Carrie Hope Fletcher #73 Bursting into Unwanted Musical Song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god saaaaaaaame, I almost joined the forum over this at the time (had been a casual lurker for a while but this made me see red!) As an actual real-life bisexual I almost flipped a table. So tone-deaf.
Same, I am older and struggled with my sexuality for years, and to see her be so flippant, tone- deaf, and deliberately obtuse was a LOT. Still is. I really do think that might be what turned me from casual dislike to full on loathing.

Reactions: 14
Haha, no, she never did. I hope some of her LGBT friends (like Rob or Scott or someone else?) corrected her, or that some of people's comments made her rethink, because a few months or years(?) later, she changed her wording to something a lot more palatable in that blog post so that it doesn't mention the "word" heteroflexible, but wonders aloud if what she is describing counts as being on the LGBT spectrum anywhere ("Now, I'm not gay. I’ve kissed/been attracted to few girls in my brief existence, so I’m not sure if or where I fall on the LGBT+ spectrum anywhere? So, i don’t have a coming out story and I can't imagine what that conversation is like."). http://www.carriehopefletcher.com/2018/03/when-i-am-parent-response-to-love-simon.html?m=1

Attaching screenshots of a great comment under the blog post. Calling her out for using heteroflexible in a really calm, clear, respectful way. The poor fan would probably still have been blocked if they'd commented that on Instagram, though
All I got from that blog post is that she compared someone coming out and being accepted by their parents to her mum approving a dress that she wants to buy. Such a terrible analogy, if someone’s parents don’t accept their sexuality they can’t just try on another one.

As usual she spewed a lot of word vomit trying to make a simple statement that she supported the LGBTQ+ community, missed the mark massively and pissed off a lot of people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
So Joel reposted the Hamilton dance thingy - almost surprised he hasn't decided to duet it yet. He usually likes to insert himself into these things when left out.

Reactions: 11
View attachment 2346674
I would be so embarrassed to post this after the abundance of 1 and 2 star reviews.
She’s obviously embarrassed but has she had to post something because it’s in her contract?

Any other show she’s posted about has had had “wonderful humans” and “so much fun” but this one… 😬

Where’s the link to tickets? Where’s the promotion? Literally less than bare minimum 😂

Edited-I can’t grammar today 😩

Reactions: 13
Haha, no, she never did. I hope some of her LGBT friends (like Rob or Scott or someone else?) corrected her, or that some of people's comments made her rethink, because a few months or years(?) later, she changed her wording to something a lot more palatable in that blog post so that it doesn't mention the "word" heteroflexible, but wonders aloud if what she is describing counts as being on the LGBT spectrum anywhere ("Now, I'm not gay. I’ve kissed/been attracted to few girls in my brief existence, so I’m not sure if or where I fall on the LGBT+ spectrum anywhere? So, i don’t have a coming out story and I can't imagine what that conversation is like."). http://www.carriehopefletcher.com/2018/03/when-i-am-parent-response-to-love-simon.html?m=1

Attaching screenshots of a great comment under the blog post. Calling her out for using heteroflexible in a really calm, clear, respectful way. The poor fan would probably still have been blocked if they'd commented that on Instagram, though
Thanks for sharing this! What a great response from that fan, I would like to say Carrie learned from that but I am positive she absolutely didn’t.

Her friends seem kind of enabling so I would imagine no one in her circle of LGBTQ+ friends did correct her, so she carried on as if nothing was a problem.

You’re right, that fan would be BLOCKED faster than you could say ‘ally’ if that was on Instagram though!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
All I got from that blog post is that she compared someone coming out and being accepted by their parents to her mum approving a dress that she wants to buy. Such a terrible analogy, if someone’s parents don’t accept their sexuality they can’t just try on another one
YES this is exactly what rubbed me up the wrong way! It's such a weird comparison to make, and a blatantly obvious attempt at steering the conversation towards herself and her experience. Trying on clothes and coming out are absolutely not the same thing, it's so incredibly out of touch. I know it was a few years ago now, but I don't think she's changed much since then

Reactions: 19
This very topic reminded me that I screenshotted something back when Joel used the Pride hashtag to praise his straight relationship during pride month and never shared it here because we moved away from it at the time. But in the comments when people were rightly calling him out, someone comfortably said ‘neither of them are part of the LGBTQ+ community’ and neither Joel nor Carrie (or any other fans for that matter) corrected them, but Joel did respectfully change it. Guess it’s not so important for her to claim she’s part of the queer community in any kind of half-arsed way now that’s she’s married to a straight man and playing tit straight roles 🤷🏼‍♀️

IMG_0422.jpeg

Reactions: 23
Funny how she uses the pic of Al Murray and Mel as they were the only ones that have had anything complimentary said about them in the majority of the reviews. Talk about a copy and paste promo.

Reactions: 11
This very topic reminded me that I screenshotted something back when Joel used the Pride hashtag to praise his straight relationship during pride month and never shared it here because we moved away from it at the time. But in the comments when people were rightly calling him out, someone comfortably said ‘neither of them are part of the LGBTQ+ community’ and neither Joel nor Carrie (or any other fans for that matter) corrected them, but Joel did respectfully change it. Guess it’s not so important for her to claim she’s part of the queer community in any kind of half-arsed way now that’s she’s married to a straight man and playing tit straight roles 🤷🏼‍♀️

View attachment 2347935
Should've told him his wife is hetroflexible 🏳️‍🌈🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Funny how she uses the pic of Al Murray and Mel as they were the only ones that have had anything complimentary said about them in the majority of the reviews. Talk about a copy and paste promo.
That's probably what the marketing team are going for, Al & Mel are the only positives in the show so they focus on them

I refuse to believe they will take this on tour

Reactions: 15
That's probably what the marketing team are going for, Al & Mel are the only positives in the show so they focus on them

I refuse to believe they will take this on tour
The confidence they had in this to plan an entire tour with it is amazing, looking at the reviews. Something went seriously wrong and they must have genuinely thought they had a hit on their hands?!

Reactions: 9
Saw a pretty balanced review on tiktok of Crown Jewels from someone called max shetland theatre, who seemed to agree with a lot of what's been said on here. Carrie's songs seem to be completely unnecessary and there for her to bark and park.

Edit: had to remove the link as it doesn't work on here - not sure how to upload on tattle!

Reactions: 6
I went to the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury this weekend and they had a flag on the side of the building promoting The Crown Jewels … with only Carrie’s face on it. I thought it was a strange choice as she’s not the biggest name in this but guess you’ve got to target the younger audience who buy tickets for everything she’s in. 😬

Reactions: 12
I went to the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury this weekend and they had a flag on the side of the building promoting The Crown Jewels … with only Carrie’s face on it. I thought it was a strange choice as she’s not the biggest name in this but guess you’ve got to target the younger audience who buy tickets for everything she’s in. 😬
I’ll bet that’s off the back of her doing panto in Canterbury. They’ll probably count on lots of people who went and saw that coming back to see the CJ.

Reactions: 16
Saw a pretty balanced review on tiktok of Crown Jewels from someone called max shetland theatre, who seemed to agree with a lot of what's been said on here. Carrie's songs seem to be completely unnecessary and there for her to bark and park.

Edit: had to remove the link as it doesn't work on here - not sure how to upload on tattle!
Tiktok links show your account, so you have to post the link into an incognito tab and then copy it from there to share it on tattle :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sam Barks is pregnant and I I can’t help but think that if Carrie was still the West End powerhouse she thinks she is, would she be in the running to replace her in Frozen? Sam was Eponine once, so vocally it would have been possible for Carrie at some point, I guess?

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.