Carrie Hope Fletcher #73 Bursting into Unwanted Musical Song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So there were just six months between their first date and them booking their wedding. It could be seen as romantic if Carrie was pushing the narrative of ‘we fell so insanely in love that we just couldn’t wait and wanted a whirlwind elopement’ but she has very actively been stating how there were zero butterflies or giddiness, just immediate ‘simplicity’, which makes it all just seem so pathetic. I cannot get over being supposedly plunged into happiness which just translated to feeling immediately settled?? And THAT’S why you decided to get married?? It’s honestly the saddest thing I’ve ever heard

• Haha
Reactions: 52
She basically married a friend to have one up on ollie. Sad, sad life.

Reactions: 43
When did she post the story from backstage in panto where she had a wedding planner book? It seems like it would have been around the time they booked Gretna. Was there just one page that said "CHEESE AND ONION SANDWICHES"?

• Haha
Reactions: 59
The wedding planner book, save the date message for Tom and speaking of choosing a date. Then all of a sudden they chose the date in November to go Gretna? It seems she was planning a wedding at least for a minute and then just abandoned it all and eloped?

What changed?

Carrie can we have an exact timeline of events in the next Q and A please

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Has Carrie ever said she auditioned for drama school? I know she makes a big song and dance about never going to one, but do we know if she at least tried to get in? Cause I feel that changes the narrative somewhat. Not going, and not getting in, are two different stories.

Reactions: 7
This will be covered in the next Instagram q&a 🤣
In a passive aggressive way

“Erm I find it SO WEIRD people keep track of stuff I said?? Why are people so INTERESTED in my marriage? It’s private between me and J…my husband. Anyway this was for a PARTY. I’d ALWAYS planned on eloping and when I said I wanted a big wedding at 18/23/25 I was but a CHILD. <3 :) Xxxxxxx
---
She basically married a friend to have one up on ollie. Sad, sad life.
And even then it was more like an acquaintance 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It's just the lecturing tone that gets me, like she is now the go-to authority on all things matrimonial, and there can't be any other answers or possibilities, what she says/shouts is the only answer?

She's been married once (thankfully), for about five minutes, to someone she claims to have known for ten years but only went out with about three minutes before booking Gretna. Where is the humility, why not say "dunno, I'm new at this too, I'm still working things out myself".

1690977633615.png

Reactions: 15
The wedding planner book, save the date message for Tom and speaking of choosing a date. Then all of a sudden they chose the date in November to go Gretna? It seems she was planning a wedding at least for a minute and then just abandoned it all and eloped?

What changed?

Carrie can we have an exact timeline of events in the next Q and A please
I think that Carrie was planning on a big fancy wedding all along but when it actually came to it, she realised that she doesn't have the means to go through with it. As in, not enough close friends to make it work and not look conspicuous.

Plus, I think it must be hard to not feel the pressure to deliver after Tom's massive, elaborate wedding. Maybe it's part of the case of not wanting to be the sibling who had the not-as-good wedding. I can imagine the family probably talk about Tom's wedding often 'Oh, remember the wedding, now that was a good day!' etc etc.

Reactions: 19
Just a step back to Carrie not doing any sort of job before she got Eponine...

I come from quite a privileged background, I never deny it and always very aware of my privilege (take note, Caz)

HOWEVER. My parents did not have this when they were growing up. Therefore, we were always told we had to appreciate what we had and if we wanted something, we had to work for it.

I had my first job interview a week after I left school. Had a full time job at 17 and now I'm in my early thirties (not much older than Carrie) I am grateful for being pushed to get a job and work hard. Don't get me wrong, it's been hard and continues to be hard but I was never given the option to sit back and take it easy. Because I was always told, that's not how the world is.

I genuinely don't understand why Carrie was allowed to not work for that long. Either she refused to despite parent pushing or they just let her. It's not great that she literally has zero skills beyond her theatre stuff. You could argue that perhaps she doesn't need them but I think it really, really shows that she's not relatable. She tried to romanticise working at a café once and it made me so angry. It's a hard job and she doesn't understand that at all.

Like she could have quite easily gone to drama school during that period and maybe got a job on the side too.

I think she would be far more humble and down to earth if she had done these things.
---
Also I seem to recall at one point, she said in a video, that she felt she had missed out not going to drama school. Can't remember when that was but be interesting to see what she'd say now...

Reactions: 17
I think that Carrie was planning on a big fancy wedding all along but when it actually came to it, she realised that she doesn't have the means to go through with it. As in, not enough close friends to make it work and not look conspicuous.

Plus, I think it must be hard to not feel the pressure to deliver after Tom's massive, elaborate wedding. Maybe it's part of the case of not wanting to be the sibling who had the not-as-good wedding. I can imagine the family probably talk about Tom's wedding often 'Oh, remember the wedding, now that was a good day!' etc etc.
I think this too, especially after now seeing the depressing Hag Do, she started planning and realised it would look sad and empty especially after "80% of their friendship group is the same" and they could only muster 7 people

Reactions: 19
I think this too, especially after now seeing the depressing Hag Do, she started planning and realised it would look sad and empty especially after "80% of their friendship group is the same" and they could only muster 7 people
Yep. I totally understand that if all of your friends work in musical theatre it must be a nightmare trying to organise any big event with everyone's schedules. BUT I think in Carrie's case because most of the people she knows are only acquaintances/work colleagues the connection just isn't strong enough for them to commit that time.

