Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried to watch it and I just couldn’t keep going 😂
Can someone recap the engagement story plz?

He looks like a love sick puppy and she looks miserable as duck lol
35 comments on that live, we get more comments here! We’re our brand deals?!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This. Spot on analysis. I still don’t personally like Joel but I feel less creeped out by him overall. He’s clearly besotted with Carrie, even if her social media presence and famous family did help intensify those feelings. He clearly sees her as a huge catch and himself as very lucky to have landed her, which isn’t the worst dynamic ever. She’s his dream girl for sure.

Carrie on the other hand, ooft. Just completely awkward. She’s also adopted this blustering attempt at dry humour that doesn’t really suit her. It’s like she knows this is all abit silly and embarrassing so she’s trying to play the whole thing off in this wry ironic way? Idk exactly how to explain it.

I’ll be very curious to see them 6 months from now tbh. Once the honeymoon phase has fully worn off. Will Joel always have Carrie on this pedestal and be happy to play yes man? Because their entire relationship dynamic depends on it. If Joel isn’t able to play that role or is forced to lean on Carrie, I can’t really see her stepping up tbh.

I also picked up on this (few pages behind and still catching up so sorry if this has already been said!!). Her attitude towards his plans was so fkn weird. "oh I knew he was involved/planning it somehow so I just thought, what if I said no!".... what??? I don't know if its just the way she was trying to play it in the live as a deflection or defence thing but she came across like such a massive dick trying to be difficult about something her partner had planned for her and was trying to make as special as possible.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I find it very telling that Carrie said she knew/strongly suspected that Joel was about to propose but seemed to do everything in her power to spoil the plans or at least make him panic. What a power trip.
Almost like she was sabotaging him from proposing :unsure:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
I find it very telling that Carrie said she knew/strongly suspected that Joel was about to propose but seemed to do everything in her power to spoil the plans or at least make him panic. What a power trip.
its seriously fkn twisted. I don't know a single person un my life who's in a happy relationship who would behave this way. why would you want to make it difficult for them?? why would that even enter your mind?? would you not just be happy and want to support them in something that's such a big deal and they're probably already nervous enough about without you being such an hole????

(also, hi everyone - new member here!!! been lurking since the engagement - was delighted to find the site and discover yes, other people did find this as batshit as I did. finally making an account bc I cannot keep silent any longer - I mean srsly, wtf.)

Reactions: 50
Sure, it’s sad that Joel can’t see how Carrie doesn’t give two shits about him, but he’s a grown man and doesn’t mind gobbing off to anyone that dares say anything vaguely negative. He’s not this innocent little puppy, he can be downright vile sometimes. They really do deserve each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It has killed me off she ignored his DMs for years, and that he was so down bad for her that he continued to keep sending them. He's a living wattpad story. After a certain point I'd be offended if someone I was really into gave me a chance purely because they were single and clearly desperate.

Also the sympathy being shown to Joel here is surprising to me! I have no intention of watching the live myself but wow. He's always gonna be a creepy weirdo to me 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I'm conflicted because I do feel a slight element of sympathy towards Joel because of his inability to see how little Carrie is interested in him, however it doesn't change the SA allegation messages and his overall social media demeanour. Like there's still something very off about him indeed.
I missed all the messages, despite trying to catch up…. What were the SA allegation messages?

I started watching the live and I couldn’t look away, it was car crash TV seeing Carrie not bothered about Joel at all! Like disappearing to get a plaster, sorting Edgar out etc…. That’s how you choose to tell the story of your engagement?! Alriiiiiight then 👀 no chemistry forthcoming from Carrie whatsoever, Joel a cross between looking adoringly at her and trying to get her to read his eyes while she’s not even looking at him, awks 🙈

Also, so bizarre to choose to do a long live… makes it clear how heavily edited their reels are to try and show fun and romance! You also know those couples who are like we are just sooooo QuiRKy and ChATtY IRL have very annoying personalities 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I saw it mentioned a few pages ago that the engagement ring was “back” (after the pic with Edgar earlier today) but I just noticed she’s wearing it on her other hand in the live?

edited to add: they didn’t go to the screening for Scott’s movie?

