semi-friends with Oliver’s ex and I’ve always assumed there was some crossover with that relationship while observing from the sidelines of social media. Pure speculation though.
One of the most awkward thing she did with her and Oliver's relationship was essentially out them as being friends with benefits for like a year before they started dating. Like I don't doubt she thought it made her seem more worldly or edgy feed since it deviated from her Disney Princess persona - but idk, it just seemed quite classless to almost brag about the fact you were 'seeing' each each other for a year before you were official to anyone whenever anyone asks how long you've been dating. Or at the very least it makes it seem like one of you was ashamed/reluctant to go public (and it never seemed like it was Carrie) 🤷

Well the last social media post from his ex about their relationship was around February 2017 when they seemed very much in love... the tour began April 2017. I’m not sure when Carrie/Oliver said they were together officially as I’m not a massive fan of Carrie?? But it was a very quick turnaround if there wasn’t any crossover.

From the sounds of the timelines Carrie may have been Oliver’s rebound f buddy, whereas Carrie was probably looking for her next long term man... Oliver probably then saw the level of celebrity Carrie could bring and may have then decided to give in to her and let it go further than he originally intended.

Well the last social media post from his ex about their relationship was around February 2017 when they seemed very much in love... the tour began April 2017. I’m not sure when Carrie/Oliver said they were together officially as I’m not a massive fan of Carrie?? But it was a very quick turnaround if there wasn’t any crossover.
Obviously we have no idea what went on as we don't know what happens behind the scenes.

It's the same with Carrie. She went to Disney with Pete before rehearsals began. The last photo of them together on Instagram was 20.02.17. (just went back to have a look, I'm not that sad 😂)

Not even a full month later, she posts this photo. I was still a fan of her when this was posted so didn't read anything into the caption at the time but it says it all really.

They're both adults and can do what they like, obviously!

I always felt like even when the silly game she was playing of "are we together?? No... We're just friends..." - cue Carrie flirting unapologetically... She was way more into him. It still feels like that now.

Oliver has definitely warmed to me. He seems like a nice guy.

I always remember her going on and on and no (and still goes on about it( their chemistry being "amazing"

Call me mean, but I really don't see it? Unless I am missing something??? 🤔

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.