Carrie Hope Fletcher #45 He's behind you! (For evermore)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Writing ALW jokes into the show is so dumb. Like how are kids going to get that joke, how is anyone that doesn’t know the Cinderella drama getting that
Panto is always like this though. I go to one every year with my family and there are always jokes that are just for the adults and will go over the children's heads. If all the jokes were aimed at young kiddies then it would be boring as hell. And to be honest, a joke about punishing someone by being in an ALW musical would be funny even if I didn't know her history. I'd be willing to bet there are jokes in there about Strictly in there as well, aimed at Ore Oduba. There's always a certain self awareness about the jokes in a panto.

But, having said that, waiting until the noise dies down to start speaking and good audience interaction are key Panto skills and if she can't even do that well then she's not doing her job properly

Reactions: 19
True. A little amendment, though: It wouldn't be Oliver's first trip away with her, he's been on holiday with her most of the year, lol. At least 3 times.
Apologies not his first but they both seem very excited about it because they have asked for recommendations of fun things to do in NY in their insta stories :)

Reactions: 1
Panto is always like this though. I go to one every year with my family and there are always jokes that are just for the adults and will go over the children's heads. If all the jokes were aimed at young kiddies then it would be boring as hell. And to be honest, a joke about punishing someone by being in an ALW musical would be funny even if I didn't know her history. I'd be willing to bet there are jokes in there about Strictly in there as well, aimed at Ore Oduba. There's always a certain self awareness about the jokes in a panto.

But, having said that, waiting until the noise dies down to start speaking and good audience interaction are key Panto skills and if she can't even do that well then she's not doing her job properly
But at least adults know what strictly is, jokes about ALW seem way too specific! I wouldn't have a clue if I didn't read this forum and follow carrie's train wreck of a life, and I doubt most of the audience get it. Even if they do get it, it's not even funny? Just bitter and petty. The classy move would be to act like nothing had happened and smash your career! Bitching in a panto just ain't it

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Jokes about people being in an alw show are fine.

It's her entrance saying 'did someone say my name' and having her henchmen being so so anti Lloyd webber are just too niche for most to get

• Haha
Reactions: 24
5% of engagement from her fans/"haters" telling her to break off her engagement to No Neck Shrek or that she is overweight isn't great engagement for brands 😂🤡😂
Haha buts that’s not 5% of her engagement is it , it’s about 0.01% which she blows out of proportion . Engagement is likes , views on stories , etc . Not just comments . And she gets more comments blowing smoke up her and Joel’s exposed cracks than she does hate ones , she just focused on the hate because it gets her attention & she can’t take criticism

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I like MickeyJoTheatre´s reviews and videos - and often he is quite balanced, even about Carrie. However, this one about the panto seems to go a bit far for me. He opens by saying the panto at the Marlowe is "notable this year for one reason in particular", and that´s the fact that Carrie is cast in it.... He was sent to see it by the theatre, only to gush about it.

He does have some valid criticism of her, though - some of the things also mentioned here. He points out that she didn´t respond to audience interactions (literally just said her lines as written) and criticised her for not waiting for boos and applause to die down before saying her lines. He also said Carrie´s lines always feel very scripted - he said her jokes don´t feel natural, like the other actors make it seem, it always feels like "now we´re getting to that part in the script".😬
So he´s not all biased about her, guys.

In the video he shared from the panto, you can see Carrie thinking furiously in her head what her next move on stage is, the split second before she does it - while the others seem much more natural and like better actors - it´s seamless when they do it. Not very professional of Carrie. More proof that she´s great on stage anymore. It´s sad. All she had to do was hone her skills - her voice, her acting ability. But she didn´t, and her skills have quickly deteriorated. I thinks he was only ever great as Eponine. Since then it´s been bad acting galore.

Funny that he said there was a scene where she was chased around and had the line "Three years in Les Mis for this"....because that´s probably exactly how she feels. Someone on Tattle said once that they had some inside information about that Carrie had a few auditions in the loop, and that the pantomime was her last resort-job. And that´s the only one she ended up getting. Telling.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

It's her entrance saying 'did someone say my name' and having her henchmen being so so anti Lloyd webber are just too niche for most to get
I didn't have a clue! Went right over my head until I read these comments. I guessed she must have been in an ALW show wh3n they made reference in the show but unless your a CHF or ALW fan I don't think you would get the reference to the cinderella line.
A bit unnecessary in my opinion. The ALW references were a bit cringey looking back, maybe at the writers doing but she must have okayed it. It came across a bit like 'look how famous I am, look at how special I am, I worked with ALW'
I went with a group of 75 and only 5 or 6 knew who fletcher was and it was actually they knew who her brother is rather than who she is!

