Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the live and so far he seems to deflect a fair bit or when he is talking she is deflecting by saying something about Edgar or doing something to the cat that provokes him to do something to distract. The whole 'I was in Kiss Me Kate' she then has to jump in with her story about it.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone else actually … softened … towards Joel after that? I feel like he was somewhat friendzoned (just zoned actually) for years and he’s finally got a scrap of attention and he’s over the moon and will just bend over backwards in order to keep her and keep her happy? He seemed really proud of the little proposal treasure hunt thing, and in fairness it’s very cute! I feel like he’s always had a crush on her and now he’s just swept up in it all!

Still think he can be a bit creepy, but I think that’s just everything combined
I mean I think it's shown all along, and was really highlighted in this live, that he is 50,000x more into her than she is into him. He does look like he can't believe his luck and now he's just really enthusiastically trying to hold on. Which is probably also why he comes across as so creepy in posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I wonder if he ever thinks about that. That Carrie ignored him all those times for YEARS and then suddenly when she's been recently broken up with and is miserable about being single she's suddenly ready to talk to him. That has to sting a bit? Does he not care?

Although now that I think about it, I guess she's already spinning this into something positive with her story about how she's been through experiences that made her ready to love Joel the way he deserved.
I don't think it stings for him because he's so excited at what he nabbed and couldn't care less how he got there

Also, yeah, it is telling that she ignored 8 years of Facebook DMs from him. Feel like Facebook messages are harder to lose track of and less used than Instagram or Twitter DMs. Also, they work in the same industry. If someone I worked with or was in my circle (no matter how loosely) reached out, I probably would send a quick reply out of courtesy, given they aren't a literal stranger. I can totally imagine her for 8 years seeing another message from Joel and rolling her eyes at how creepy and odd he is. Then she hit him up post-breakup because she knew he was always into her

I mean I think it's shown all along, and was really highlighted in this live, that he is 50,000x more into her than she is into him. He does look like he can't believe his luck and now he's just really enthusiastically trying to hold on. Which is probably also why he comes across as so creepy in posts.
Creepy in posts is an understatement. Did he not film them making out on the bed in Croatia then put it on TikTok. That's literally filming and posting foreplay. Carrie has been weird in past relationships but never on that level

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Carrie replying to Joel's message from 2014: Oh wow, sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been so busy with other guys for the last eight years. Anyway, you still up for that drink? OR how about something better? I have a premiere event thing coming up and I don't want to walk the red carpet as a single woman because I'm nearly 30 and it's pathetic to not be married already AMIRIGHT?!

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Oh wow the Live was recorded and posted!! This is fascinating

Carrie: I knew you were in Kiss Me Kate
Joel: Did you??

Him questioning how much she knew of his presence is extra funny in light of the 8 years of ignored DMs

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Carrie interrupts him a fair amount, especially through the engagement bit, and looks kind of blank or slightly irritated when he is talking, picks at her finger or yawns!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She didn't reply to his messages once over the 8 years?? I don't find that creepy from him, I find that extremely rude of her. If they were chatting when they met at events and stuff, it would be natural to assume he could message her as acquaintences. How freaking rude is Carrie to just blatantly ignore a colleague/acquaintence.

Reactions: 18
Not sure it’s been mentioned (caught up with the last 3 threads in a few days so some stuff was skipped) but anyone notice that his bio says ‘loved’ .. did CHP ruin it or something?
View attachment 1746719
Carries into football now? 🤣 Can’t wait for @ one of the players asking for a freebie like she did with F1

He continued to message her 8 times after not receiving a reply once?

Ew. Stalker.
She’s essentially dating one of those weirdos you give your insta to, then put them on restricted profile 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone else feel like the engagement story it was just like she’s telling the story of a surprise birthday party or
Something? There’s no giddiness loved up happy newly engaged vibes.

Reactions: 17
She didn't reply to his messages once over the 8 years?? I don't find that creepy from him, I find that extremely rude of her. If they were chatting when they met at events and stuff, it would be natural to assume he could message her as acquaintences. How freaking rude is Carrie to just blatantly ignore a colleague/acquaintence.
I think both are true - it's rude to ignore an acquiantance, but if you do ignore them, it's a bit creepy for them to not take the hint and send 8 ignored messages

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My observations:
Joel is absolutely smitten with her. His body language is open, he can't take his eyes off her and he really can't stop smiling. I feel that he looks very genuine and is head over heels. Whether it be love, or starstruck or what. He was deferring to her on everything.

Carrie is another story all together. She appeared a bit bored. Her body language was completely different, she had her arms folded across her at one point, she was yawning alot and made very little eye contact with him. Not great reciprocated chemistry.

I know it was kind of intended as a joke, but when he got the lead in Hamilton and suddenly she was interested, having previously ignored his DMs for years...I felt that it was one of those truth jokes.

I felt that they clearly get on very well and have alot in common, and if he's happy to be totally owned, and she likes a puppy, then it will probably work out.
There's no way he's going to have his head turned. Not sure I can say the same about Carrie as she definitely seems less into him.

Reactions: 38
Anyone else feel like the engagement story it was just like she’s telling the story of a surprise birthday party or
Something? There’s no giddiness loved up happy newly engaged vibes.
Yes, so much. There was not one affectionate moment or look or anything. Her smiles seemed so forced. They have alright chemistry as friends but romantically? Nothing. She seemed irritated with him more than anything else.

Reactions: 12
I will say after watching more of the Live, he definitely comes across normal and way less creepy here than on social media. He also seems generous with how he defers to her. Agree that the body language is weird - he's staring at her, she's avoiding eye contact completely.

Reactions: 18
Aw man there was a live? Definitely have to go and watch this. She doesn't sound too chuffed about the whole thing by some of the comments on here

Eta - just watched the disney this or that. Joel's fake belly laugh is awful. It's like those exercises in laughing yoga. And lol at the Cinderella shade. She really doesn't want to be associated with the character does she?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Aw man there was a live? Definitely have to go and watch this. She doesn't sound too chuffed about the whole thing by some of the comments on here
It is so weird how she won't look at him when he's talking about the engagement. At one point he leans right into her and says "should we tell them?", looking right at her and she won't look back

• Haha
He’s over keen and she looks like she doesn’t give a tit. What could go wrong 🍿🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I was going to watch but saw it was an HOUR long?! The first minute she looks completely blank. No emotion. Very odd.

• Haha
I was going to watch but saw it was an HOUR long?! The first minute she looks completely blank. No emotion. Very odd.
An hour?? Bloody hell. I don't know if I care enough about it to watch the entire hour.

For those that have seen it, what was the engagement story?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
haven’t caught up yet but I’m just watching the live… her body language is incredibly telling. she’s not looking at him at all and her whole body is angled towards the camera not towards him at all

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.