Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

T3PO

Chatty Member
The joint account is for getting free stuff at the end of the day but I would agree. Either share it all or don’t bother otherwise what is the point. We already get info from their individual accounts so what even is the joint one for if not for sharing wedding info etc

It’s not ‘All thing Montague’, it’s SOME THINGS Montague

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Like, who is any of this for?
i think it boils down to the simple fact that carrie has lived her life online for just under half her life and cannot comprehend the idea of doing otherwise. this sort of stuff would’ve been considered by a general audience as cuter and more tolerable when she was a 19 year old girl, but she’s a 30 year old woman now. it’s tasteless and old

but her mentality never matured, and joel is just along for the ride: he gets attention he’d never have gotten otherwise, and appears to everyone else as being in a relationship with a woman out of his league. but he also didn’t live his life online like carrie. so he’s no idea how to behave and curate his (and carrie’s by extension) online presence

so obviously the immediate negative attention got their agents into damage control mode. which means being very careful about what to post (esp as while carrie overshares a bit, joel is the true loose cannon in that regard) but now neither of them know how to navigate what they’re supposed to post and where. so it’s just this odd side account sitting in limbo

Sping

Joel really is just a glorified taxi driver / cat baby sitter at this point, isn't he.

• Haha

londongirl2001

VIP Member
And even if Oliver and Alessia get engaged soon, I doubt we'll immediately hear about it. They seem to be capable of keeping some parts of their lives private, unlike the Montagews.

Sanctified

VIP Member
Sorry if I have missed this already being posted somewhere but why does it say in Joel’s bio that he “Loved” Disney? Is this a new development? Is it a typo? Has it all been a lie? Did he like Disney before the relationship? I have so many questions!!
I think it's supposed to be 'loves' but apparently having the d and s keys right next to each other is too difficult to differentiate for poor Joely :(

• Haha

hellofresh85

Once again this boils down to the fact that she needs a man to make her feel happy or good about herself. Like yes, a supportive partner who tells you you’re sexy no matter your age shape or size is amazing, but where is the inner work to make her feel that about herself? Empowerment is about learning to love and embrace yourself, and wouldn’t it have been incredible if she’d spent the time this year working on her inner self and evolving and growing in to someone that truly loves herself and therefore didn’t need a partner to do the work for her?!

Lilu22

VIP Member
So Carrie’s character is officially called Carrie-Bosse now and apparently her two sidekicks are called Lloyd/Lord and Webber… Let it go already.

• Haha
  • Wow

onasidequest

VIP Member
Can she not drive then?
My commute to work is 60 miles each way so it can be done but I drive it 🤷🏻‍♀️
But a daily 120+ mile round journey in Carrie's scenario is an unnecessary trek (even if she did drive it.) Especially as it's not for a full time permanent job. She's got someone at home to feed the cat and she can afford lodgings in Canterbury. It's not like any of us like commuting, so if somebody somewhere gets to avoid it, more power to them.

• Haha

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Bit late to the party but I also enjoyed her latest vlog! She’s always at her most endearing when doing behind the scenes theatre videos. Also I find it interesting how good Carrie is with people when it’s surface level. Like she can strike up conversations with anyone and is really at ease in social situations. But when it comes the deeper, longer term interpersonal relationships, she struggles. I’m basically the complete opposite in that regard haha.

She seemed remarkably sad to me though at the start of the video. Like her demeanour and even facial expressions have changed so much in the last year. She deffo warmed up a bit as the video went on after spending time with her cast mates. But again, for a newly engaged woman who’s supposedly head over heels in love with her soulmate, she’s not giving off that vibe at all. And seeing as this relationship is barely 6 months old, she should still very much be in the glowing honeymoon stage?

Joel is deffo coming across far less unhinged these days. Either he’s had a stern talking to, or he’s feeling more secure in their relationship now they’re engaged. Tbh I always felt like his nonsense around ‘not doing well without her’ when she went to Disney was bs. He was just burning with jealously about not being invited on what would’ve been his absolute dream trip. Which is still bad because ultimately we got an insight into what he’s like when he doesn’t get his way.

Also upon further reflection that ‘how we got engaged story’ from last weeks live was absolutely awful. If someone you love and who you’ve discussed getting married to sets up a surprise proposal, and you catch onto it, wouldn’t you just go along with things for their sake? Imo it would be cruel to even let them know you’ve guessed. Much less actively work to sabotage the whole thing? How nasty. Either it’s because subconsciously you don’t like this man or want to marry him, or you’re profoundly self absorbed to the point of cruelty. Either way, not a good look.

No_Its_Ever

Chatty Member
I just want to throw in with the discussion on whether it’s feminist to ask for the bride’s father’s/parents’ ‘permission’—lots of women still like to be walked down the aisle by their father, and that’s definitely because it’s a nice tradition rather than to symbolise literally being the property of one man given to another. I don’t think it’s harmful and outdated because it’s not a literal thing in the way it once was, but each to their own.

