Carrie Hope Fletcher #73 Bursting into Unwanted Musical Song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie Hope Fletcher #74 - Beggars at the feast, masters of France, life is easy when you're gifted every chance

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Love this .. but did you miss an opportunity to say STRANDED in France?? :p
Haha I did try it but was trying to stick as true to the original song lyrics as possible so people got it. But yeah stranded would work better for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Do you think they got a pre-nup? Although would they be pretty equal in their wealth? I don't know how much people in MT are paid but I would love to know if Carrie was able to pay for her house up front or if she has a mortgage! Or did Joel own a house that he essentially abandoned when he moved in with her?
I'm not sure what West End pay is like but I would guess that the majority of Carrie's financial security comes from her book deals and youtuber work rather than the MT stuff.

Reactions: 16
I'm not sure what West End pay is like but I would guess that the majority of Carrie's financial security comes from her book deals and youtuber work rather than the MT stuff.
However she puts little effort into YouTube these days and I don't think her books sell very well. Apart from the bits of promo she does they don't exactly get talked about by many book bloggers. Compare it to Richard Osman's novels which you can't escape noticing, hearing about and seeing people reading.

Reactions: 7
However she puts little effort into YouTube these days and I don't think her books sell very well. Apart from the bits of promo she does they don't exactly get talked about by many book bloggers. Compare it to Richard Osman's novels which you can't escape noticing, hearing about and seeing people reading.
Yes for sure! I should have worded it better. I think her initial book deals/payment from the publishers and earlier youtube success have led to her current financial security. Also probably Tom lol. She couldn't live the life she does on her MT/Panto income alone I don't think?

Reactions: 9
Yes for sure! I should have worded it better. I think her initial book deals/payment from the publishers and earlier youtube success have led to her current financial security. Also probably Tom lol. She couldn't live the life she does on her MT/Panto income alone I don't think?
Think she has a previous property that I'm sure it came out that Tom had bought for her, which she now rents out, so that will be a steady background income especially if it is all paid for and there's no mortgage payments coming off the rent.

She is not short of money (which makes the scrounging for doughnuts and makeup even more distasteful), that car she bought was not cheap. Wonder where it is now, she has not mentioned it for months. Probably sitting on the drive seizing up, she is "too anxious" to drive it.

Reactions: 21
Think she has a previous property that I'm sure it came out that Tom had bought for her, which she now rents out, so that will be a steady background income especially if it is all paid for and there's no mortgage payments coming off the rent.

She is not short of money (which makes the scrounging for doughnuts and makeup even more distasteful), that car she bought was not cheap. Wonder where it is now, she has not mentioned it for months. Probably sitting on the drive seizing up, she is "too anxious" to drive it.

Tom didn’t buy that flat, we’ve been through this threads ago (before joel was on the scene iirc). but you’re right she rents it out which will be a tasty income for her, her other jobs will supplement that as well.

Reactions: 13
Just curious: I'm not in the UK and had never heard of McFly until I found Carrie via YouTube. Did the band have any success outside the UK? Had a quick and dirty look on Wikipedia and only see UK charts, awards mentioned...

Reactions: 2
Just curious: I'm not in the UK and had never heard of McFly until I found Carrie via YouTube. Did the band have any success outside the UK? Had a quick and dirty look on Wikipedia and only see UK charts, awards mentioned...
Also not UK but i think they are quite big in Brazil, I think they recently did a show there or announced they will go there

Reactions: 7
I think they were mainly UK, but also have quite a big following in South America. The USA never really took off for them I don't think.

Reactions: 6
They have a large fan base in Brazil, but I believe McFly is mainly successful in the UK. In Germany at least, hardly anyone knows them 😅

Reactions: 10
They had the chance to make it big in America but didn't take it (hence the lyric "LA temptations")

They were in a movie with Lindsay Lohan which was released in the UK and US. It was played in Brazil a lot after school time which is where those fans come from

Mcfly were already huge in the UK at that point (on the cover of every teen magazine/top of the charts type of success.) Then their label decided to release a greatest hits album, which the band felt was the label trying to capitalise on the success and was too early on in their career to justify it. It felt like a joke to release a greatest hits album after only a couple albums. They parted ways with their label and did their own thing. By doing that they lost the chance of big label support behind making it big in the US, so it never happened. Their film with Lindsay Lohan was their way in and then there was plans to do more that never happened

Reactions: 18
Does anyone know if the sales for Carrie's children books are any good?

I have such a hard time believing she wrote them as she never ever mentioned anything about the writing process? I know, i know, nowadays she says she is not arrogant enough to share just any old tat 🙄 but i cannot imagine making a whole novel and never mentioning anything about it, with the social media presence she has, until it needs to be sold?

Reactions: 12
Does anyone know if the sales for Carrie's children books are any good?

I have such a hard time believing she wrote them as she never ever mentioned anything about the writing process? I know, i know, nowadays she says she is not arrogant enough to share just any old tat 🙄 but i cannot imagine making a whole novel and never mentioning anything about it, with the social media presence she has, until it needs to be sold?
Right? Wouldn’t it make more sense from a marketing perspective to trickle reviews over a longer period of time to keep it fresh in people’s minds? Rather than spamming all these “real reader reviews” at once and expecting people to buy it?

Reactions: 4
I think we all know she doesn’t actively write any of her books. Sure she’ll likely have meetings and influence on the story… but actually writing the books? Nope

Reactions: 12
going through the last pages of the thread and realizing how insane it is that she was never pushed to finish her education - just to have a back up, that's just common sense isn't it??? what did she even do all day until she got eponine? i feel like carrie could have benefitted MASSIVELY from the social aspects of university or drama school or whatever it could have been.

Reactions: 10
I think we all know she doesn’t actively write any of her books. Sure she’ll likely have meetings and influence on the story… but actually writing the books? Nope

oh she writes them - they’re written in exactly the style of her instagram captions (and they make just as much sense 🙄)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.