Carrie Hope Fletcher #62 West End Star Oliver Ormson's Ex

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ripped tights and old dress thing is such performative poverty and it's frankly insulting. Miss Posh can get away with saying something like that because of her class status and privilege. Imagine the looks and comments a working class person would get if they turned up to work in ripped tights. Shove off scammy you rich cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Her attitude is why she will never grow her fanbase. She will always have her hard-core slightly crazy fans who worship her (and probably lap up her not like other girls act), but to appeal to a wider adult audience she would need to ahcnage her attitude,behaviour and look. This is why she hasn't expanded beyond those very specific angst type of roles and hadn't sold much of her concert around the country.

She isn't a name Outside her very specific bubble

Reactions: 25
Does she though 🤔
She’s certainly not my cup of tea. A bit frumpy and mumsie and I loathe how she styles her hair.

But I think structurally her face is attractive.

Joel is just classically ugly.

Even if Carrie is not my preference. I can certainly see that Joel would be deemed least attractive out of the two by most?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Last time I went to a show/concert, most of the audience were dressed up nice because they were out with friends/family to have a good time. Does she think her audience are going to turn up in pyjamas?
Yeah for most people a night at the theatre/a show is an expensive night out and people like to make an effort (that’s my experience anyways)

Reactions: 11
Oh Carrie. So many thoughts in your little head, and none of them are truly smart.

You know, someone like Adele is - despite being a worldwide mega star - still considered to be pretty down to earth. Imagine her appearing on stage in Vegas in ripped tights and a cheap dress so other women don't feel threatened by her?? Because that's what all this is about with Carrie: she thinks other women are so intimidated by her beauty, her wealth, her status as a married woman, that she needs to dress down for her own concerts. So nobody is jealous. Honestly, she would have SO benefited from having female friendships in her life. And no Carrie, not going to uni has nothing to do with you not having female friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She’s married ?!??! I didn’t read her thread for a few weeks and she’s married yikes 🙈🙈🤣

As you were

• Haha
Reactions: 51
The ripped tights and old dress thing is such performative poverty and it's frankly insulting. Miss Posh can get away with saying something like that because of her class status and privilege. Imagine the looks and comments a working class person would get if they turned up to work in ripped tights. Shove off scammy you rich cow.
'BuT mY dAd WoRkEd In A kOdAk FaCtOrY'

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Those mad about the ripped tights, please remember that tights are like £6 now and she’s just a working class girl trying to make it in this world! Do better and stand down!

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I really want stand down to be in a thread title at some point! I would say I can’t believe Carrie has the nerve to say she basically isn’t going to make an effort for people paying money to go and see her perform but actually I can believe it - she is so self centred she can’t see from the outside perspective. Why wouldn’t you want a tour outfit/costume? Would help with the whole ‘I don’t like performing as me, don’t look at little old me while im singing’ problem she wants to perpetuate.

Reactions: 17

This was the link to the interview by the way, in case anyone wants to check it out. Lots of 'I feel uncomfortable being me' yada yada

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is the woman who wears £150 Diptyque and you're telling me she can't treat herself to a pair of new tights for a multi stop tour?
You've made a point here. It really speaks volumes that she can buy a £200 gown (or pyjamas I can't remember what it was) to go around her house, but she chooses to wear torn clothes to perform. This is not quirkyness, this is just plain disrespect for her fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
she can buy a £200 gown (or pyjamas I can't remember what it was)
I think it was a coat, but it does look like a robe. 😹😹

She never gave a tit about her fans and has always been disrespectful. The only fans left are either people whose brain cells are not working or really young impressionable people that will fall for her big sister act. The last ones are the ones I'm worried about since they can actually look up to her and she's a poor example to follow in all possible aspects of life (work, health, relationships, fashion, you name it).

