Carrie Hope Fletcher #73 Bursting into Unwanted Musical Song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still remember the sheer amount of anger I felt when she made that statement about being heteroflexible - I honestly don't remember when it was, but it might have been one of the first times I felt true rage over something she said because I knew it wasn't coming from a genuine place; just another attempt to be what she thought was "cool" smh.
Carrie is one of if not the biggest bandwagon jumper I've ever come across, it's just like her anxiety and whatever other bs she peddles.
That's a thing she genuinely said? Wtf - awful comment from her and probably made her young fans who were trying to figure out their identities feel pretty invalidated. Feels almost dismissive to other sexualities to say 'my sexuality is kissing girls when I've had a drink'.

Hopefully that's a long time in the past - anyone have a clue when she said it?

Reactions: 10
That's a thing she genuinely said? Wtf - awful comment from her and probably made her young fans who were trying to figure out their identities feel pretty invalidated. Feels almost dismissive to other sexualities to say 'my sexuality is kissing girls when I've had a drink'.

Wasn’t it when she did But I’m a Cheerleader concert, and ppl were mad she wasn’t actually in the LGBT+ community?

Reactions: 18
Hello all! My fellow humans! I have 4 tubs of playdoh, a curious toddler, and a dream. Please let me debut my new earring collection. Yes, these WILL cost you money but I know you will buy them. You can see my toddler’s hand reaching for them, but I think a little bit of squishing adds character. Just gotta splash some gold nail polish on them and they’ll be done. ❤❤❤ I’m a triple threat, singing, The Face, and bespoke jewellery design 😍View attachment 2346480View attachment 2346481View attachment 2346482
This is brilliant 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Wasn’t it when she did But I’m a Cheerleader concert, and ppl were mad she wasn’t actually in the LGBT+ community?
Found a few things, this is from 2018 - people called her out and specifically mentioned the heteroflexible garbage in the comments, this is just one thing I saw:

Here is one of our later threads as well:

Reactions: 9

Best I could find was a 2019 comment on her blog where someone says she said she was hetroflexible. Interesting thing I hadn’t read (or at least remembered) was that she said in 2018 “That's just me (and as someone who has happened to mainly date bisexual guys...it genuinely may just be me!).” She also mentions kissing girls in this blog post.

---
Found a few things, this is from 2018 - people called her out and specifically mentioned the heteroflexible garbage in the comments, this is just one thing I saw:

Great minds…

Reactions: 3
Best I could find was a 2019 comment on her blog where someone says she said she was hetroflexible. Interesting thing I hadn’t read (or at least remembered) was that she said in 2018 “That's just me (and as someone who has happened to mainly date bisexual guys...it genuinely may just be me!).” She also mentions kissing girls in this blog post.

---

Great minds…
LOL yep, we were ON it 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
How can she in good conscience sell these, they're such poor quality
Anything she does is poor quality, if she had any conscience she'd get off the stage and go take some classes in acting, singing and dancing. 🤡🤡 And she'd gift that jewelry instead of charging for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
i am currently a manager at a charity shop and had the great honour today of putting carrie's autobiography (?) on sale for the grand old price of £1.50 - completely irrelevant but cheered me up a bit!

• Haha
Reactions: 63
View attachment 2346674
I would be so embarrassed to post this after the abundance of 1 and 2 star reviews.
OMG this woman has zero situational awareness. NONE. It's actually remarkable. That would be the last thing I'd post, but then again, anyone who would dare call her out would be gaslit or blocked, so I guess she has nothing to lose.
---
i am currently a manager at a charity shop and had the great honour today of putting carrie's autobiography (?) on sale for the grand old price of £1.50 - completely irrelevant but cheered me up a bit!
You'd have to pay ME to read it 😅

Reactions: 7
OMG this woman has zero situational awareness. NONE. It's actually remarkable. That would be the last thing I'd post, but then again, anyone who would dare call her out would be gaslit or blocked, so I guess she has nothing to lose.
---

You'd have to pay ME to read it 😅
I’m guessing a certain amount of social media is required in her contract? Or she’s trying to get seats sold so the tour isn’t cancelled? If I had a finsta, I’d definitely ask in her next Q&A how she handles bad reviews.

Reactions: 15

So I'm on GG trying to find any snippets (damn dead tinypic servers) but basically she was trying to justify her playing an LGBTQ character in 'But I'm a Cheerleader' by saying (I'm paraphrasing) 'I've kissed a girl once and have also found them attractive, so I'm part of the LGBT community - I guess you could say I'm heteroflexible'

Although in her blog post before that she says she's a privileged straight white female. People were rightly pissed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
So I'm on GG trying to find any snippets (damn dead tinypic servers) but basically she was trying to justify her playing an LGBTQ character in 'But I'm a Cheerleader' by saying (I'm paraphrasing) 'I've kissed a girl once and have also found them attractive, so I'm part of the LGBT community - I guess you could say I'm heteroflexible'

Although in her blog post before that she says she's a privileged straight white female. People were rightly pissed.
Oh absolutely rightly pissed, she was SO wrong for that.

