Carrie Hope Fletcher #97 As Long As No Olivers Need Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2964646

Joel's mummy is working šŸ„¹ he's not mentioned if he's #proud about about it yet though šŸ¤”
looks like they raided the dress-up box and padded her out to be as weirdly shaped as possible. Did they tell her to bring her own costume and she just stopped at the Save The Children shop on the way to the shoot?

The Hair (TM) doesn't even look real on this one, it looks photoshopped on?

Reactions: 17
She looks dreadful in that costume šŸ«£ Kind of want to go to see how terrible itā€™ll be but donā€™t think I could put up with hearing the Kermit accent again

Reactions: 15
Tour website, with dates

So on stage in Woking for Maybelline's first birthday then, unless she's opting out of some dates.

Reactions: 5
I have a strange gut feeling that she only got this role because of that day out she had with Joel at that Western-themed experience in London (and raved about on socials)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That's a lot of travelling. She'll probably go home during some of the shows, as there are 10 days in between some of them, but it'll be interesting to see what she does. I can't see her bringing Mabel along for all of it. Joel renewed his contract at Hamilton, no? So he can't drive wherever to see her and bring Mabel all the time either

Reactions: 14
Logistically, with a baby, it doesn't seem very well thought out. But I think she was desperate to take any role she was offered to avoid falling into irrelevancy (some would argue she already has though....)

Reactions: 29
The queen of the west end wouldn't do a year long tour of one week stints across the country.

Reactions: 21
That artwork is horrendous, it's giving me a headache. šŸ„“ And don't get me started on the teaser trailer... is that really supposed to get bums on seats?

If I was seeing that with no foreknowledge of CHF I'd be wondering why they chose to cast a frumpy-looking middle-aged actress in the lead role when the plot calls for her to be transformed into "a beautiful girl". Good luck with that!

(Of course, Carrie could use the run-up to the tour to get back into shape. Fair play to her if she does as it's bound to be quite gruelling, especially with a baby in tow. I'm not holding my breath on that score though). šŸ˜—

Reactions: 17
9 month long tour? I can see it getting cancelled midway like Bonnie and Clyde did
Yes what sort of appetite is there for a show over 70 years old? The demographic audience will go once. If theyā€™re interested in the first place. The little fan girls wonā€™t be able to travel round the country with it. Itā€™s gonna bomb.
Side note: Scott heavily alluding to being in it with his ā€˜THIIS IS SO EXCITINGā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So she's going on tour, for a year, all around the country with her gay bff and without her husband?

All within a couple of years of marriage and a year of having a baby? The honeymoon period .

Sounds legit for a woman plunged into happiness.

She's literally done as much as possibly to not be alone with Joel since she started dating him

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Nepotism aside as the very clear answer, I just do not get how Carrie could be right for the part at all.

1) Calamity Jane is meant to be in the peak of physical fitness (lol, to put it bluntly, Carrie wouldn't fool anyone...)
2) The show is heavy on the choreo. I don't see a whirlwind like Jane standing still in Docs while everyone dances around her, but Carrie can't dance.
3) CJ is meant to sing with a country twang. Carrie can only sing straight in a shouty tone.
4) CJ is a plucky, strong but essentially chipper kind of gal. Carrie's smug smirk vs The Face gives none of this.
5) Everyone knows the show has a huge queer following. Why not cast an actor from the LGBTQ+ community?
6) Carrie has a baby. Her track record for missing shows isn't great anyway, but I see her doing less than half of the shows. Her understudy is in with a fantastic chance (look at where Georgina is now!)

Reactions: 32
The last major tour of it starred Toyah Willcox. As far as I can see, everything since has been amateur productions. Their artwork was dodgy too but still better.

(This poster is obviously from the West End but there's results on google that show the same artwork in use for short runs around the country)

1717061691745.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So do loads of shows šŸ¤£

I feel this show is entering us into a new golden age of thread titles
Also a new way to refer to Caz's questionable life choices

You married your stalker... twice!?! What a Carrielamity! šŸ¤ 

Instagram flags your business as a scam! What a gosh-darn-tootin' Carrielamity! šŸ¤ 

Aww shucks... you made Ol' Man Webber angrier than a rattlesnake in a pickle barrel and he drove your ass outta the West End lickety-split! What a Carrielamity! šŸ¤ 

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Well Carrie I havenā€™t ā€˜lost my mindā€™ at the news of you being cast in a creaky old show playing to venues in the arse end of nowhere .
Was Jamie lined up to play Bill? If itā€™s revealed to be him then heā€™s lost his mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.