• Haha
Reactions: 17

This was the link to the interview by the way, in case anyone wants to check it out. Lots of 'I feel uncomfortable being me' yada yada
She talks as simply as she ‘writes’
How many times did she use the term ‘park and bark’ 😂
She thinks she’s being inventive saying she will talk inbetween so it’s not just ‘park and bark’ but global superstars Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand, Idina Menzel all follow the same format chatting between numbers but sing the hell out of the songs.

and if she has ‘imposter syndrome’ it’s partly to do with lack of training plus a famous brother. Her career is nothing to do with luck. She’s of average talent and doors were opened because of her connection.

Reactions: 21
For fucks sake Carrie. Grief Tourism. Could just say “RIP Paul OGrady- he was such a kind and funny man. Thoughts with his family”
---
It’s like she’s tying to pull a Sarah Millican without having half the talent of Sarah! (If you have not heard of her, Millican is a comedian.) Sarah gets her dresses from some upper end high street shops- there’s a phase 8 dress in my wardrobe that I’ve seen Sarah wear on tv- but then also wears slippers with the dresses when she’s on tour. She stands the whole time so I understand the want to wear a nice outfit with comfy shoes.
Sarah’s outfits can be a bit hit or miss but generally she looks lovely and knows how to style her body- Carrie looks like a child that’s gotten in to a dressing up box and just mix and matches everything… tbh I think that’s offensive to kids because even when my niece and nephew get dressed they still look more fashionable than I do 😂
Attached is a pic of Sarah for her new tour and I absolutely love the dress! I might be biased because I’m a little bit in love with her!

Though it is completely obvious that Carrie’s style icon is Helena Bonham Carter-
letter to Carrie, there is only one Helena Bonham Carter and even she looks like a bag lady every so often, at least Helena knows when to dress up!
I’ve also attached some of my favourite Helena red carpet looks plus one candid where I don’t have a clue what is going on!

padded a picture of Sarah wearing her slippers
This is definitely what Carrie thinks she’s like but she isn’t. Helena looks amazing and Sarah has the right balance of comfy but still looks nice!

Reactions: 14
She talks as simply as she ‘writes’
How many times did she use the term ‘park and bark’ 😂
She thinks she’s being inventive saying she will talk inbetween so it’s not just ‘park and bark’ but global superstars Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand, Idina Menzel all follow the same format chatting between numbers but sing the hell out of the songs.

and if she has ‘imposter syndrome’ it’s partly to do with lack of training plus a famous brother. Her career is nothing to do with luck. She’s of average talent and doors were opened because of her connection.
Shame she doesn't care about park and barking when she's in an actual role. All she does is stomp out on stage, shout sing the song then stomp off.

She is the queen of park and bark

Reactions: 10
Freebie was this you?????????????????????
Screenshot_20230329_215828_Instagram.jpg

Praying for four years that you will get married to Oli the Hottie before you would turn 30 only to end up marrying No Neck Shrek?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? 😂🤡😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Why is she banging on about not wearing a fancy dress and being comfortable in herself by wearing ripped tights but all the promo for the tour has her looking all glammed up? Why didn’t she have a wacky, colourful outfit paired with massive coloured glasses for the shoot … the self proclaimed ’real her’? 🤔 This picture looks like a totally different person to what we’ve seen of her lately.

3C7EE160-C3E9-41B2-8B2B-E5A2A73530A0.jpeg

Reactions: 43
This answer is so odd, especially "I performed there as a child as well! It feels like going back to somewhere that I performed as a kid, which is just very, very exciting."
So basically she is particularly excited to go back to venues she's been to before, new venues in cities she's visited, completely new venues and cities, and LoNdOn
So...everywhere then 🙄
Carrie: if you don't have anything interesting to say, it's ok to be quiet

Maybe next year she can do a "roots" tour. Intimate gigs in the Kodak factories across the South East 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This answer is so odd, especially "I performed there as a child as well! It feels like going back to somewhere that I performed as a kid, which is just very, very exciting."
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 20.52.39.png

We could start a game: Every time Carrie mentions she's 30, we do a shot. For the alcohol free, I don't know, eat a chocolate.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.