Reactions: 3
Alright I’ll admit, as a lot of people have, that Joel comes off a lot better in that live than he ever has done on his other social media posts, and he and Carrie do seem to have good chemistry. I still think they’re insane for doing what they’re doing though, and I will absolutely never warm to Joel after the SA messages.

I haven’t see anyone mention the ‘Do you want to start a family’ question and Joel pretending like they were seriously about to announce they were expecting!! I almost had a heart attack 😩

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Also I’m dying at Joel explaining how even though he and Carrie knew each other and ran in the same circles, a relationship never developed because they were both always in relationships/seeing other people and Carrie is immediately like weeeellll, it’s more like we were never at an event where I was looking for a ‘suitor.’ It’s like he’s trying to make it this incredible ‘finally in the right place at the right time’ always destined to be together romance and she’s like no, we never dated because I wasn’t in need of a partner?? Literally, the only reason she became interested in Joel is because she was suddenly single and in want of a new boyfriend?? Deranged.

Reactions: 42
Zero intention of watching that live. But, from all the comments...

I find it uncomfortable that people are sympathising with Joel, after his disgusting SA sympathiser messages and barely veiled racism, christ, even the bloody Hitler memes. No. He can behave any which way he bleeping wants - nothing will eradicate those issues for me, the SA stuff especially.

The other thing - his 12 days videos were hideous, horrible, painful to watch. Because he wasn't with Carrie - I haven't even watched the live but its clear he comes across as being desperately obsessed with her, certainly more so than any feelings she has for him. I find it interesting how his behaviour becomes more likeable and palatable to people when he is with Carrie; in my mind, that's actually more about control and manipulation. All feelings totally different from really, truly loving someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Carrie yawned multiple times through that video but it didn’t make Joel then yawn too … psycho behaviour 👀 😂
The yawning looked completely fake to me to the point of annoying?
Also every time he tried to tell the story, she got up, yelled at the cat, went on about her finger.
Joel was sharing the excitement in his story and Carrie...well she just looked awkward.

Reactions: 24
When asked what is the best thing about this year Joel responded something along the lines how their relationship is unfolding, like he didn't expect for what has happen to them to have happened...And Carrie agreed but I am sure for her it was more to do with the harsh realisation that she started the year dating a real life Disney prince aka Oliver and is now finishing her year engaged to no neck Shrek. She clearly didn't think that would have happened to her...While Joel can't believe his luck that he won't end up all alone as the single virgin man he was at the beginning of the year now he has FINALLY bagged Carrie No Hope Fletcher (after 8 years of her ignoring him deliberately because she always thought she was much better than him...) And no Carrie you and Joel were not friends or mates for 8 years, you didn't even had each other telephone number for all these years ffs 🤦😂🤦
Both their attitudes and the words they use in the live is so telling...I have said it before and I will say it again, they are both narcisisits/manipulators and they deserve each other! 🤡😂🤡

Just leaving this #FanArt here...after No Neck Shrek we now have No Face Shrek...A picture is worth a 1000s words they say?!...The good thing is that Carrie will be able to use this drawing with her next fiancé too, just need to crop out the Montaguew name...😂
Screenshot_2022-11-21-01-45-50-47.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
A bit off topic and long winded - but relevant lol

My niece is 18 and lives in Queensland (I live in New South Wales - so, two separate states) and I don't get to see her as often as I'd like to but we speak on Snapchat everyday.

I noticed she was hanging around this boy (my niece came out as gay earlier in the year and now feels she is more bi than gay - all of which is no issue whatsoever, I'd love her just the same even if she were a Zebra!) anyway - I asked her about him and she said they were just friends and that he likes her more but she isn't sure. I advised her to just be careful and make sure her boundaries are known etc. because I do see that she is often out late at night with him.