Reactions: 12
So there were just six months between their first date and them booking their wedding. It could be seen as romantic if Carrie was pushing the narrative of ‘we fell so insanely in love that we just couldn’t wait and wanted a whirlwind elopement’ but she has very actively been stating how there were zero butterflies or giddiness, just immediate ‘simplicity’, which makes it all just seem so pathetic. I cannot get over being supposedly plunged into happiness which just translated to feeling immediately settled?? And THAT’S why you decided to get married?? It’s honestly the saddest thing I’ve ever heard
It's all so ridiculous. Getting engaged fast happens, i get it - ive talked about my own situation so i won't rehash it, but my feelings about C & J moving too fast stem from the fact that not only was she not over Oliver when they met, got engaged, and got married, she STILL isn't over him, regardless of her bs about being plunged into happiness.She looks miserable/squicked out in every photo with her husband, whose name she still never says? Idk, I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn’t so nasty, but at this point, it just feels like she is getting everything she deserves.

Reactions: 15
Thing is, I don't think anyone would begrudge her for being honest for once and saying she's not over him.

It's very apparent she's only gone through all of this as a big duck you to Oliver. Whilst Oliver doesn't seem bothered, she still seems to keen to keep proving to everyone and herself that she's over him.

5 years is a long time. Of course it's going to sting and hurt. However, posting so publicly about it and always speaking ill of her exes, (apart from AD, he deserves it) just makes you wonder if she's actually the one at fault.

Would have had more respect for her if she'd stayed single and worked on herself for at least a year or so before moving another guy in and marrying them so quickly.

It's just sad. But as people have said, she's not a nice person so what comes around, goes around

Reactions: 21
I find it very strange how she reframes herself or adapts a narrative to suit the current version of herself. Considering all the stuff she has shared over the years, never not *once* has she implied she wanted to elope, or that that was the only way she saw herself getting married. But now that is her story, suddenly it was always how she was going to get married, and how utterly ridiculous it is that anyone thought otherwise. I have had friends do this - every new boyfriend is ten times better than the one before, the sex with this one is just next level epic etc - but it just makes you question if they actually know what the truth is for themselves, and that they just rewrite their requirements/needs based on what their situation is at that time. It's very strange.

Also, Carrie, stop being so bleeping rude to your followers! They are asking questions because you asked them to - stop being so sodding sharp, use your words (nicely!)

• Sick
Reactions: 43
I'm more surprised they didn't wait any have a Disney wedding. With the Fletchers - party of 7, Scott, Joel's parents and maybe 2-4 others from his side to even it up (really I think Carrie would prefer just the Fletchers and maybe Joel's parents 😁).
I'm not sure any of their 'friends' would want to pay to attend, travel that distance or have the availability from their respective shows.

I appreciate Disney weddings probably have a long waiting list but Gi and Tom have their Disney Influencer connections, they could surely pull some strings for a small, intimate Disney wedding. That way it would've been different enough from Tom and Gi's wedding, overseas (probably Florida), right on theme for Carrie and Joel and they would've got the Hello! spread especially with Tom and Gi part of it. A wedding planner too as part of the package so Carrie wouldn't have had to lift a finger.

I can't really imagine Carrie wanting to combine the Fletchers, Scott and the Montagues for the rest of the WDW holiday (honeymoon lol) but if Joel's side had at least 4-6 people they could do their own thing and the two families, bride and groom meet up for dinner etc or spend alternate days with each family 😂. It's hard work going round the parks in a big group anyway.

Of course they'd have to have another honeymoon a few months later as that one wouldn't have counted 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm more surprised they didn't wait any have a Disney wedding. With the Fletchers - party of 7, Scott, Joel's parents and maybe 2-4 others from his side to even it up (really I think Carrie would prefer just the Fletchers and maybe Joel's parents 😁).
I'm not sure any of their 'friends' would want to pay to attend, travel that distance or have the availability from their respective shows.

I appreciate Disney weddings probably have a long waiting list but Gi and Tom have their Disney Influencer connections, they could surely pull some strings for a small, intimate Disney wedding. That way it would've been different enough from Tom and Gi's wedding, overseas (probably Florida), right on theme for Carrie and Joel and they would've got the Hello! spread especially with Tom and Gi part of it. A wedding planner too as part of the package so Carrie wouldn't have had to lift a finger.

I can't really imagine Carrie wanting to combine the Fletchers, Scott and the Montagues for the rest of the WDW holiday (honeymoon lol) but if Joel's side had at least 4-6 people they could do their own thing and the two families, bride and groom meet up for dinner etc or spend alternate days with each family 😂. It's hard work going round the parks in a big group anyway.

Of course they'd have to have another honeymoon a few months later as that one wouldn't have counted 😁
When they (he...let's face it, it was all Joel) set up AllThingsMontague, I had a quick snoop at who they were following and it was nearly all Disney accounts, including Disney weddings and Disney babies. I go back and forth on believing Carrie when she said a Disney wedding wouldn't be her thing but I definitely think that's what Joel was after. Wonder what happened there.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The thread title makes me giggle every time I read it. I'm imagining Carrie bursting into song irl all the time and everyone around her going "Ugh not again" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.