Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did like him a bit more after watching bits of the live. Mostly because you could see how one sided the relationship is and feel bad for him. Not to minimize any of the things he’s done or said but as damage control goes he did a good acting job. And that’s what’s so crazy! They are both actors. She COULD pretend to be all loved up to teach the “haters” a lesson but instead she chewed on her finger and kept picking at her nose. Which brings me to my last comment of the morning, if I did a live and had unconsciously been doing weird things like that I wouldn’t save the post! Just let it disappear. The “branding” is very odd.

Makes sense why he wasn’t so thrilled with the 12 Days of Joelmas. Not a big gift person

She said she forgot her coffee at home so I’m guessing he is drinking hers.
I thought the same - it’s in jest as she forgot hers. let’s try and bash people with correct facts!

Reactions: 4
I can confirm they are doing damage control, the SA texts and Hitler references did do damage. That is why they did the live, to show what a lovely wonderful couple they are, and reading posts on here I see people seem to have been won over.
Carrie and someone from her agency definitely keeps an eye on these threads. It's now all about making the brand wholesome, for going ahead with the Montague family image, which is the road it looks like they will be going down....influencers....
Make no mistake Carrie is running this tit show, and Joel is on quite a tight reign as far as socials are concerned.
The live to me was very telling, Carrie looked
completely bored, and dead behind the eyes. No doubt she will say it is because she was sooo tired. But why do alive when you feel like that. There was absolutely no chemistry that told me these were a newly engaged couple.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
I can confirm they are doing damage control, the SA texts and Hitler references did do damage. That is why they did the live, to show what a lovely wonderful couple they are, and reading posts on here I see people seem to have been won over.
Carrie and someone from her agency definitely keeps an eye on these threads. It's now all about making the brand wholesome, for going ahead with the Montague family image, which is the road it looks like they will be going down....influencers....
Make no mistake Carrie is running this tit show, and Joel is on quite a tight reign as far as socials are concerned.
The live to me was very telling, Carrie looked
completely bored, and dead behind the eyes. No doubt she will say it is because she was sooo tired. But why do alive when you feel like that. There was absolutely no chemistry that told me these were a newly engaged couple.
Huh? There were like three people who said that Joel has come off less bad than usual, but that was it, I think? Who has been won over on here by that show last night?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Just want to point out that nice seeming people can also be lovebombing narcs with tendencies for guiting and controlling their partners. And sometimes they do it as a consequence of not knowing how to handle their feelings for someone.
if people percieve him to be madly in love, it doesn’t do anything to counteract his actions until now.

I percieved two mates with an atrocious lack of physical chemistry. Admitting they barely spend any time together, thus don’t know each other…. They are digging their heels in. But Joel’s kind nature here is as fake is his laughing at her dumbo impression.

Let us not forget that this is someone that videod himself actively trying to guilt his new fiancé from afar. For going on a trip planned before their relationship even started.

i have no sympathy. They are both just gross manipulators. Too thick to figure out that they are being manipulated as well as manipulating.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
You know what I just find puzzling, is Carrie herself. I'm not a fan and never have been, I found my way here because she kept popping up in shows and the stunt casting annoyed me. So maybe I just don't understand, but she doesn't come across as remotely likeable?
As an influencer I assume your brand is your personality, and I genuinely don't see it. I watched a bit of the live - where is the engaging personality, the charm? I just see someone picking at themselves, yawning, not looking at their partner, not saying anything particuarly nice to them even... I don't understand a. why she would even do the live if so uninterested, and b. how is this a person that has inspired such a legion of fans (and former fans)? And ignoring his own issues for a moment, how is Joel so besotted with her? I can only assume she comes alive in private (and I don't want to think much further down THAT rabbit hole!), because I can't see anything there at all.
Yes we only see what she chooses to share. But that's what bugs me, this is the side she's choosing to present to us and it's bored, dead behind the eyes, outright rude.... I. Do. Not. Get. It.