I always send her ugly selfies laying in bed or at work with multiple chins, zoomed in on my face etc. because we are really close and she's like my best friend - we have that kind of bond.

Anyway, one day I was snapchatting her as usual and sending her the uglies and HE RESPONDED with a selfie of himself in her bed with her phone- which to me, was inappropriate and weird, like bro - I don't know you and you are not a part of this conversation- I don't know if she even knew he did it - but I brushed it aside.

Last week she came down to Sydney to stay with me and I asked her a bit more about him and you could see she was a bit uncomfortable and some of the stuff she told me raised massive red flags

Before she was due to leave he bought her flowers because she was having a bad day - but made her come to his house to get them because he "was doing dinner prep" even though she was trying to pack for her flight

Something happened with her work whilst she was here and she was stressing out about it - so he sent her a collage of photos of the two of them in AND I QUOTE "happier times" to cheer her up - THEY ARE NOT EVEN A COUPLE. This dude is 4 years older than her (22 years old vs 18!)

Whilst she was here, he was constantly blowing up her phone, anything I posted on FB with her or she posted on FB with me and my Mum (her Grandma) he was commenting on …. seem familiar?

I ended up calling my sister about it when I knew my niece wasn't at home and telling her about my worries and I went on a bit of a tangent about The Montagews and love bombing - which was something she'd never heard of (lovebombing) I went a bit mad with my arms waving around whilst explaining it, but hopefully she gets the drift and my niece kicks this scrub to the curb! I would hate for her to end up like Shrek & Carrie - whilst my niece is smart, I know she also likes the attention (seem familiar again?) which is also why she didn't listen to me when I was pointing out that these things are not normal

I have paraphrased a lot in here as to not go off on a tangent again (I really did try not to be long winded lol) I was also speaking to a friend of mine (who is a neutral third party and who has been in the same type of relationship as Shrek & Carrie and thankfully got out of!) and she agrees that my feelings are spot on and that it is going the way we think it will - let's just hope it doesn't!

Sorry for the rant - and thank you for reading (if you did haha)

Carrie Hope Fletcher #45 Carrie left Joel on read, so he dressed up in red (flags)

I tried.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I find it uncomfortable that people are sympathising with Joel, after his disgusting SA sympathiser messages and barely veiled racism, christ, even the bloody Hitler memes.
Yeah no matter how pathetic he is, I've no sympathy. Let's not forget he is 35 too, if he is unhinged enough to believe Carrie loved him a month into their relationship, he deserves to be in that weird relationship.

It's interesting to compare Carrie's body language with Joel to Carrie's body language with Oliver when they started dating, with Joel she looks like she is with a mate not her fiancé. I hope Carrie wakes up before the wedding or, at least, before their first kid.

The one live hasn’t really changed my mind on Joel or the whole ordeal, the SA dms etc say a lot about him. I think Joel just come across less creepy as it’s the most casual we’ve seen them both and Carrie is actively involved in cringe! Still can’t get over the joint Insta 😂

Reactions: 16
It’s funny how they contradict themselves, at first they said they spent so much time together that their days were like 5 dates in one day which is why it progressed so quickly but then said they barely see each other.. so which is it?

He was absolutely desperate to tell the engagement story despite her body language saying she didn’t want to!! It was awkward and she looks dead behind the eyes when they’re telling the story too, like her husband died at war rather than just got engaged after being plunged into happiness 😂🤮

• Haha
It’s funny how they contradict themselves, at first they said they spent so much time together that their days were like 5 dates in one day which is why it progressed so quickly but then said they barely see each other.. so which is it?

He was absolutely desperate to tell the engagement story despite her body language saying she didn’t want to!! It was awkward and she looks dead behind the eyes when they’re telling the story too, like her husband died at war rather than just got engaged after being plunged into happiness 😂🤮
I had second hand embarrassment watching that, could she have been anymore... off?

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.