Carrie Hope Fletcher #97 As Long As No Olivers Need Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think in theory CJ will sell quite well, people are very sentimental about the film and watching it with their parents/grandparents growing up.

The effect CHF will have on sales will be interesting to me! I might go see it out of morbid curiosity.
She will pull in a few of her obsessed stalker super fans in who go to everything she does at every town but beyond that I can't see the attraction, folks like my Mum who goes to the odd thing in Newcastle (not playing there) or Sunderland (is playing there) haven't the faintest clue who she is. It's all about the big shows that they've heard of doing well in London for years finally arriving in town, or what show has the best artwork in the little squares that appear in the paper thing that the Theatre Royal Newcastle mail out to her twice a year. Unfortunately the artwork for this looks absolutely amateur hour so she'll just skip past it, and go and see whatever has someone that was once in Strictly in instead.

Reactions: 12
I love musicals and I am booked to see 4 this year in Bristol, bare in mind I am 50 but Calamity Jane does not interest me at all, so obviously a lot of stalker fans will be going.

According to her she is doing all venues, come on Gary you never do 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Who knows, maybe Carrie has realised that she isn't as much of a west end star any more, and will get fit, take dance and singing lessons?, maybe it'll be a turning point for her career wise to train, now she's got a baby to feed, maybe she's feeling she needs to step up.

• Haha
Problem is that my local no longer discounts tickets when something isn't selling, they just let there be empty seats. It's quite early on at my local, so the tour won't be cancelled at that point (unless it never starts at all!).
Our locals never discount tickets.
It’s cheaper to see a show in the west end.

Reactions: 8
Who knows, maybe Carrie has realised that she isn't as much of a west end star any more, and will get fit, take dance and singing lessons?, maybe it'll be a turning point for her career wise to train, now she's got a baby to feed, maybe she's feeling she needs to step up.
Maybe she can "run" a few more marathons to get fit, like she "ran" before?

• Haha
The promo video makes it look like she's in a giant bulky trenchcoat- the sort of thing where it's actually two children, one stood on the other's shoulders to look like a grownup 😂

Great to see The Face back, I think she's trying to give sultry and sexy but she's actually giving fighting off a sneeze?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just watched the announcement video. Oh wow it’s bad. That isn’t calamity’s vibe at all. It’s just Carrie pretending to be bad ass and you can see the clogs turning “look cool, look cool, look cool!”

horrendous.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The absolute jump scare I got seeing CJ in my inbox from ATG this morning, they couldn't have cast literally anyone else?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Maybe this will be the tour that humbles her.
She wasn’t the lead in Crown Jewels flopor her panto.
This tour is firmly on her shoulders if it doesn’t sell.

Reactions: 16
It's the tiny watermill production. It will be lost on some of the bigger stages.

I'd guess it will be someone like Jason Donovan or some other ex boybander starring next to her
---
My mum loves Doris Day movies, but she has never been fussed about seeing this on previous tours. She'd rather just watch the movie. I might have taken her anyway this time, but not with Carrie in it.

Reactions: 8
So I’m 26 and I grew up watching calamity Jane a LOT. I swear it was always on tv?! So I love it, even Doris Day’s crazy fake laugh she does as calam. So of course I’ve been picturing Carrie trying to do that laugh. And all the quips in a southern drawl…
She won’t be able to pull off plucky, quick on the draw (whip crack awaaaay) , and she won’t be able to pull off “secret love” at end. She’s a short burst shout singer. That doesn’t suit any of calamity’s songs. Especially trying to sing fast and with proper diction- she struggles with this so she punctuates every sound toooo much and it makes the songs sound slower (like in “pulled” from the Addams family, the “puppy dogs with droopy faces” part sounds clunky and like she has too much saliva in her mouth)

Reactions: 9
So I’m 26 and I grew up watching calamity Jane a LOT. I swear it was always on tv?! So I love it, even Doris Day’s crazy fake laugh she does as calam. So of course I’ve been picturing Carrie trying to do that laugh. And all the quips in a southern drawl…
She won’t be able to pull off plucky, quick on the draw (whip crack awaaaay) , and she won’t be able to pull off “secret love” at end. She’s a short burst shout singer. That doesn’t suit any of calamity’s songs. Especially trying to sing fast and with proper diction- she struggles with this so she punctuates every sound toooo much and it makes the songs sound slower (like in “pulled” from the Addams family, the “puppy dogs with droopy faces” part sounds clunky and like she has too much saliva in her mouth)

The movie is often on bbc2 still. Was on the other week

Reactions: 4
She always sounds like she has a claggy throat!
COUGH Carrie! Have a nice cup of herbal tea!
I think in her old vlogs etc she would eat/drink claggy things in her dressing room which I’ve heard isn’t great?! Another example of Carrie thinking she’s above all the other things that performers do- whether it be drinking milky tea before singing, or actually training.

Reactions: 4
Ain’t no way she’s doing all this while maintaining a believable accent and also delivering the required comedic timing of the character. Calamity Jane is one of my favourite movies and I just can’t imagine her doing The Face in every scene and screeching her way through the Secret Love and Black Hills of Dakota.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So I guess we can safely assume that John won't be getting to reimpregnate her any time soon then, since she's now booked through to September 2025. No siblings for Marvellous Maisie for now.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.