Carrie Hope Fletcher #74 Wedding a mess, WTF was that dress, where the love is - that's anyone's guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must have gotten a lot of the wedding gifted, otherwise what was the whole point of having it since they are already married and this "party" is a very traditio al wedding apart from the colours of the dress
Yes, I wonder if they wanted this venue as soon as they got engaged but couldn’t get it until now so they rushed to Gretna in February to make sure they were married quickly. That’s why their parents were fine with it because they knew there was going to be this wedding in the near future.

It does surprise me though because aren’t wedding venues like this usually booked up years in advance? (Although I guess that’s why it’s on a Sunday and would have been gifted)

Reactions: 10
I think it was on Hibas insta but there was a video of them kissing after the ‘vow’ ‘ceremony’ thing and all I could think was she could kiss him like that for that length of time in front of everyone - and go back for another one - but saying her vows the first time around was a no go ?? Nothing adds up.

Reactions: 28
how do they kiss when neither of them have lips
This is why they always look so super awkward while kissing (apart from Carrie looking like she wishes he was someone else); they just push their faces together and hope for the best while aiming for the other person’s mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She's also still only 30...so she could have waited until now and been 30 when she was married if that arbitrary deadline is so important to her

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE

Reactions: 22
I just don’t get what Gretna was? The “party” they had with their friends…. Was a wedding. Why didn’t they just wait?
Surely this second wedding would have taken months to plan. So why rush ahead in Feb? I understand if they were gonna wait years but it makes no sense. I bet they were getting congratulations cards from friends in Feb just weeks before they got sent a wedding invite. And all that nonsense about being nervous in front of other people was a big lie.

Oh and the dress is awful!

Reactions: 19
There is a lot to criticise about the wedding, but I can’t get annoyed about the “hymns”. If you’re not religious at all, and aren’t getting married in a church, I see no need to have proper religious hymns. However I do quite like the whole atmosphere of a congregation singing together, so would probably do something similar and just have everyone sing songs that are special to us.

There’s nothing worse IMO than being at a church wedding with 5 hymns no one knows, and everyone is just muttering along awkwardly to the words and desperately trying to find and follow a tune that they don’t know 😂

So, I will give them that…I do think it’s a nice idea. Don’t kick me off Tattle please!

Reactions: 30
Whoever their photographer was did her dirty placing the blonde pregnant woman up front because she’s holding her belly and has light hair you look at her before Carrie. Should of been Gi to match the girl on the front left.

He's a terrible photographer. I have zero training, only take snaps of my kids and even I know a better idea would have been to stagger the bridal party down the steps and only have Carrie in the gazebo. That would make her the focus and the two lines either side would draw your eye up to her.

Reactions: 21
She's also still only 30...so she could have waited until now and been 30 when she was married if that arbitrary deadline is so important to her

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE
All I can think of is this 🤣.

Maybe Carrie thought she would save a lot of money on stamps - as long as she was married by 30!

EC6BEA05-6348-4AA8-A011-3542BEDF879F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just catching up, not sure if this has been said, but she looks like the Ghost of Christmas Present from A Muppets Christmas Carol

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There is a lot to criticise about the wedding, but I can’t get annoyed about the “hymns”. If you’re not religious at all, and aren’t getting married in a church, I see no need to have proper religious hymns. However I do quite like the whole atmosphere of a congregation singing together, so would probably do something similar and just have everyone sing songs that are special to us.

There’s nothing worse IMO than being at a church wedding with 5 hymns no one knows, and everyone is just muttering along awkwardly to the words and desperately trying to find and follow a tune that they don’t know 😂

So, I will give them that…I do think it’s a nice idea. Don’t kick me off Tattle please!
Oh i hate hymns too, but the whole definition of a hymn is 'a song to praise God'. So why have a 'hymn sheet' full of... not hymns? Just call it a wedding song book or something

I'm just cackling at them including Toy Story in a hymn sheet

Reactions: 46
I'm still catching up, but Marleybrook (the venue) is licenced to hold civil ceremonies. So firstly they could have had their actual wedding there and not bothered with the whole Gretna Green thing and then hire a celebrant for this one. They could have just hired registrars to attend and do the whole legal wedding.
Secondly as it is licenced for civil ceremonies they wouldn't be allowed any hymns with religious wording in, to comply with licence regulations civil ceremonies cannot have any religious wording or songs so fair enough with their song choice but why call it a hymn sheet???

Honestly the more I see of this the more I think what a mess.
I'm just catching up but i bet there was a cringy joke about worshipping at the church of disney

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
The rush Gretna wedding was just a signal to show how 'in love' they were to all the haterz, imo

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Do you think the money from the Gretna magazine "deal" paid for this? Is that why they got married there? Because honestly, everything she said (wanted the day to be about them, didn't want it to be performative etc) about not wanting a traditional wedding and thus going to Gretna...it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever (which I know we have all said). So all I can think is the magazine offered them money and maybe even more for wedding content, which they chose to take and then they could afford to do this?

Although if I was the magazine I would be asking for the money back if I found out any of it had gone towards That Dress 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I have a friend who had an "elopement" (not really, but they called it that and it's kind of what they did with Gretna) and then a big party about 2 months later. They both said they wanted to enjoy the party without worrying about the marriage bit of it all (they too used to word "performance") but then theirs really was just a good party, no ceremony, no hymns, no nothing. I'd understand if they did it like that, but they really just had a second wedding, lmao.

But then again, one of my boyfriends friends had a whole elaborate wedding party, which was very fun and very beautiful, only to to tell us 2 days later that they were by then already in the process of annulment but didn't want a good party to go to waste. So hey, here's hoping, haha

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Do you think the money from the Gretna magazine "deal" paid for this? Is that why they got married there? Because honestly, everything she said (wanted the day to be about them, didn't want it to be performative etc) about not wanting a traditional wedding and thus going to Gretna...it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever (which I know we have all said). So all I can think is the magazine offered them money and maybe even more for wedding content, which they chose to take and then they could afford to do this?

Although if I was the magazine I would be asking for the money back if I found out any of it had gone towards That Dress 😂
Max they would have got for the Gretna wedding deal would have been £5k

Reactions: 7
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but did she wear 2 different skirts or is it just the lighting?

Screenshot_20230809-114122.png

Screenshot_20230809-114135.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.