Carrie Hope Fletcher #97 As Long As No Olivers Need Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's with the weird scowl in the promo photo and trailer? I know, I know, Carrie can't act for tit but how did marketing look at the material and think, "Yeah, let's portray Calamity Jane as a moustache twirling melodrama villain"?
Looks like she should be taking part in Clue 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The news was already out yesterday as it was leaked...Was it you No Neck?!? 🤡😂🤡
1000019618.jpg

The #🤢🤡🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
The last major tour of it starred Toyah Willcox. As far as I can see, everything since has been amateur productions. Their artwork was dodgy too but still better.

(This poster is obviously from the West End but there's results on google that show the same artwork in use for short runs around the country)

View attachment 2964667
We actually had a tour with Jodie Prenger in 2014. 👀

Reactions: 7
We actually had a tour with Jodie Prenger in 2014. 👀
Hmmm you are right! Same director and some of the same tit artwork, which looks like it's been reused from Five Guys Named Moe or Seven Brides posters or something. So I guess this is a reawakening of that same tour.

So Carrie can't claim to be OG for this version, that honour is with Jodie Prenger.

1717063068532.png

Reactions: 13
So much for that hypocrite to go with this fake picture of herself whilst pretending to be the Queen of #BodyPositivity
Crabbie you are such a bleep clown 🤡🤢🤡
I'm sure she'll blame the people who designed the poster if she chooses to acknowledge this

Reactions: 6
The costume Carrie is wearing in the promo looks identical to the one I can Jodie wearing in pics of her performing, so there's nothing original about this at all.
---
But she will claim to be the first Calamity to wear Docs though 🤡😂🤡
Will she be the first ginger Calamity? The same way she went on about her hair colour as Veronica.

Reactions: 8
This is not a trendy or even that well-known musical imo? I predict a flop
I'm really not sure who the audience for this is. It's based on a film from the 50's, which had Doris Day in the lead. I would have guessed they'd market this to maybe an older audience, or families, who have a bit more fondness for the film... but that demographic likely aren't going to be wowed by Tom from McFly's sister. Similarly, I don't think Carrie's target audience are going to be clamouring to see this kind of musical unless it's specifically to see her (are we going to have tantrums when someone complains that the alternate is on? "You paid for Calamity Jane and you got Calamity Jane!").

The last time this toured with Jodie Prenger, it apparently sold well but didn't get fantastic reviews...and that's with Jodie Prenger, who, at least at the time, was a lot more well known for winning I'd Do Anything, and is a lot better on a technical level than Carrie.

A production like this can work (the production of White Christmas with George Blagden I saw in Sheffield last December is coming to mind) but it hinges on the charisma of its leads... and Carrie ain't got it.

Reactions: 13
Just checked my local theatre, highest price ticket £64 (ouch!), 7 performances in 5 days. Either she'll need to get down the gym, or the understudy will be getting plenty of experience as a leading lady.

I look forward to following ticket sales!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is not a trendy or even that well-known musical imo? I predict a flop
I think in theory CJ will sell quite well, people are very sentimental about the film and watching it with their parents/grandparents growing up.

The effect CHF will have on sales will be interesting to me! I might go see it out of morbid curiosity.

Reactions: 5
I'm really not sure who the audience for this is. It's based on a film from the 50's, which had Doris Day in the lead. I would have guessed they'd market this to maybe an older audience, or families, who have a bit more fondness for the film... but that demographic likely aren't going to be wowed by Tom from McFly's sister. Similarly, I don't think Carrie's target audience are going to be clamouring to see this kind of musical unless it's specifically to see her (are we going to have tantrums when someone complains that the alternate is on? "You paid for Calamity Jane and you got Calamity Jane!").

The last time this toured with Jodie Prenger, it apparently sold well but didn't get fantastic reviews...and that's with Jodie Prenger, who, at least at the time, was a lot more well known for winning I'd Do Anything, and is a lot better on a technical level than Carrie.

A production like this can work (the production of White Christmas with George Blagden I saw in Sheffield last December is coming to mind) but it hinges on the charisma of its leads... and Carrie ain't got it.
The only reason she got the job is because her stalker fans will buy tickets even though they haven't got clue what it is about.

She can't act or dance, so it will be tit!

Reactions: 8
Just checked my local theatre, highest price ticket £64 (ouch!), 7 performances in 5 days. Either she'll need to get down the gym, or the understudy will be getting plenty of experience as a leading lady.

No one is paying £64 for Calamity Jane in local theatres. What the people who mount these tours forget is, local theatres in the regions don’t get the bargains of TodaysTix or the £25 lotteries to fill the theatres like the west end does. It’ll be £64 and that’s it (for people who don’t know about the seat filling services 🤭)
I think the producers underestimate how little ‘west end Queen’ Carrie is known outside of the west end bubble.
They’d probs get more bums on seats with the latest winners of StrictlyIceFactor than this.
This is gonna flop so hard.

Reactions: 17

It’ll go down like the Crown Jewels.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think in theory CJ will sell quite well, people are very sentimental about the film and watching it with their parents/grandparents growing up.

The effect CHF will have on sales will be interesting to me! I might go see it out of morbid curiosity.
Wait for the inevitable seat selling sites with their £5 bargain.

Reactions: 11
No one is paying £64 for Calamity Jane in local theatres. What the people who mount these tours forget is, local theatres in the regions don’t get the bargains of TodaysTix or the £25 lotteries to fill the theatres. It’ll be £64 and that’s it.
I think the producers underestimate how little ‘west end Queen’ Carrie is known outside of the west end bubble.
They’d probs get more bums on seats with the latest winners of StrictlyIceFactor than this.
This is gonna flop so hard.
Problem is that my local no longer discounts tickets when something isn't selling, they just let there be empty seats. It's quite early on at my local, so the tour won't be cancelled at that point (unless it never starts at all!).

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.