Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 What’sOnStage? Not Carrie, for much longer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Enormous success” as if it wasn’t going for 5 quid a ticket just to fill seats 😂
Perhaps this tour is an attempt to recoup the losses of the last one!

Could she have done some sort of three-tour deal in the same way as you hear about three-book deals?

Reactions: 7
Really surprised about the tour news, considering she did nothing but moan all through the last one. Maybe because no other work lined up and worried about fading completely into mt obscurity?
I thought this. She didn't seem to enjoy the last one at all if her clinging the wall with anxiety photos are to be believed.

Babies aren't cheap, I suppose, and it's not like she's going to be getting maternity pay or flexible theatre work.

Reactions: 18
I’m no fan of Carrie but I do find the comments here quite funny
like if someone does something it’s fine but if it’s Carrie it’s terrible
A lot of MT actresses announced when they returning before their baby is born
And women have to set a return date before they go on maternity leave
I know touring is a bit different but lots of musicians tour with young babies and I’m sure Joel other mum will go with her to help
And it’s just a tour she can push it back if she really has to
As someone with a 7 month old I don’t think her going on a tour with her baby is totally ridiculous
Sure it’ll be tough but she won’t get any maternity pay and babies aren’t cheap

Reactions: 9
I know touring is a bit different but lots of musicians tour with young babies and I’m sure Joel other mum will go with her to help
As someone with a 7 month old I don’t think her going on a tour with her baby is totally ridiculous
I don't necessarily think it's ridiculous but some of those travel days are going to be long (and made longer by having to bring her baby with her). I think it would be fine, if they'd actually grouped certain dates together (e.g. Truro, Bath and Cardiff) because you'll already be in that region. But going from London to Truro is going to be a slog and going from Birmingham up to Edinburgh is going to be similar.

I just feel like they could have planned it better to go around the UK rather than hopping from one region to a region at the opposite end of the country.

Reactions: 16
For someone supposedly so focused on family, and so in love, she does seem to do as much as possible to not spend time at home with them. And there is way too much 'me' in her speak for a supposedly happy couple.

She just doesn't seem to think of anyone but herself. She gives herself away in her language

Reactions: 22
I don’t think it’s ridiculous, but knowing Carrie one of these things will happen:

a) She won’t be able to pull it, will call the tour off and we’ll have endless rants about how hard maternity is.

b) She will be able to do it and she will act like the first person to accomplish quite a task, like she’s done with other things like getting her driving license first try.

Reactions: 18
Because Carrie has a meltdown at the slightest hint of a problem.

One or two rude comments online? CALL THE POLICE!! Bad performance at West End Live? HAVE A PUBLIC STROP AND CALL OFF WORK!! Flight cancelled? STRANDED!! IN THE CAPTIAL OF FRANCE!!!!! @icelandair PAY THE DIVIDENDS!!!

She can't function in the world as it is, add a new baby to the mix and it's not much of a stretch to assume she'll struggle.

Reactions: 22
In all seriousness though, that is a ridiculous amount of travelling with a young baby over a short period of time
keeping in mind there are also guidelines on how long a baby should be allowed in a car seat for 🙈 only 30 mins at a time when newborn, and then no more than 2 hours! completely understand that sometimes needs must, but touring the country with mummy doesn’t scream ‘essential travel’

Reactions: 19
Well, sure. Your baby is your reference point. But that’s the thing- you’ve already met and know your baby. How could you predict that they’d be grand with trekking miles down the motorway having sleepovers in hotel rooms miles from home before they were born?

Plus this is Carrie. The sheer organisation needed and being ‘on it’ enough to pull this off with a totally dependent infant is just not going to be there is it. Believe me if she’s paying for a travelling nanny to be on the road with them it’s going to totally wipe any profit she might hope to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
It’s all for the £££ because she’s not getting much other work. Obviously she’s not as anxious about being herself on stage as she claims. I still cringe when I think of those staged photos before the last tour showing her ‘anxiety’ about performing 🙄

I’m sure the baby will spend a lot of time with grandparents / a hired nanny to fit in with the Carrie/ Shrek lifestyle. I think having a kid is something she wants to tick off the list, she doesn’t plan to actually raise it herself.

Reactions: 19
Carrie in bleeping Truro with a screaming unsettled baby going through a sleep regression in a bloody Premier Inn after an 8 hour drive. PLEASE.

The duck she’s going to be able to remember all the stuff she’ll have to cart around to take a baby on the road with her 😆
I agree with what you've said, although just a PSA:
There's no such thing as strict sleep regressions. It's a scam. There's a book/app that has circulated for years about babies/toddlers (Wonder Weeks) and it's all a scam by a disgraced Dutsch researcher named Plooji. Sleep regression is a thing in the broad sense, but not in the overly specific way Wonder Weeks talks about it.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I just need to know if Danny With A Bad Angle is going with, or are they hiring a proper photographer this time?

Reactions: 8
I wonder if the advertisers are just trolling Carrie.

They've read her writing, seen her husbands posts, they know incorrect spelling is on brand for her

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s removed the bit that people have interpreted as the baby coming with her - in any case, to me it could’ve meant that her baby was “with them” in the sense of it existing rather than physically travelling with her. Perhaps another case of carrie’s poor wording?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.