Have any of you seen motherland? Parts of CHF acting came across very much like Amanda, the fake, making sure everyone is looking at her, over the top dramatics.
Hard to explain. At the end when the dame was thanking the backstage crew and the musicians, everyone was clapping them but CHF like fake clapped, a big dramatic clap that almost seems sarcastic- no noise comes from her hands is was very exaggerated and showy......
It just kind of summed her up. Fake, showy and for everyone else's benefit- look at me, look at me!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It looks like Carrie has been taking notes again. Today we got to see what the flavour of tea was in her #gifted advent calendar.

And in case we thought she'd turned over a new leaf she's still shilling candles with a discount code that she somehow forgot to label as an #ad or #gifted. And I refuse to believe that she got absolutely nothing in return for posting that so it definitely should have been labelled as one of the two, if not both.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
More candles gifted to allthingsmontague
Think they’ve cornered the market now in candles.
Guess more to add to the shrine of her fading career...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Have any of you seen motherland? Parts of CHF acting came across very much like Amanda, the fake, making sure everyone is looking at her, over the top dramatics.
Hard to explain. At the end when the dame was thanking the backstage crew and the musicians, everyone was clapping them but CHF like fake clapped, a big dramatic clap that almost seems sarcastic- no noise comes from her hands is was very exaggerated and showy......
It just kind of summed her up. Fake, showy and for everyone else's benefit- look at me, look at me!
I absolutely LIVE for Motherland, that’s such a funny but damning comparison 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It still really creeps me out that Joel shares reels and posts from Tom and Gi. Especially when it’s not stuff that Carrie (or even Scott, who went on holiday with them recently) is sharing.
It’s just weird.

Reactions: 30
I skipped ahead to get the Cinderella gossip - basically Carrie's character (Carrieboss) has two velociraptor ugly step sisters called "Lloyd" and "Webber" and a phantom of the opera chord plays when they are mentioned, which happens a lot.

One of Carrie's entrances includes the line "Did somebody say my name?" (the first line she has in ALW Cinderella)

At the end of the show, Carrie's evil plan is foiled and the panto dame says that as punishment "We'll make her star in a ALW musical" and Carrie responds "Anything but that!"

Also MickeyJo notes that Carrie probably didn't write these jokes but "the person who wrote the panto, it's just their sense of humor" or something along those lines. Maybe, as a professional theatre reviewer, he should know who wrote the panto? That's pretty accessible info! It's Paul Hendry, who also directed it.
I know she didn't write it, but is she so incredibly petty and bitter, that she's fine with this? It's obvious that this was written for her - otherwise it makes no sense lol. ALW, although a twit, has a lot of influence - especially in the west end. If I was Carrie and saw the script, I'd at least ask them to tone the jokes down slightly so that I'm not bleeping blacklisted from the west end lol. Doesn't he own like 6 theatres there? And he's probably buddy buddy with the bigwigs so it would make it harder for Carrie to be recommended for a part, RUG or not.
MickeyJo is so far up Carrie’s ass, it’s unreal. He doesn’t really review her shows, only showers her with praise.
Joel started following him in the past week so he's going to be even more unbearable.

Reactions: 11

she's killed her career that's for sure. No-one will touch her with a barge pole after this. Her and Baby-Owl Wantospew will have to go up north and run a theatre company. After a while of that she'll be (more) bitter and start every sentence with "back when I was on the west end"

• Haha
I went to Newsies in the week and it was amazing, so so glad Carrie is doing panto and not in that show like some of us speculated! She will just limit the roles she can go for because she can't dance, acts poorly, has no comic timing, and doesn't work on her skills

Reactions: 12
I don’t know if this sort of thing just flies in the west end or what but if I went on stage and actively and openly criticised my previous employer I would never work again! Especially when they have as much spread as ALW. That’s just career ending IMO. How can anyone think this is professional?

Reactions: 22
I think jokes about being in alw musicals are fine, those jokes have been around for decades in pantos. But to double down on it is unprofessional, and kind of juvenile. You're also telling every other employer if you don't like something or get your way, the toys are out the pram.

Alw is not new, she supposedly has been in (and loved) musical theatre since childhood. There is no excuse for not knowing what he is like and playing the victim. She was happy when she was flavour of the month, no matter how alw was treating/has treated others.

Also, she's happy to work for Cameron Mackintosh who can also be a piece of work

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.