Carrie Hope Fletcher #73 Bursting into Unwanted Musical Song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Joel posted a ‘Memory’ post about their engagement

1) It wasn’t even a year ago surely

2) This is the one exciting thing to ever happen to him and he’s going to dine out on it forever

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Still can't get over how he proposed looking like Tintin

'I can't explain how much her brother her money her connections her status her desperation she means to me'

Also, why is she letting Joel randomly post it on his tiktok? Is this her way of trying to prove to us meaniez that she's not in it for the money or attention?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Still can't get over how he proposed looking like Tintin

'I can't explain how much her brother her money her connections her status her desperation she means to me'

Also, why is she letting Joel randomly post it on his tiktok? Is this her way of trying to prove to us meaniez that she's not in it for the money or attention?
Don’t bring Tintin into this mess, he was my childhood crush, especially in the Spielberg film

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Surely it’d make more sense to propose at a place that means something to her, rather than his work place??

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Just got back from seeing Frozen this evening - Oliver is clearly thriving now, last saw him in Book of Mormon and he's a lot stronger now - even if his American accent sounds like a danganronpa character or a bad anime dub.

Was thinking about the reviews on Joel's voice - from the few that said it was good, he'd maybe fit Olaf quite well. If he's capable enough to hold a tune AND move a puppet around, instead of walk slowly on stage for 15 minutes...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That MIGHT have been cute if they'd been dating for a longer time... but I cannot get over the fact that this was literal months after they went on their first date. It wasn't places that they'd made memories together, it was places she's worked in... I'm sorry but how sad is that? I know theatre is different and Carrie has done nothing else with her life, but if my bf took me to all the places I'd worked and then proposed at his current job I'd be so offended that he didn't know me better than that. Anyone who has followed Carrie's career could've planned that, it's not particularly special. But it IS all about Carrie (until the end I guess) which is what she would've wanted so idk

Reactions: 46
That MIGHT have been cute if they'd been dating for a longer time... but I cannot get over the fact that this was literal months after they went on their first date. It wasn't places that they'd made memories together, it was places she's worked in... I'm sorry but how sad is that? I know theatre is different and Carrie has done nothing else with her life, but if my bf took me to all the places I'd worked and then proposed at his current job I'd be so offended that he didn't know me better than that. Anyone who has followed Carrie's career could've planned that, it's not particularly special. But it IS all about Carrie (until the end I guess) which is what she would've wanted so idk
Nothing says romance like 'here's a place you worked for a bit when you were 12 and barely remember much of'.

Why not the theatre where they met or reconciled? First date?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
This is giving the same insincere vibe as the fake humble ‘hands on chest gesture’ she was peddling out at every curtain call for her tour. Especially as she said herself she had kinda figured out he was going to propose and had tried to sabotage it.

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1306.jpeg

Eta - the fact she knew and still thought that outfit was a good choice. It looks like the old, oversized shirts our art teacher used to give us to wear in high school for painting.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
So his post has gathered a whopping 2.5K in two hours. I’m guessing not exactly the trajectory to the blue tock he was expecting.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Good grief, I don't think I've ever really taken into account how sad that proposal was. I am not denying the effort Joel put into it, but I just do not understand the thought process of places of work equal romance? If you had met and performed in a theatre together, maybe, yes. But those places are pertinent to the individual, not you as a couple. So very, very strange.

Also - when they come into the room where the family and friends are waiting, and he goes to hug and kiss her.....oof. I just - I don't see anything. And I get that we only see snippets of their lives, but honestly, I have more chemistry with a fish finger bap.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
God that reel was just so unremarkable? So he didn’t take her to the places on the theatre ‘tour’? It just finished at his work? Plus everyone else’s comments are bang on, it seems like it was all about her rather than them as a couple. Even the clip at the end Joel stands aside somewhat. It’s just… somehow even more bizarre now than it was when we didn’t know anything

Reactions: 27
Good grief, I don't think I've ever really taken into account how sad that proposal was. I am not denying the effort Joel put into it, but I just do not understand the thought process of places of work equal romance? If you had met and performed in a theatre together, maybe, yes. But those places are pertinent to the individual, not you as a couple. So very, very strange.

