Carrie Hope Fletcher #73 Bursting into Unwanted Musical Song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i could imagine her wanting to plan a big wedding (she strikes me as the type who's been imagining her wedding day forever - no judgement there!) but then quickly realised that she'd really have to think about things? as in, realise what she's doing. if she just booked a date a few weeks in advance and had a very short, quiet wedding day with no one there to really witness it, she could just push it out of her mind leading up to it. i guess her weird obsession with being married by 30 was stronger than any of her doubts anyways.

Reactions: 21
Just putting this back out there but their witnesses were two random people off the street. I feel that says a lot as well.
kick in the teeth for Scott - when she is going through a break up it’s him she calls and goes to for her break down, it’s him she sends crying selfies tooo, but for her actual wedding where I’m sure he’d loved to share in her ‘joy’, he’s dust to her?

Reactions: 22
Just putting this back out there but their witnesses were two random people off the street. I feel that says a lot as well.
Very true. Do we know if Scott knew?I can't remember, but if he didn't, that would be game over for me. The only reason to keep it from him in particular would be knowing he'd try to talk her out of it.

Reactions: 14
Very true. Do we know if Scott knew?I can't remember, but if he didn't, that would be game over for me. The only reason to keep it from him in particular would be knowing he'd try to talk her out of it.
kick in the teeth for Scott - when she is going through a break up it’s him she calls and goes to for her break down, it’s him she sends crying selfies tooo, but for her actual wedding where I’m sure he’d loved to share in her ‘joy’, he’s dust to her?
I would hope for his sake he was either told before the family were told, or when they were told (rather than being lugged in with friends being told after they got married). Imagine being one of the few constants of someone's life- living with them for years, being the person they share everything with, someone she called a soulmate (and has yet to call her husband that I think), someone who helped design the engagement ring and just being a really tolerable person; only to be excluded from such a huge milestone.

Reactions: 17
I think the thing is - generally, someone that makes it VERY clear they want to get married, and definitely by 30, blah blah blah - generally these are not the people that elope/do Gretna. They might do a small wedding, but it's definitely not a two randos off the street followed by stinky sandwiches in the canteen scenario. Who dreams of getting married for decades and dreams that?! Come the duck on. People that say they really want to get married tend to go full out - I'm not saying she had to have a cathedral wedding with 500 guests, just that her version of life she wanted does not seem to tie in with what she has ended up doing; or rather, what she has ended up doing but she is ADAMANT she always wanted. I do not for one second believe if Oli had proposed she would have said, "let's nip up to Gretna". I think that's why everything she says at the moment just feels like *such* bollocks.

Oh, and having been - Vegas is definitely more "something", but....oof, does it feel trashy. I mean, no offence if that's the vibe you want, but when I went I really did understand how Britney ended up marrying that guy for 2 days. It's *exactly* that kind of place 😂

Reactions: 27
Maybe she had a whole idea/plan, but because it was (probably) based on marrying Oli, she felt like she couldn't do any of it because it was too painful of a reminder that he didn't want her anymore?

I don't understand why she couldn't plan another one though? I get it's stressful, but she has money to pay someone to plan one for her - or I dunno, take time in your engagement? I don't want a big fancy wedding but even I would want to put effort into a smaller do than what the Montagews did.

Reactions: 20
Maybe she had a whole idea/plan, but because it was (probably) based on marrying Oli, she felt like she couldn't do any of it because it was too painful of a reminder that he didn't want her anymore?

I don't understand why she couldn't plan another one though? I get it's stressful, but she has money to pay someone to plan one for her - or I dunno, take time in your engagement? I don't want a big fancy wedding but even I would want to put effort into a smaller do than what the Montagews did.
I could believe that, and I can completely understand the idea of being heartbroken and wanting to do the complete opposite of what you originally planned or had hoped for - it would be a bit weird to just change the groom in your plan, wouldn't it 😂

I know people who were dumped *days* before they were due to get married, and where relationships broke down a few months away from getting hitched. They have all gone on to get married - definitely differently to their original plans, but not a single bleeping one had sad sandwiches and no guests 🤷🏼‍♀️ I didn't want a big wedding and neither did my husband, but it's entirely possible for your wedding not to feel performative (ugh) but still be about you *and* your loved ones...