Reactions: 30
I think she said that she 'felt like' she couldn't put her ornaments on the main tree and so had a 'classy tree' and a 'tacky tree'. This is from the same place as her throwing away her mugs that she thought Oliver didn't approve of. He probably didn't say anything but she knew that his taste leaned more towards classic, traditional stuff and so she was desperately trying to mould herself into his ideal partner. She called her ornaments tacky, not him.
Now that she's found herself a man-child then she's turning into a stroppy toddler. Do we even know the real Carrie, or have we always seen the person she wants to be to fit in with whoever her current boyfriend is?
Didn't she have the tacky tree when she was with Pete though? Pete was also a Disney lover so that makes no sense. She can't really blame Oli for something that happened years (?) before they met.
Ice seen the SA messages mentioned a few times. Any idea where they can be seen? I have not seen any of this I’ve only recently seen Joel existed via the holiday/engagement posts.
Messages are found here. I'll try and add some stuff to the wiki a bit later if I can, just to make it easier :)

I've still not watched the live, but you'd think, as an actress, she'd be able to pretend she likes her fiance for at least an hour. Joel did that horribly forced belly laugh when Carrie pretended to be an elephant, but at least that's more of an effort than she seems to have been putting in. I dislike Joel, but it seems like an incredibly one-sided relationship.

Reactions: 10
Am I reading correctly on Joel’s latest share that Gi raised less than £900 for charity? That’s actually pathetic considering the amount of followers the Fletcher family have. Tom alone could have donated more than that very easily

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Just catching up on the live, I thought Carrie seems fine and normal until they properly start talking about the engagement and then she starts with the weird dead staring in the camera which is a bit creepy to be honest!
She seems a bit down whenever they speak about anything that has been mentioned on here so it kind of seems like maybe she is trying to edit what they say or is scared what Joel will say? I think she's overly worried and doing damage control so its coming across as uncaring. But actually they seem really lovely together and a lot more normal! wish they had been like this from the start!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That live was quite interesting. At first I could actually see some of the qualities that me and my OH have, I love to be sarcastic with him and we laugh and talk a lot. The banter was cute and quite natural. However as the live went on and they started to talk about their relationship, she seemed cold and dead behind the eyes, which is in stark contrast to Joel who had a twinkle in his eye the entire time. I'm really not backtracking or making excuses for his tone deaf SM posts, and I see he is all over the world cup without giving any thought to the complexities of the political landscape etc. For me he is quite self indulged and can't see anything beyond his own nose. However, I don't think she is being controlled. If anything she was very assertive with him throughout that 'chat' and comes across as a quite flippant and uncaring. Perhaps she is struggling atm with everything that has been going on however I don't believe that she is invested in this relationship at all. Time will tell how long she can keep up the pretence and how long he will endure being scowled at.

Reactions: 13
Am I reading correctly on Joel’s latest share that Gi raised less than £900 for charity? That’s actually pathetic considering the amount of followers the Fletcher family have. Tom alone could have donated more than that very easily
You’d be correct!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Isn't she doing some sort of trip to raise money? If she's only raised 1k so far, the whole trip must be more expensive than that, so she's actually losing the charity money? Or who pays for the trip?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Isn't she doing some sort of trip to raise money? If she's only raised 1k so far, the whole trip must be more expensive than that, so she's actually losing the charity money? Or who pays for the trip?
She just returned from the Sahara. I saw a GBBO alum post today trying to raise funds too for the same trek and she only had a couple hundred pounds. I mean Carrie raised $5k for her anti bullying thing in one day. I’m surprised/not surprised they aren’t supporting each other?

