Carrie Hope Fletcher #74 Wedding a mess, WTF was that dress, where the love is - that's anyone's guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Winning title by @AvaKnight with 71 likes - congrats

Previous thread here

Recap:
- She got married (AGAIN). Does the eloping not count now? They seem to be pretending it doesn't.
- The theme was "Autumn in Summer" or something
- She outdid herself with the worst dress ever. Sorry Rosie Red, but it was gruesome.
- Joel's outfit was more or less as bad
- Even the "celebrant" (why was there one anyway?) couldn't be arsed and turned up in a t-shirt
- Only the bridesmaids and Gi looked any good
- Scott was Man of Honour as expected
- Famous Bro sang some songs with his kid
- There were cringey keepsakes and table decorations
- We wait to see whether they've sold out to Hello again, or if Joel has tried to "leak" it to the Daily Mail
- Also waiting to see if there was a #gifted cake made of donuts, or the extend of other freebies
- She binned off a couple of performances of The Crown Jewels shitshow for it, but nobody really noticed
- Some work life balance guff was posted ahead of the wedding, probably to justify in her head the abandonment of the show commitment

Can't remember anything before that, the shock of the wedding dress has wiped my mind, Men In Black style

Please add anything else

THEY ARE ALREADY MARRIED FFS (unless the eloping was all a scam in which case they'll need to refund Hello mag)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Can anyone make a comprehensive list of where all the insta posts are. I need a good catch up, I wasn’t going to put my self through it but I’ve got to. 😬

Reactions: 6
I genuinely can’t handle how disgusting he is 😂 He’s literally a walking ick

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Just me being delighted about the new thread and its title (love it!) and ready for every new photo and piece of information. I'm not even sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The way the pair of them get on makes me ill. It’s made even worse by Carrie’s performance because she’s a tit actress

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Serious question - is she colourblind? Not meaning to offend people with the condition.

Apart from the random rubbish and foliage hanging from it, the dress itself could have worked, to a degree. The colour scheme though. It’s so wrong and vomit inducing, I’m struggling to articulate. Everything about their wedding, colour scheme and decor was if Wish did Tim Burton movie themed weddings. I can’t cope!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Serious question - is she colourblind? Not meaning to offend people with the condition.

Apart from the random rubbish and foliage hanging from it, the dress itself could have worked, to a degree. The colour scheme though. It’s so wrong and vomit inducing, I’m struggling to articulate. Everything about their wedding, colour scheme and decor was if Wish did Tim Burton movie themed weddings. I can’t cope!
It’s really rare for women to be colourblind apparently but I see where you’re coming from

Also I’m placing bets that they’ll call their child Autumn 🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 25

I posted this before, but it’s still relevant and explains so much. She has such an inferiority complex. She feels inferior to Tom bc he’s massively successful, while she’s……not. He married his high school sweetheart whereas she is a serial romancer.

I think she put massive amounts of weird self imposed rules and pressures on herself, just so she can even compare herself to Tom.

• Sick
Reactions: 21
I still cannot get over the fact they didn’t just wait and have their autumn themed wedding celebration in, you know…AUTUMN?!

• Haha
Reactions: 79
I just don’t get what Gretna was? The “party” they had with their friends…. Was a wedding. Why didn’t they just wait?

Reactions: 53
I just don’t get what Gretna was? The “party” they had with their friends…. Was a wedding. Why didn’t they just wait?
Maybe they knew that if they did a 'real' wedding in February, the entire thing would have been awkward (even more so). Carrie's family and friends had 6 months to get used to the idea. It probably sounds less insane now that they have been together for over a year.

Or maybe some of her friends were vocal about what a tit show their relationships was, so Carrie and Joel rushed to be married to quiet them ('now it's too late to say anything' kind of deal).

• Sick
Reactions: 20
A lot has happened over the last couple of days and my brain can't keep up 😅 finally had some time to full digest and come up with some more coherent thoughts

I do think the fairground is cool and nothing wrong with burgers for food as long as they're not just from the local Tesco
Not sure about theming the tables after theatre ghosts but I am not surprised

The bridesmaids boxes made me laugh. She put as much thought into those as she did Joel's presents when she left him behind for Disney

The more I see of Carrie's dress the more I hate it. What on earth was she thinking. Why didn't anyone step up and tell her how awful it looked.
The bridesmaids did look lovely though

But why is everyone behaving like they've just gotten married?! They eloped in February!
Why are they all celebrating their marriage and their love when any sane person can see the red flags in their relationship from miles away.
Her family & friends are just a bunch of enablers or too cowardly to speak up

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I genuinely can’t handle how disgusting he is 😂 He’s literally a walking ick
View attachment 2365473
Did he go to sort out his junk after wiping his nose?? The walking with sparklers video, the description of him walking like a toddler who’s shat themselves is spot on. Likewise the person who described her dress as looking like dead pheasants hanging ready to be plucked. You’re all geniuses 🤭
I don’t see anyone I know there, but then I’ve only seen a side view of grumpy Gail, so there might be pics to follow. No one I know who I’d have thought would be invited has shared anything. Very odd if he invited zero of his Crewe friends. (But I suppose they had the party that Gail organised that no one has posted about either 😜)

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My first Tattle title! Oh my god 🥰 I feel so honoured - and even more so when it is centred around The Dress. I feel this will be an iconic time in the life of Care Bear, immortalised in the wiki 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
On Hiba's IG grid she's got a video where it looks like the 'officiant' does the whole 'you may now kiss the bride' kinda thing. 'Just a party' my arse :rolleyes:

Also, the colours of the dress remind me of a sadder heihei from Moana.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 123547.png

or Kyle from South Park

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Carrie, in your next Q&A, I’d love to understand:
Why you book your Feb elopement in Nov after getting engaged in Oct, wear a wedding dress, sell the story to Hello! who you said wanted to cover the engagement but surprise you were going to be married.
Talk about wanting privacy, no performance, blah blah blah.
Insist you are extremely close with Joel’s family, but have two separate celebrations.
Have a full blown wedding in August with the gown theme of Autumn in Summer (you could have waited a month? Or even 2 and gone on your honeymoon that’s already planned.), traditional first dance, bridesmaids, etc. Are called newly weds when you’ve been married 6 months.
There are so many things that don’t add up.

Sigh. My brain hurts at how much money has been spent over the last year on her weddings, trips, elopement, etc etc etc. And this is just going to continue. We’ll have the first anniversary of the engagement, Carrie’s birthday, first anniversary of eloping, honeymoon, and on and on.

Yes I’m rambling. I’m having a crummy week and I’m trying not to share stress with my senior dog. I want her final days to be happy and relaxing much like Edgar with no one in the house and substantially less book pages fluttering around.

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.