Reactions: 19
With the current 'cakegate' in the news I couldn't help think of our own beggars at the feast. I'd love one of them to get caught like this

Reactions: 8
I've just started reading a new book and read this passage:

If it were up to me, I’d never get married at all. I have no desire to tie myself down with archaic contracts, and I most certainly don’t want or need anyone invading my personal space until my dying day. I can’t imagine anything worse.
Reminded me of what Carrie said about hen/stag do's being icky and archaic.

So the party is archaic but signing a martial contract with an almost stranger is fine? Carrie you do realise that he now owns half your house* etc.

*I'm not in the UK so law might be different? But pretty sure if they divorce he can claim half?

Reactions: 11
When did she post the wedding planning picture?
I reckon she wanted a big wedding but nowhere had availability for a while so went with the quick option.

Reactions: 2
Carrie you do realise that he now owns half your house* etc.

*I'm not in the UK so law might be different? But pretty sure if they divorce he can claim half?
I think he can if that's considered the marital home, since they both reside there. Not in the UK either but doing some googling.

---
When did she post the wedding planning picture?
I reckon she wanted a big wedding but nowhere had availability for a while so went with the quick option.
Honestly, if you want to have your favourite people to your wedding and cannot wait 1-2 years or more for a venue, a backyard wedding is better than Gretna Green and cheese and onion sandwiches in the canteen.

She eloped because she didn't want to give anyone the chance to change her mind and make her realise there's no valid reason to rush so much into this with a stranger. Everything else she's saying is lies. The pathetic part is that I'm not even sure she's lying to others, more to herself to sleep better at night and live with her choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
The wedding planner book, save the date message for Tom and speaking of choosing a date. Then all of a sudden they chose the date in November to go Gretna? It seems she was planning a wedding at least for a minute and then just abandoned it all and eloped?

What changed?

Carrie can we have an exact timeline of events in the next Q and A please
I wonder if family started saying it’s a bit soon, isn’t it, dear, and then she probably couldn’t get the freebies she wanted so had a huff and eloped. Still, she managed to book Hello Magazine though…. I mean, seriously, why did they think general readers of Hello magazine would know who they are?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I wonder if family started saying it’s a bit soon, isn’t it, dear, and then she probably couldn’t get the freebies she wanted so had a huff and eloped. Still, she managed to book Hello Magazine though…. I mean, seriously, why did they think general readers of Hello magazine would know who they are?!
I genuinely didn’t even think Tom had the name recognition himself let alone his sister. Unless you liked McFly, I didn’t think anyone would know him so I’ve always doubted how famous even HE was

Reactions: 15
I've just started reading a new book and read this passage:

Reminded me of what Carrie said about hen/stag do's being icky and archaic.

So the party is archaic but signing a martial contract with an almost stranger is fine? Carrie you do realise that he now owns half your house* etc.

Do you think they got a pre-nup? Although would they be pretty equal in their wealth? I don't know how much people in MT are paid but I would love to know if Carrie was able to pay for her house up front or if she has a mortgage! Or did Joel own a house that he essentially abandoned when he moved in with her?

Joel's always come across as a jobbing actor. He hasn't had that many roles, and they've been supporting. He also had to deliver parcels during covid, i doubt hed have done that if he was mortgage or rent free and had savings. Carrie just sat on her arse.
---
This just in: the dildo books are back

View attachment 2346112
I'd be embarrassed if I tried to sell those.

Reactions: 17
Do you think they got a pre-nup? Although would they be pretty equal in their wealth? I don't know how much people in MT are paid but I would love to know if Carrie was able to pay for her house up front or if she has a mortgage! Or did Joel own a house that he essentially abandoned when he moved in with her?
We don’t have legally enforceable pre nups in the UK. The most a court can do is take it into account, but it’s essentially meaningless. In Scotland at least, you can have a Minute of Agreement which my husband and I did ahead of our marriage owing to substantially differing financials coming into the marriage.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.