Carrie Hope Fletcher #73 Bursting into Unwanted Musical Song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When they (he...let's face it, it was all Joel) set up AllThingsMontague, I had a quick snoop at who they were following and it was nearly all Disney accounts, including Disney weddings and Disney babies. I go back and forth on believing Carrie when she said a Disney wedding wouldn't be her thing but I definitely think that's what Joel was after. Wonder what happened there.
If they ever have a kid it's going to have the worst Disney themed wardrobe we've ever seen.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Thing is, I don't think anyone would begrudge her for being honest for once and saying she's not over him.

It's very apparent she's only gone through all of this as a big duck you to Oliver. Whilst Oliver doesn't seem bothered, she still seems to keen to keep proving to everyone and herself that she's over him.

5 years is a long time. Of course it's going to sting and hurt. However, posting so publicly about it and always speaking ill of her exes, (apart from AD, he deserves it) just makes you wonder if she's actually the one at fault.

Would have had more respect for her if she'd stayed single and worked on herself for at least a year or so before moving another guy in and marrying them so quickly.

It's just sad. But as people have said, she's not a nice person so what comes around, goes around
She envisioned the rest of her life with Oliver. He didn’t envision the rest of his with her. I think that was the biggest blow to her ego, mixed with the flop of Cinders.

She literally can’t cope with someone dumping her, as she’s always been the one to sever ties.

Reactions: 28
So hen and stag do’s are archaic and icky but asking her parent’s permission (which AFAIK was traditionally done because women were the property of their father before they were married) is totally fine. Pick a lane Carrie.
Imagine getting engaged and you literally don’t get to tell anyone that you know, because your other half already told them before you even knew. I know people have different preferences, but I would’ve wanted to at least surprise one person with the news

Reactions: 18
When they (he...let's face it, it was all Joel) set up AllThingsMontague, I had a quick snoop at who they were following and it was nearly all Disney accounts, including Disney weddings and Disney babies. I go back and forth on believing Carrie when she said a Disney wedding wouldn't be her thing but I definitely think that's what Joel was after. Wonder what happened there.
Maybe Joel thought it was a given that they’d get it gifted or her family would pay for it. Given he doesn’t know the cost of hotels imagine his shock at finding out the cost of a Disney wedding.

I actually had a conversation with a Disney adult over the weekend and she kept saying how she was shocked at how cheap it was to travel in Europe. She did a private all inclusive tour which seemed an expensive choice, and travel is not “cheap” … turns out she was just comparing everything to Disney prices. Which made me think of the Joel Paris hotel fiasco … maybe their frame of reference was Disney?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think that Carrie was planning on a big fancy wedding all along but when it actually came to it, she realised that she doesn't have the means to go through with it. As in, not enough close friends to make it work and not look conspicuous.

Plus, I think it must be hard to not feel the pressure to deliver after Tom's massive, elaborate wedding. Maybe it's part of the case of not wanting to be the sibling who had the not-as-good wedding. I can imagine the family probably talk about Tom's wedding often 'Oh, remember the wedding, now that was a good day!' etc etc.
Just think of the speeches. They'd be so shallow and embarrassing because no one has known them long enough as a couple!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve been with my husband for 5 years (married for three, so I even had a pretty quick journey from meeting to marriage, but Carrie certainly beats me there). If my husband left me today, I cannot possibly imagine being in the right place to be engaged in just a few months. Even if it was the absolute perfect person for me, like designed in a factory specifically for me, I wouldn’t be able to just banish my husband from my head in that time. It would take a looooong time to stop having feelings for him. Especially if he started dating someone INCREDIBLY fit and good looking AND he gushed about her!
Of course Oli wasn’t her husband, but 5 years is a significant chunk of time. Most of her 20s. There is no way that she has the same level of feeling for Joel. There is definitely no way that she doesn’t still think about Oli every single day.

She posts about Joel in the same disinterested way that Oli posted about her 😂

Reactions: 39
She envisioned the rest of her life with Oliver. He didn’t envision the rest of his with her. I think that was the biggest blow to her ego, mixed with the flop of Cinders.

She literally can’t cope with someone dumping her, as she’s always been the one to sever ties.
It's sad that as dem evil meanie haterzzz we could see what was so obvious and she couldn't. Like I remember years ago someone on a livestream jokingly said marry me and Carrie went "I have a boyfriend and I'm hoping he will propose." Few days later Oliver posts a vlog and mentions in it he never wants to get married

• Wow
Reactions: 24

She was still moaning about the breakup a few days/around the time of her wedding. Feb 12th I think I saw. Like, you know you're about to get married to the supposed 'love of your life' and you're STILL talking about how 'this time last year' you were a mess? Girl.