Hello all! My fellow humans! I have 4 tubs of playdoh, a curious toddler, and a dream. Please let me debut my new earring collection. Yes, these WILL cost you money but I know you will buy them. You can see my toddler’s hand reaching for them, but I think a little bit of squishing adds character. Just gotta splash some gold nail polish on them and they’ll be done. ❤❤❤ I’m a triple threat, singing, The Face, and bespoke jewellery design 😍View attachment 2346480View attachment 2346481View attachment 2346482
Off topic but so impressed by your clean rug with a toddler 🤣 can't relate. I cackled at the earrings though- excellent job

• Heart

This was literally the reason I made an account on GG - it pissed me off so much. She said it when she played Graham from I'm a Cheerleader for a concert performance. It was in 2018. She didn't verbatim say that quote about kissing girls while drunk, but she said she no longer feels that the label "straight" is right for her and that she has found girls attractive in the past and has kissed girls sometimes.

What she said sounded to us queers who were on GG at the time like all the straight women who get drunk and kiss women on nights out. Like, that most likely makes her a straight woman (most straight women do that even if they have no interest in dating or sleeping with women, because most people are not bang on one end of the Kinsey scale - but if that's all it is and there's no interest in sleeping with/dating women, they're straight and not part of the LGBT community). She has never mentioned liking women or questioned her sexual orientation before she got challenged for playing a lesbian. I don't think she should have gotten flak for playing Graham in that concert - straights can play queers and queers can play straights (trans people should be played by trans people, though) - but making up a new sexual orientation just to "defend" herself was ludicrous.

She even changed a blog post where she had previously started a sentence with: "As a straight person". She has since changed the blog post back/removed the evidence that this ever happened - though there is still a comment about her calling herself heteroflexible under the blog post in question.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Did she ever apologise for saying all that? Or do I even need to ask that lol

Did she ever apologise for saying all that? Or do I even need to ask that lol
Haha, no, she never did. I hope some of her LGBT friends (like Rob or Scott or someone else?) corrected her, or that some of people's comments made her rethink, because a few months or years(?) later, she changed her wording to something a lot more palatable in that blog post so that it doesn't mention the "word" heteroflexible, but wonders aloud if what she is describing counts as being on the LGBT spectrum anywhere ("Now, I'm not gay. I’ve kissed/been attracted to few girls in my brief existence, so I’m not sure if or where I fall on the LGBT+ spectrum anywhere? So, i don’t have a coming out story and I can't imagine what that conversation is like."). http://www.carriehopefletcher.com/2018/03/when-i-am-parent-response-to-love-simon.html?m=1

Attaching screenshots of a great comment under the blog post. Calling her out for using heteroflexible in a really calm, clear, respectful way. The poor fan would probably still have been blocked if they'd commented that on Instagram, though

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Haha, no, she never did. I hope some of her LGBT friends (like Rob or Scott or someone else?) corrected her, or that some of people's comments made her rethink, because a few months or years(?) later, she changed her wording to something a lot more palatable in that blog post so that it doesn't mention the "word" heteroflexible, but wonders aloud if what she is describing counts as being on the LGBT spectrum anywhere ("Now, I'm not gay. I’ve kissed/been attracted to few girls in my brief existence, so I’m not sure if or where I fall on the LGBT+ spectrum anywhere? So, i don’t have a coming out story and I can't imagine what that conversation is like."). http://www.carriehopefletcher.com/2018/03/when-i-am-parent-response-to-love-simon.html?m=1

Attaching screenshots of a great comment under the blog post. Calling her out for using heteroflexible in a really calm, clear, respectful way. The poor fan would probably still have been blocked if they'd commented that on Instagram, though
The fan hit the nail on the head there. Great to see such a calm response, but like you say... definitely would be blocked.

Thanks all for providing clarification - I was googling "Carrie Hope Fletcher heteroflexible" to absolutely no avail! 😂

I still remember the sheer amount of anger I felt when she made that statement about being heteroflexible - I honestly don't remember when it was, but it might have been one of the first times I felt true rage over something she said because I knew it wasn't coming from a genuine place; just another attempt to be what she thought was "cool" smh.
Carrie is one of if not the biggest bandwagon jumper I've ever come across, it's just like her anxiety and whatever other bs she peddles.
Oh my god saaaaaaaame, I almost joined the forum over this at the time (had been a casual lurker for a while but this made me see red!) As an actual real-life bisexual I almost flipped a table. So tone-deaf.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Off topic but so impressed by your clean rug with a toddler 🤣 can't relate. I cackled at the earrings though- excellent job
hahaha thank you! I literally gave it a physical bath last week, I spent an hour just walking on it and getting the muck out 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.