Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 What’sOnStage? Not Carrie, for much longer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I highly doubt she's going to be struggling with juggling baby and tour because she'll half ass both. The show isn't going to be complicated or high quality, it'll just be her singing songs she already knows by heart now and talk about her romanticized life and how much she was wronged by the ex-boyfriends. And baby will be spending 80% of the time with her grandparents and only be brought to Carrie for the essentials and for Danny to take photos

Reactions: 14
Oh my God have you guys listened to this!? 😂 Why is Joel doing voice reels about cows in a southern US accent—am I missing something??

IMG_3057.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I highly doubt she's going to be struggling with juggling baby and tour because she'll half ass both. The show isn't going to be complicated or high quality, it'll just be her singing songs she already knows by heart now and talk about her romanticized life and how much she was wronged by the ex-boyfriends. And baby will be spending 80% of the time with her grandparents and only be brought to Carrie for the essentials and for Danny to take photos

Plus as always her parents will swoop in and make it all better for her

Reactions: 7
My sister wants to go to the bloody tour so I’ll take one for the team and report back 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I just need to know if Danny With A Bad Angle is going with, or are they hiring a proper photographer this time?
Considering she was too tight to hire a real photographer for her actual wedding, I think we can expect the same bottom of the barrel snaps as last time.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hang on. Now, I dislike Carrie as much as the next tattler, but it’s beginning to sound very sexist. If Joel was off on tour I guarantee he wouldn’t get these comments because of having a baby!

Reactions: 18
Hang on. Now, I dislike Carrie as much as the next tattler, but it’s beginning to sound very sexist. If Joel was off on tour I guarantee he wouldn’t get these comments because of having a baby!
I'm sure he would? But Joel won't have to go through pregnancy and childbirth and breast feeding and weaning. A newborn and the pregnancy process is obviously more strenuous on the woman. That's not sexist, it's biology.

Reactions: 45
I don’t think it’s the same. A man could just hop off on a two week tour with a lot less to think about than a woman who has given birth seven months previously. The baby might rely on Carrie for its main source of food depending on how that goes/how she chooses to feed the baby. You may not like it but that’s the reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
To be honest I don't think it's because she is a woman, it's because she is Carrie.

She has shown time and again she can't handle the simplist tasks in life, or the most minor inconvenience. Handling something as life changing and disruptive as raising a baby, and doing a tour (which supposedly caused her great anxiety) just seems a recipe for disaster. I don't think she has the life skills to juggle all that. Not without a lot of help from mum and dad anyway.

Plus she always seems to want to avoid being along at home with Joel

Reactions: 32
My sister wants to go to the bloody tour so I’ll take one for the team and report back 😂
Remember to wait for the £5 tickets!!
---
She’s removed the bit that people have interpreted as the baby coming with her - in any case, to me it could’ve meant that her baby was “with them” in the sense of it existing rather than physically travelling with her. Perhaps another case of carrie’s poor wording?
Wow, you can't fault Crabbie on her skills at monitoring social media for the slightest bad press and instantly adjusting!

Wonder if she will try to be "special guest" on this casual selling out of Cadogan Hall in July, and then enter it into WOS next year as best concert event 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Can’t wait for a bad performance and then the following meltdown about how she is the first ever working mum and how no one understands this

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She will get maternity pay, self employed women don’t get as much but there is a basic maternity pay from the government

Reactions: 8
Surprised by this tour; is she hoping her followers all have amnesia and have helpfully forgotten how AWFUL the prospect of her last tour was? But now she suddenly can’t wait to do it again?!? She just doesn’t want to be stuck with Shrek. Imagine being ‘happily’ married and banging on about previous relationships as let’s face it there will be a section on the ex boyfriends, especially oli!!

Reactions: 15
I think I am just more surprised that she is doing another tour in the first place, baby or not.
Was the first one really that popular? I guess she did "casually" sell out the Palladium...

She must be hiring a nanny or have the grandparents help whilst she rehearses for said tour.

Do we know when Joel is currently contracted until in Hamilton? I could see Debbie tagging along for the whole tour as Carrie's support unit/full time nanny and Joel taking some leave to do the Guildford/Palladium/Canterbury part and a northern stretch like last time. Didn't they conceive the baby in Edinburgh? 🤢 Or find out Carrie was pregnant at one of the venues? I can see them (or Joel) commemorating that, for content so he'll definitely find a way to be there even if Carrie's not fussed.

I can't fault him for wanting to spend time with his wife and child but I could see him making a bit of a nuisance of himself backstage and being overprotective/officious. Not to mention showing the baby off to Carrie's mad fans as he can't resist attention in spite of supposed safety/privacy concerns.

Why on earth have they scheduled Ipswich between Truro and Bath, not to mention all the zigzagging between the midlands, north and Scotland over the last five or so dates?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
How? Unless they are going to be bottle feeding the baby from the start then there are PHYSICAL things that Joel just isn't able to do (the first thing that comes to mind is breastfeeding and wheening (sp?) Onto solid food and having the breastfeed in the night/whenever the baby wants).

Let's face it, Joel has a lot more freedom when it comes to the baby.

Reactions: 8
Whoever planned this tour needs to bloody have a good look at a map of the British isles, because it’s logistically mental how they’ve done it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Whoever planned this tour needs to bloody have a good look at a map of the British isles, because it’s logistically mental how they’ve done it.
😂 right? I don't know why you wouldn't have the glasgow/edinburgh nights together or why you wouldn't try to get truro/bath/cardiff/Birmingham as consecutive nights. And that's off the top of my head.

Answering my own question, I recall someone saying production simply book the available date at each venue so it's not necessarily a logical sequence, geographically speaking. I suppose they don't mind about the extra petrol costs and man hours driving the set up and down the country. It being gruelling for the performer/s and crew is just par for the course.

Still seems a bit mad to not smooth or out slightly for the sake of your 7 months PP 'star' with her first baby in tow.

She's performing every night or every other night in a different location. Could they not have thrown in a five day break in the middle (for everyone's sake) then resumed part two? Does Lambert Jackson book all these dates in advance then decide what production to run?

Last edited:
I don't necessarily think it's ridiculous but some of those travel days are going to be long (and made longer by having to bring her baby with her). I think it would be fine, if they'd actually grouped certain dates together (e.g. Truro, Bath and Cardiff) because you'll already be in that region. But going from London to Truro is going to be a slog and going from Birmingham up to Edinburgh is going to be similar.

I just feel like they could have planned it better to go around the UK rather than hopping from one region to a region at the opposite end of the country.
All theatre tours, be they full shows or solo concerts, are planned like that to optimise ticket sales.
---
Take Glasgow and Edinburgh, the people who see it in Glasgow are unlikely to go to Edinburgh if the show is one there two days later. But they’re more likely to travel if it’s a few months later and they really loved it the first time. I saw the same show in Edinburgh and Glasgow when at Uni, but only did so as they were over 5 months apart, I wouldn’t if they venues were back to back.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.