Reactions: 29
It's sad that as dem evil meanie haterzzz we could see what was so obvious and she couldn't. Like I remember years ago someone on a livestream jokingly said marry me and Carrie went "I have a boyfriend and I'm hoping he will propose." Few days later Oliver posts a vlog and mentions in it he never wants to get married
Either Carrie had her blinders on and refused to see that Oliver didn’t want marriage, or she thought she could change him.

It’s clear that Oli and Alessia are very happy taking it slow and enjoying each others company. As she isn’t making pose for mermaid portraits or or doing a spread as a “West End Power Couple.” He was so out of Carrie’s league by the time the relationship ended.

I’m not even sure they were friends!
This, I don't ignore my friends' DMs, and she did that for years. 😹😹😹😹
He was like the guy we all have in our DMs message requests that is too pathetic to even consider. Except she not only replied and went out with him, she married him. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 19
He was like the guy we all have in our DMs message requests that is too pathetic to even consider. Except she not only replied and went out with him, she married him. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Quite honestly, there are still moments when I read this and can hardly believe it. bleeping hell.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Thing is, I don't think anyone would begrudge her for being honest for once and saying she's not over him.

It's very apparent she's only gone through all of this as a big duck you to Oliver. Whilst Oliver doesn't seem bothered, she still seems to keen to keep proving to everyone and herself that she's over him.

5 years is a long time. Of course it's going to sting and hurt. However, posting so publicly about it and always speaking ill of her exes, (apart from AD, he deserves it) just makes you wonder if she's actually the one at fault.

Would have had more respect for her if she'd stayed single and worked on herself for at least a year or so before moving another guy in and marrying them so quickly.

It's just sad. But as people have said, she's not a nice person so what comes around, goes around
I absolutely agree! I certainly would have understood if she'd just come out and said, "Guys, I am really struggling with this breakup." I'd have respected that for sure, and I'm sure a lot of people have gone through breakups like that and would offer support. I did, I was with my ex for 7 1/2 years, and he cheated on me and dumped me. And that wasnt even the worst of wjat he did, but I didn't even date for a year so I could get my head on straight and get over feeling so awful about myself. There is no way I'd have jumped into another relationship, that was the last thing I wanted or needed, but she can't not have a boyfriend or husband so this is what happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Maybe Joel thought it was a given that they’d get it gifted or her family would pay for it. Given he doesn’t know the cost of hotels imagine his shock at finding out the cost of a Disney wedding.

I actually had a conversation with a Disney adult over the weekend and she kept saying how she was shocked at how cheap it was to travel in Europe. She did a private all inclusive tour which seemed an expensive choice, and travel is not “cheap” … turns out she was just comparing everything to Disney prices. Which made me think of the Joel Paris hotel fiasco … maybe their frame of reference was Disney?
It makes me wonder if the eloping thing was Carrie’s solution to avoiding planning a wedding with Joel. This is the man who got engagement pumpkins for crying out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
How is it "eloping" if you book it three months ahead and tell everyone about it?

Surely it's now just "getting married elsewhere than my local church/registry office"

Should have gone to Vegas and got married there if they wanted something quick and different!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
How is it "eloping" if you book it three months ahead and tell everyone about it?

Surely it's now just "getting married elsewhere than my local church/registry office"

Should have gone to Vegas and got married there if they wanted something quick and different!
'BuT eVeRyOnE gEtS mArRiEd In VeGaS' (is what they would definitely say to that). Gretna Green literally has the name 'marriage capital of the UK' so they're not quirky or different lol. If anything it proves they're the laziest, bandwagon-y couple

• Haha
pretty sure eloping now just means getting married far(ish) away without anyone you know present. one of my friends actually did the same thing as carrie and joel at gretna green, they say eloped too.

Reactions: 14
Vegas would be so much more fun than a dreary weekday in February in grey and drizzly Scotland with cheese and onion sandwiches afterwards! (No offence to any Scottish person here - my grandad was Scottish!).

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Vegas would be so much more fun than a dreary weekday in February in grey and drizzly Scotland with cheese and onion sandwiches afterwards! (No offence to any Scottish person here - my grandad was Scottish!).
I’m Scottish.

I take no offence.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It's not even like they went to somewhere majestic and moody where the drizzle could be part of the atmosphere like Glencoe or the Highlands. They had to go for the most boring and commercial option 🙄
At least duck off to Orkney and get married in a stone circle or something.

• Haha
Just putting this back out there but their witnesses were two random people off the street. I feel that says a lot as well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.