This sums up Joel’s FB posts in a nutshell

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 26
Am I the only on who doesn’t get Carrie’s answers about changing her last name? “It means a lot than I will have a different name for my personal life” You mean the only way she can find balance between work and personal life is that one she is married she will have a different name? Man, I guess we latin people will never have that balance because changing our last name after marriage is not a thing here 💔

Reactions: 16
Re the name
What’s the point separating her professional name with her ‘married’ life as they post and repost stuff on both accounts plus Joel’s. You just know if the Montague brand needs a boost she’ll be promoting it on her account.
Was The Montagues account
borne in anticipation of the freebie grabs re the wedding/home life/kids etc. Or to limit the cringe factor on their ‘professional’ accounts?

With the name I think it’s mainly cause carrie has built a reputation as Carrie hope fletcher so she’s a brand on her own. To change to Carrie montague would mean she’s less know. I kind get her thinking behind it if having a work name separate to her home name. Carrie mantague does sound very formal

The name thing baffles me, she honestly seems to believe she's the first woman ever to keep her maiden name for her professional life. It's very common for women to do this, as it makes sense to keep the name you're known and respected under.

Reactions: 27
I've watched bits of the live but it's painful to me and dull. All I can say is that Carrie really is disgusting, the finger sucking was making me wanna vomit.
Screenshot_20221121_132053_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221121_132124_Chrome.jpg

Every bleeping time I was skipping a few minutes she was shifting further and further away from him and sucking her finger.
It's funny because in the first minute when they were talking about the tree and their Christmas decorations they were both excited and looking at each other, I got a bestie vibe. That could have been me and my bestie talking about where to find the best hot chocolate in town or something.

Sorry but based on the little I saw, she definitely feels nothing for him: not even attraction, let alone love. He's just the last resort for getting married and having kids because it's clear she can't do better.

Carrie, if you're reading, being single is sometimes a better choice than forcing a relationship. I feel sorry for Joel because he's clearly in love and being deceived by her. We can see the body language from the outside but when someone is living the relationship and is in love and hears the other saying they feel the same, it's easy to believe it and not notice their body language saying the opposite. Simply put: she's a witch, nothing new.

This sums it up quite nicely doesn't it - there is no real romance there, Joel is just the comfy pair of slippers she has settled into when she panicked about being single in her 30s
This sums up more the fact that she's a nobody without Tom and she has no skills to fall back on, just the Fletcher name and she knows it deep down.

I bet she'll even find a way to name their little ogres Fletcher instead of Montague, or both surnames. But never just Montague.

I don't think anyone was won over or is stupid enough to believe this relationship is not a train wreck. I personally always thought Carrie was a witch, this live just confirmed my thoughts. She's horrible to him and she thinks she's all that.

Yeah he sucked with the SA posts and I think he might be an incel. Someone like him deserves to be forever a virgin, which he was before Carrie. But I don't wish on anyone to have someone else pretending they love you just to boost their ego and cross things off their life's checklist (get engaged, get married, have kids etc). And that's what Carrie is doing to him. He would have deserved to just be ignored forever and that's it.

And Carrie would have deserved to be alone for a while to understand that she's not a femme fatale and she has to work on the crappy personality, her looks and that men are not slaves that need to please her. She also needs to be a pleasant person to be around (and she's currently not, she's a high maintenance witch).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
View attachment 1748353

Anyone else find this strange? Like the phrasing backs up the just want to be married narrative?
Honestly if my S/O posted something like this it would crush me. Of course he's a cat, but this answer is coming from a woman who literally created an entire instagram account personifying Edgar, writing about his likes in the first person, gushes about how much Edgar loves her and yet - "as long as I'm married he really doesn't give a tit who the bloke is." She truly doesn't realize how unintentionally transparent she can be and how much that answer drips in subtext.

Reactions: 30
Joel hasn't won me over, I don't think he ever will and to be honest I don't expect him to! He can continue to cater to Carrie's every whim and behave like a pathetic man-child for all I care.

I also noted during their live that he said that he "taking" her to Iceland and Disneyland Paris as if she is a child. Is he paying for everything as well? Or is he trying again to show what an amazing partner he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.