Must42

It still really creeps me out that Joel shares reels and posts from Tom and Gi. Especially when it’s not stuff that Carrie (or even Scott, who went on holiday with them recently) is sharing.
It’s just weird.

Also anyone else think that it's funny how Wednesday came out on Netflix and she hasn't fawned all over it and posted "remember when I was wednesday" stories

• Haha

Hurrem

VIP Member
.... honestly, that's just off the top of my head.
I appreciate the effort and I personally think he is vile because of the SA and generally as a person. But let's stop painting him as a monster when Carrie is concerned. She is a manipulative bitch, a bully that treats her partners like shit and expects them to keep bending over backwards to please her as if she's the best thing that ever happened to them. She slid into his DMs (they might have changed story but that was how it started) because she knew he was a sure thing. He's clearly into her (he's not that good of an actor) and she is not but is using him because she known he's most likely an incel that has never touched a woman before her.

Yeah he's shit and he deserves to be alone but she's not a poor victim being manipulated by a mastermind like some people try to imply. She's a bitch, nothing more and nothing less and if you ask me she should also be alone. She's not deserving to have someone around her because she just mistreats men. She should do a lot of work on herself in order to become worthy to have a partner. I've always thought first you have to be happy, satisfied with your life and at peace in order to have a healthy and happy relationship. Not push all your frustration on someone else and be a user (sound familiar, Carrie??).

Gonna close with a quote from a Russian writer because Carrie needs to hear this. She's a spoiled brat stuck at the worst age possible (teenage years) because she can't get over herself.
An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person.

• Heart

Author123

Chatty Member
I just want to throw in with the discussion on whether it’s feminist to ask for the bride’s father’s/parents’ ‘permission’—lots of women still like to be walked down the aisle by their father, and that’s definitely because it’s a nice tradition rather than to symbolise literally being the property of one man given to another. I don’t think it’s harmful and outdated because it’s not a literal thing in the way it once was, but each to their own.
Agreed. My father walked me down the aisle purely for tradition, but we removed all the words from the (church) service which were to do with ‘giving away the bride’. My husband also spoke to him in advance of the proposal and whilst I do t know how he phrased it, I know for a fact that as my husband isn’t British he didn’t care what my dad said as he was still going to ask me anyway, but knew that it would mean a lot to my dad (which it did).

I’m of the opinion that these UK traditions have moved past symbolising women as property and instead symbolise family love.

I also don’t think the name thing is as big a flex as Carrie thinks it is. Nearly everyone I know keeps their maiden name for work (which in my circle is boring office based- far from the performing arts!)

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Clover123

VIP Member
Panto is always like this though. I go to one every year with my family and there are always jokes that are just for the adults and will go over the children's heads. If all the jokes were aimed at young kiddies then it would be boring as hell. And to be honest, a joke about punishing someone by being in an ALW musical would be funny even if I didn't know her history. I'd be willing to bet there are jokes in there about Strictly in there as well, aimed at Ore Oduba. There's always a certain self awareness about the jokes in a panto.

But, having said that, waiting until the noise dies down to start speaking and good audience interaction are key Panto skills and if she can't even do that well then she's not doing her job properly
But at least adults know what strictly is, jokes about ALW seem way too specific! I wouldn't have a clue if I didn't read this forum and follow carrie's train wreck of a life, and I doubt most of the audience get it. Even if they do get it, it's not even funny? Just bitter and petty. The classy move would be to act like nothing had happened and smash your career! Bitching in a panto just ain't it

• Haha

onasidequest

VIP Member
Carrie really loved Oliver. As much as they were clearly doomed she loved him and that's real for her and she deserves to be able to grieve that. I wish she'd slid into someone else's DMs and had a nice rebound fling rather than landing in the crosshairs of a man who had been carrying a torch for her for nearly a decade. I wish Carrie had spent 2022 banging hot acquaintances and going on gals trips and being a #independentwoman posting bikini photos and being over the top but for herself rather than being over the top for this new relationship.
Wow.

You made me wish I'd been sliding in and out of DMs of men I don't know, banging hot acquaintances that I don't have and posting photos of a body not made for bikinis. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
I wonder if the popcorn necklace is a piece of leftover popcorn from their infamous first movie date... The same date night that inspired not one, but *two* tattoos!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Right?! It's weird isn't?!?! If my so called BFF was in a movie on Nextflix I would be shouting from the rooftop how I am #SoProud!!!!!!! of him and not just doing the one story...If he was in a panto just like Scott I don't think I would bother posting anything either (only joking)...I am more and more convinced that @awkwardjellyfish was Scott and than they might not be BFF for much longer while Joel is around...

Also congratulations to you Joel and Carrie 👀👋 for being able to not post anything on SM while it's Carrie's day off today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This must be the first time EVER this happened in the whole 6 months you have been together 😂🤡😂
Almost right on cue… she has posted on her story about Scott’s film! (As has Joel, of course🙄) Hello once again Carrie, nice to see you’re still with us👋👋

• Haha