Also - when they come into the room where the family and friends are waiting, and he goes to hug and kiss her.....oof. I just - I don't see anything. And I get that we only see snippets of their lives, but honestly, I have more chemistry with a fish finger bap.
And these are the snippets they choose to share! Assumably because they think it shows them in the best light.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That’s the other thing that baffles me, why would you want the names of two randos you’ll never see again on your marriage certificate, when you both have such close families and friends? I get it when people don’t have/aren’t close to their relatives, or are genuinely just the type for a whirlwind romance, but whirlwind Carrie is not
I thought this too! I am getting married in November next year and we have asked our Mum's to do the witnessing as a way of honoring them and including them in a special way - I couldn't fathom two randos doing it, so weird to me!
---
Still can't won't say his name.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
God that reel was just so unremarkable? So he didn’t take her to the places on the theatre ‘tour’? It just finished at his work? Plus everyone else’s comments are bang on, it seems like it was all about her rather than them as a couple. Even the clip at the end Joel stands aside somewhat. It’s just… somehow even more bizarre now than it was when we didn’t know anything
It seems not, in the bit where it switches to him on the proposal day sitting in the dressing room of the Victoria Palace, he mentions that "she will be here in an hour". Like she was just coming over when she finished her shopping or something. So I have no idea what the inclusion of the photos of the theatres was about. Or why in the text he thanks all the theatres that helped make it happen. What, by having a building on the street that he was able to get a photo of the outside of? I'm not sure how else the other theatres helped. Either there's a load of info about the inclusion of the other theatres that was missing, or it all just makes no sense.

Or did he send her to the first theatre and then they gave her a card that said "now go over to this other theatre" or some sort of trail around London like that, I don't know. Sounds tedious to me. And presumptious that the trail ends at HIS theatre, rather than one that would mean more to her?

Obviously the Victoria Palace theatre helped, because it was their dressing room and the Hamilton stage that he was on, and presumably that was one of their many function rooms that they were in as well.

I don't get their excitement over the Theatre Cafe either!

Reactions: 15
(More than) half the time their relationship and marriage seems like a business arrangement. Carrie never refers to Joel as her husband* and keeps her social media mostly clear of any kind of enduring romantic connection (easier to scrub at a later date?!). Even the latest Q&A answer was 'when I eventually have children' not 'we'.

*Apologies we've just had a mention of husband in the comments! Possibly the first?!

I have a silly theory they (or Joel) contacted Hello! trying to monetise their wedding. Hello! already had enough content and zeleb weddings scheduled for peak spring/summer/autumn but could schedule them for a random February issue at short notice. Maybe some other content had fallen through or been rescheduled for later in the year and they had a vacancy 😁
Their Gretna wedding seemed like a afterthought with the magazine payment in mind!

That said I don't know why they didn't at least book accommodation somewhere cosy and romantic in Dumfries and Galloway or the Lake District (both very accessible from Gretna). Did they literally stay in the Travelodge or similar on their wedding night? Premium cottage-y/lodge style accommodation with a woodburning stove/real fire, gorgeous furnishings and beautiful views would've served as a much nicer backdrop for their magazine photoshoot nevermind their actual wedding memories! Why wouldn't you make a low key wedding as nice as you possibly could if you had the resources?

Did they even take much time off work for the wedding? They seemed to be up and back within the space of a weekend. I know holiday allowances are tight but you'd have thought they could've prioritized leave for their *wedding* over one of their many spring/summer holidays 🤔

Reactions: 21
Let's also not forget how Carrie proudly bragged that she knew about Joel's intentions and did everything to sabotage his proposal. Go and be a POS if you want but don't pretend you're plunged in the submarine of love or whatever awful metaphor after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.