Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 What’sOnStage? Not Carrie, for much longer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really can’t understand this new tour, given the poor sale rate for the last tour. Palladium did well tbf, but most of the other dates barely sold half the stalls, let alone a whole theatre.

Why on earth would her production company invest god knows what for another failed tour?

Reactions: 22
Hang on. Now, I dislike Carrie as much as the next tattler, but it’s beginning to sound very sexist. If Joel was off on tour I guarantee he wouldn’t get these comments because of having a baby!
Tell that to the government who only allow a man 2 weeks off for paternity!

Going back to work after a baby is a massive thing, speaking as someone who worked from home in my last pregnancy and I’m on maternity leave currently and will be going back to an office based job and I’m absolutely DREADING it. I feel like her planning to go on a tour when she has no clue what life is gonna be like with a baby, while still being currently pregnant, is just weird and putting so much unecessary pressure on herself. Post partum depression can pop up when you least expect it, I thought I dodged it then 8 months post partum it hit me in a v hard way. I just dunno why she’s just not done a one off show so she can do #soldoutthepalladium again

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Replying to people that are claiming that babies aren’t cheap, this is a woman with two properties which also has a book in the works and has other sources of income. And also has a brother that wouldn’t mind chipping in based on how much he’s helped so far, starting with buying her the flat.
If the last tour is any indication, it’s cheaper for her to stay at home and actually raise her child than it is for her to go on a tour and have to pay for childcare. I’m not sure the last tour actually made a profit considering how the majority of seats were sold off for 5£.

To reply to the person bringing sexism into this, it’s actually biology. 🙄🙄 Many babies won’t take to the bottle and they need breastfeeding, so yeah the woman has less freedom.
Am I annoyed by this as a woman? Of course. But if I decide to have a baby someday, I know I’ll have to put my life on hold and put my baby first and sacrifice more than my partner until they’re weaned off, because the baby will most likely rely on my more than my partner until they move to proper food.

PS: it is INSANE to make such heavy plans when you don’t have a financial need for it before you even met your baby and seen what they’re like.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
To be real for a second, it’s actually a super smart move. We don’t know what her break even point is for the tour, so this could be a case of her making a stack of cash for 3 weeks work to see her through the rest of the year. She wouldn’t bother doing it if she wasn’t been paid thousands which will mean security and she wouldn’t need to think about a west end run when the baby is under a year old. Take Debbie on tour and bam, that’s a few more months maternity under her belt

Reactions: 18
Awww, it’s so sweet of Tom to bankroll another tour ❤💖🫶🏻

(my own speculation but I believe it with my whole heart)
It’s got to be the only explanation. The last tour would’ve had half full auditoriums but for free or £5 tickets and even then most venues didn’t ‘sell out’

Reactions: 6
Well the latest thing that has appeared on my insta says that she'll be doing it with "Baby Peanut alongside her", I guess people can interpret what that means from right there on stage, in the wings, in the green room to in the hotel, but with all of them it's a lot of daily miles for Peanut to travel.

If it is meant just "in spirit" then I think that is unfair to the Hopefuls who will be disappointed as they will certainly take it to mean they're getting a personal meet and greet with Peanut.

Either way, I still think booking a tour for 7 months after due date is making a lot of bold assumptions that the final stages of pregnancy and the birth and the post-birth are all going to go swimmingly. And it still just seems an unnecessary rush possibly from a desperation to stick two fingers up at other recent musical theatre mums.

1700487118948.png

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Why did it have to be a tour? Why didn’t she just do a few nights at #shesoldoutthepalladium? It’ll make her eligible for her coveted WOS, and she wouldn’t have to travel as much. She has no idea what her life is going to be like in a year. It’s unfair to Joel, and the baby to be traveling this much with a six-seven month old.

Reactions: 38
Im going to talk about myself for a minute but i promise I’ll swing back to Carrie.

I went back to work when my son was four months old and I absolutely regret it. I was determined that I would get “back to myself/ career” after my child was born because I couldn’t wrap my head around the fact that I was having a child. I was going to bottle feed him because it would be easier if my then partner could help with the feeding. I made all of these decisions before knowing what being a parent was going to be like. Thankfully my son was an angel who only woke for feeds and didn’t have colic or digestive issues. Even so I was mentally and physically exhausted and going back to work so soon is time I’ll never get back.

She is going to run herself to the ground doing this. For what? She’s done a tour before so it can’t be a new personal accomplishment. She could take a year out, focus on local work if she’s so eager to get back to it. This is very strange for her to want to do and it screams she’s running out of options or there’s something deeper going on with her MH.

