Carrie Hope Fletcher #98 It's A Small World After All

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't stand Hannah Lowther and find her entirely overrated - a screechy theatre brat who is far too overinflated and idolised. We can't demonise Joel for doing the Legally Blonde kid audio in costume when Hannah did exactly the same thing but dirty deleted it and never addressed it.

I think the show does need younger blood though. Somebody plucky who is a real triple threat in singing, dancing and acting who can completely embody Calamity Jane as a badass woman of her time.

Reactions: 28
The thing is you might come across people like me, I have booked to go and see Kinky Boots but booked a day that Johannes is not performing as I couldn't care less about him and plus he said in an interview he couldn't sing. So if she books days off in advance it will be interesting to see if people book to see the understudy as I would, ATG advise you online when you click on a date.

There is no way in a million years she is going to do a full tour.

Damnit, I looked at my local venue hoping to get a performance Crabbie wasn't doing, but none of them seem to have that message. Fucks sake, I'd like to see it but not with her. Typical that this is one of the few shows that has a decent opening night discount too!

Reactions: 3
I think the show does need younger blood though. Somebody plucky who is a real triple threat in singing, dancing and acting who can completely embody Calamity Jane as a badass woman of her time.
Alessia (in a wig) came to mind 😂🤷‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Damnit, I looked at my local venue hoping to get a performance Crabbie wasn't doing, but none of them seem to have that message. Fucks sake, I'd like to see it but not with her. Typical that this is one of the few shows that has a decent opening night discount too!
Hold your patience. They’ll be an even great discount for £5 tickets nearer the time.
Trust.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
lol someone on a well known theatre board has described Carrie as "the James Corden of musicals"

harsh but fair :p

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
If I was carrie I’d be mortified.

I started a new job recently and my partner knows a few of my new work colleagues since they were all children. He told me he was bigging me up to them in the pub last week and I wanted to die.I’m a grown adult, I can fight my own battles. (not that they dislike me, but if they do I’ll survive!)

how she doesn’t get the ick on a daily basis is mind blowing.

Reactions: 23
If I was carrie I’d be mortified.

I started a new job recently and my partner knows a few of my new work colleagues since they were all children. He told me he was bigging me up to them in the pub last week and I wanted to die.I’m a grown adult, I can fight my own battles. (not that they dislike me, but if they do I’ll survive!)

how she doesn’t get the ick on a daily basis is mind blowing.
She just wants (positive) attention and praise constantly. She won't see anything wrong in what Joel's done.

They are both so out of touch with real people. Just look at the 'working parents' comments. They are their own worst enemy

Reactions: 25
There is no way in a million years she is going to do a full tour.
We thought that before her solo tour too, but I think if she’s the ONE star of the show, with only her face on the poster, she’s fine doing the shows, since she calls the shots. The problem with Cinderella was that it flopped and AWL didn’t treat her like the superstar and muse she thought she was. So she randomly skipped shows, knowing that „a Cinderella“ would be on. If the show had been a success, there would have been no way Carrie would have let another actress a go at „her“ Cinderella.

Reactions: 13
We thought that before her solo tour too, but I think if she’s the ONE star of the show, with only her face on the poster, she’s fine doing the shows, since she calls the shots. The problem with Cinderella was that it flopped and AWL didn’t treat her like the superstar and muse she thought she was. So she randomly skipped shows, knowing that „a Cinderella“ would be on. If the show had been a success, there would have been no way Carrie would have let another actress a go at „her“ Cinderella.
Maybe that's why such a tiny show is visiting such large theatres. Tiny set allows for huge ego on stage

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Apologies if this has already been said but I can’t get it out of my head. It’s clear that Carrie is keen to get back to work but one would assume that with a new baby, she would have preferred to stay close to home rather than going on tour, no? She must have auditioned for other roles that are closer to home. The fact that she accepted this tour gig suggests it is the best offer she’s received and that she is struggling to secure roles on the West End. I bet that’s been a real blow to the old ego.

Reactions: 41
I don't believe for one second a tiny tour (in terms of production size) of an old musical (and not really one of the big classic stage ones) visiting big and small venues was her first choice....or second...
---
Has she even addressed his rant? Posted it or reshared it or anything?
She barely acknowledges his existence, never mind his rants

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Takeaways from Joel's rant:

- He doesn't respect women unless he's married to them and/or breastfeeds them.

- He and Carrie are avid readers of Tattle

- He acknowledged that yes, Carrie is a massive nepo-sib but she's not to blame for that and we shouldn’t be angry that she gets work off the back of it. It's not her fault guys 🥺.

- He's a big ol' liar - he did not take down the amature-kid video when it was pointed out to him that it could be perceived as bullying. He conveniently missed out the part where he reposted videos arguing the point.

- He's a massive hypocrite. It's okay for him to post publicly about plebs getting his coffee order wrong, or moan about his tral bring crap at football... but it's absolutely not okay for anyone to ever say anything negative about him and his #wife.

- He's more than happy to throw his colleagues under the bus if it might take some of the heat off of himself. He had to mention when taking about the child-mocking tiktok that Hannah Lowther, Ben Platt and Tom Scanlon also posted similar things.

His closing message to Tattle (a la Martha): 'Um, leave me alone please. Get a life, get a proper job. I'm horrified at what you've done' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Carrie - I'm not a nepo sibling

Joel - Carrie is a nepo sibling...but it's ok

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Takeaways from Joel's rant:

- He doesn't respect women unless he's married to them and/or breastfeeds them.
This makes it sound like he breastfeeds Mabel which is an image I did not need right before bed thanks! ❤ xxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't think it's just tattle this time. The fact that Theatreboard, that a lot of the industry look at (and use), have been probably the most critical of her that I've ever seen must sting. Theatreboard used to be quite pro Carrie, but it has slowly got more and more fed up with her and critical of her limited skillset

Even the comments defending her say 'I'm not a fan myself' I'm indifferent to her', hardly ringing with praise.

Reactions: 29
Wondering how the man keeps a captive audience on stage, when he goes off on his ‘side bars’
100% him supporting his spouse, but not sure that was his point? Sounded like he was going in strong to protect crabbie going back to work (poss 12 months post maple…poss 3 months more then the rest of us) but ended up backing NW being a nepo. Wonder if he was going macho on us, with his vest?

Reactions: 1
He tries to but Carrie won't let him near her. Plus Mabel said his milk is sour.
Shut up shut up shut up I did not need to read this with my own eyes. @Pistachiyo bring out the Waitrose bag image to cleanse my palate please (file that under things I never thought I would say)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.