Carrie Hope Fletcher #97 As Long As No Olivers Need Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ain’t no way she’s doing all this while maintaining a believable accent and also delivering the required comedic timing of the character. Calamity Jane is one of my favourite movies and I just can’t imagine her doing The Face in every scene and screeching her way through the Secret Love and Black Hills of Dakota.

Doris Day was SO charming in this role. Absolutely gutted that any choreo for Jane (which is kind of essential imo) will go down the drain because Gary can only stomp.

Reactions: 16
I’m not into musicals but I looked up the story and the movie and can’t see Carrie fitting this role: she’s fat and looks old which is the opposite of what she’s supposed to look like. Looks are important for roles, honestly can’t imagine her transforming and being called beautiful :LOL: like in the movie:

I won’t even go over her lack of dancing, acting and singing skills because it’s been covered by many people before me. But even if she had those skills, she still wouldn’t look the part.
---
So I guess we can safely assume that John won't be getting to reimpregnate her any time soon then, since she's now booked through to September 2025. No siblings for Marvellous Maisie for now.
She can always get pregnant again after seeing the tour flopping and call it an accident and use it as an excuse to justify her epic failure as an MT leading actress. After all, we know how fertile she is and how once is all they need. 🤢

If Bonnie and Clyde didn't sell well then I cant see this doing well at all. I'm a massive musical theatre fan but this doesn't interest me at all, I don't think I could even name you one song from the show 🙈.

The promo pic is photoshopped to hell, that trailer is cringe and the costume and make up look terrible!

Reactions: 20
We all knew it wouldn't be long until she dumped the kid at Debbie's and went back to "acting". Joel's mum won't get a look in of course.

Reactions: 6
Ain’t no way she’s doing all this while maintaining a believable accent and also delivering the required comedic timing of the character. Calamity Jane is one of my favourite movies and I just can’t imagine her doing The Face in every scene and screeching her way through the Secret Love and Black Hills of Dakota.

Can't imagine her hopping about the set, up on bars etc... most stationary calamity ever. Just walking around the stage pulling The Face. Calamity is high high energy!!

Reactions: 15
That doesn’t look like carries body on the promo poster! How long before Joel makes some lewd joke about her bringing the whip home to practise?!
The only good thing about this will be watching Joel’s deranged lives whilst she’s away.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I’m not into musicals but I looked up the story and the movie and can’t see Carrie fitting this role: she’s fat and looks old which is the opposite of what she’s supposed to look like. Looks are important for roles, honestly can’t imagine her transforming and being called beautiful :LOL: like in the movie:

I won’t even go over her lack of dancing, acting and singing skills because it’s been covered by many people before me. But even if she had those skills, she still wouldn’t look the part.
---

She can always get pregnant again after seeing the tour flopping and call it an accident and use it as an excuse to justify her epic failure as an MT leading actress. After all, we know how fertile she is and how once is all they need. 🤢
I wouldn't disagree except we were meant to buy her transforming into a great beauty in Cinderella so I guess audiences will have to pretend for this too!

I think the promo pic is more than photoshopped - it's basically a drawing. Odd.

I can see from comments on my local theatre's post there's definitely a nostalgia market for this but I can't help thinking it's got to be a small one surely. I see a ton of shows a year and almost every musical that comes here, but I wouldn't go even if it wasn't Cazza (and if I could somehow not go twice now she's in it, I would :LOL: ). It's just too old fashioned for me, not knocking it but I doubt I'm a minority here. I'll be surprised if the show or name are a big draw but time will tell! And looking at the video shared of Doris Day dancing and singing - I reeeeeally can't even picture Carrie doing that, so it'll be interesting (but not interesting enough for me to go)!

Reactions: 8
Note how the question was will you be doing all days and venues and she responded she will be doing all venues.
Not every day, so maybe one or two nights per stop? 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Been a while but ran here when I saw the news. Calamity Jane was my sister’s favorite movie for a while and I am horrified by this casting. Also, how is she going to feel when she gets upstaged by Adelaide Adams (which will happen no matter who gets cast). Ugh. The whole love triangle (?) will work because she can easily play jealous. I foresee a lot of annoying jokes, new crushes and that’s if she even makes it through her tour and into rehearsals.

Reactions: 9
If Bonnie and Clyde didn't sell well then I cant see this doing well at all. I'm a massive musical theatre fan but this doesn't interest me at all, I don't think I could even name you one song from the show 🙈.
I think Bonnie and Clyde was a bit too niche with an obsessive London based fanbase that made the producers think there was more demand than there was. Went to see it in Manchester and seemed fairly full but there wasn't any big names in it.

Calamity Jane is more well known so even if people aren't Carrie fans they might book to see it. Guess we will see.

Reactions: 6
See, they missed a trick not rebranding and doing an entirely fresh production of an old favourite. Breathe some new life into the show with exciting performances and bold directorial decisions. If they'd done that, no way would Carrie be cast. There are plenty of names on par with Carrie who can act and dance, plus I mean come on, how many more times do we need to see that Carrie's name does NOT get bums on seats. Hell, they could hire a complete unknown as Jane if they marketed it right! But it's lazy, lazy, lazy plopping Carrie into exactly the same production as Jody Prenger's and letting regional theatres have at it.

Reactions: 11
Hmmm you are right! Same director and some of the same tit artwork, which looks like it's been reused from Five Guys Named Moe or Seven Brides posters or something. So I guess this is a reawakening of that same tour.

So Carrie can't claim to be OG for this version, that honour is with Jodie Prenger.

View attachment 2964691
I worked on this back in 2014 as PR for one of the venues. It got really good reviews 4/5 stars from most of the journalists who came to see it. Will be interesting to see how Carrie does. Last time, it was some guy from Emmerdale starring with her but Jason Donovan did Annie Get Your Gun around the same time so maybe he'll end up back in it.

Reactions: 1
I'm sure Jane is supposed to be charming, they must be trying a new version where she's an irritated, smug witch. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Feels like we got here quickly!
New thread below xx

Reactions: 1
Is your IG anything like your Tattle username?

I wonder if she searches IG for Tattle users and blocks them!
Nope, I keep them very separate. However, I know people on the WE follow here, and must obviously talk. A former cast member in a current WE show specifically tracked down my personal insta and blocked me, after I witnessed something they did and mentioned it here, so it’s not entirely impossible word gets around about us here.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.