Reactions: 17
Good luck with the tour if her baby is anything like my oldest. He lived exclusively on or right next to me for the first 6 months. Couldn't even take a shower without him screaming until he turned blue or threw up (he wasn't even alone, always with his dad or aunt). Wouldn't take a bottle, and breastfed every 1 to 1.5 hrs. I did fcuk all except fed and hold him for the first 6 months of his life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Replying to people that are claiming that babies aren’t cheap, this is a woman with two properties which also has a book in the works and has other sources of income. And also has a brother that wouldn’t mind chipping in based on how much he’s helped so far, starting with buying her the flat.
If the last tour is any indication, it’s cheaper for her to stay at home and actually raise her child than it is for her to go on a tour and have to pay for childcare. I’m not sure the last tour actually made a profit considering how the majority of seats were sold off for 5£.

To reply to the person bringing sexism into this, it’s actually biology. 🙄🙄 Many babies won’t take to the bottle and they need breastfeeding, so yeah the woman has less freedom.
Am I annoyed by this as a woman? Of course. But if I decide to have a baby someday, I know I’ll have to put my life on hold and put my baby first and sacrifice more than my partner until they’re weaned off, because the baby will most likely rely on my more than my partner until they move to proper food.

PS: it is INSANE to make such heavy plans when you don’t have a financial need for it before you even met your baby and seen what they’re like.
Also while fed is best and all that. Its scientifically proven that breastfeeding does give babies a leg up so to speak for their whole life because its better overall. Obviously fed is most important, but theres a reason rich mums who dont want to breastfeed themselves buy other womens breast milk instead of formula.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Also while fed is best and all that. Its scientifically proven that breastfeeding does give babies a leg up so to speak for their whole life because its better overall. Obviously fed is most important, but theres a reason rich mums who dont want to breastfeed themselves buy other womens breast milk instead of formula.
Oh please. The LAST thing we should be doing here is getting into a formula vs breast debate. Really, really, let’s not. Plus that’s a wild thing to throw out that you can just purchase enough breastmilk to sustain a growing infant if you’re not able to produce it yourself. Unless you’ve got a wet nurse locked in the basement, then, no. It’s not a thing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
So they corrected their Canva poster with the correct spelling of Birmingham… But Carrie can’t wait to see everyone IN the road 🙄 Sounds dangerous to me. Does anybody proof read anything?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I highly doubt she's going to be struggling with juggling baby and tour because she'll half ass both. The show isn't going to be complicated or high quality, it'll just be her singing songs she already knows by heart now and talk about her romanticized life and how much she was wronged by the ex-boyfriends. And baby will be spending 80% of the time with her grandparents and only be brought to Carrie for the essentials and for Danny to take photos
It’s also possible (and totally ok) that Joel takes a year off and looks after the baby.
With the way everything just falls into Carrie’s lap, I also doubt she’s going to struggle. She will have tons of help. Obviously she’s still going to lecture everyone on the hardships of motherhood, since she will be the first musical theatre star to go on tour with a baby.

Reactions: 14
I'm sure whichever MT actor is staying them at the time will also be a live-in babysitter

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This tour has obviously been in the works for a while. This may also explain the hysteria over not getting nominated. She knows she won't get nominated again next year either now.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Surprised that Joel hasn't reposted her tour poster posts umpteen times like he usually does.

I wonder if he's in full support.

Reactions: 12
Surprised that Joel hasn't reposted her tour poster posts umpteen times like he usually does.

I wonder if he's in full support.
They've probably fallen out since she posted that "thanks for having ME" post where he's stood about a mile away from her

Reactions: 11
I have no problem with her doing the tour with a 7 month old. I have 3 children and went back to work after 4 months with all 3 of them. Mainly for the money but it also saved my sanity, especially after my first who was a difficult baby. However I had an office job that could also be flexible, and I could also be covered if it was absolutely necessary. Advertising and asking people to part with their money for her own one woman show, before she even knows how things are going to go (especially as it's her first baby and they're a shock to the system!), is probably not a great idea as at this point, you have no idea if you'll be able to fulfil that contract. But that leads me onto my next point -

I think she's doing the tour because she knows her star is fading and she is desperate to remain relevant. She's not been on the West End since Cinderella, so a good 18 months, and now that she's pregnant she's going to be out of action for a little while. She doesnt have a job to jump straight back to such as Sam Barks, so this is her way of still having her name out there.

What she doesnt seem to grasp is that she's going to struggle to sell tickets on her name alone the longer that she's away from the West End. She's not an "icon", she's not actually been in that many shows, and even her online presence is dwindling. The Hopefuls will grow up but she's not doing anything to replace them - her work as a "childrens author" won't cut it.

If tickets were being sold for £5 for the last tour, it's only going to get worse.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.