Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I have taken from this so far is:
1. He interrupts her talking so much that I find it infuriating and would have punched him in the face.
2. They never get to spend any time together - firstly most working couples have to work around conflicting schedules, you’re not special. But secondly, clearly don’t know each other because they never see each other but hey let’s get engaged after 5 months.
3. following the above they clearly haven’t lived together enough to know how annoying each other can be
4. The only positive I will give them is that he clearly put a lot of effort into the proposal, however, what made him think it was a good idea to do it when she had to go to work straight after?! Wtf?!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Agreed. That stuff about how she got suspect about the engagement because he said he's scheduled a recording for an afternoon they were supposed to spend together and he'd never do that, he just WOULDN'T.
He will be super careful to not piss her off and I think that partly explains his utter desperation in this whole thing. He knows that if he sets her off somehow, she'll be gone. So he over-compensates in order to please her. Total yes man, and that's the only way you can be with Carrie.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
I just didn't see any chemistry, nothing that would suggest they are newly engaged and only been together for a short while. Not a touch, a look, nothing.

Reactions: 27
This. My goodness. I would never contemplate actually going out with someone after that.
No wonder she was annoyed at him for revealing that. It makes them both look very desperate. Especially her tbh. I feel like most women have that one odd guy who’s always messaging you and basically talking to themselves in your dm. Imagine getting engaged to that guy 😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Carrie yawned multiple times through that video but it didn’t make Joel then yawn too … psycho behaviour 👀 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Also - they said they want a family but they have “so much they want to do together” before that happens so why the big rush to get engaged?! Why not apply the same logic to being engaged/married?

Reactions: 24
He continued to message her 8 times after not receiving a reply once?

Ew. Stalker.
I wonder if he ever thinks about that. That Carrie ignored him all those times for YEARS and then suddenly when she's been recently broken up with and is miserable about being single she's suddenly ready to talk to him. That has to sting a bit? Does he not care?

Although now that I think about it, I guess she's already spinning this into something positive with her story about how she's been through experiences that made her ready to love Joel the way he deserved.

Reactions: 32
No wonder she was annoyed at him for revealing that. It makes them both look very desperate. Especially her tbh. I feel like most women have that one odd guy who’s always messaging you and basically talking to themselves in your dm. Imagine getting engaged to that guy 😭
I have mine on mute. It really does put into perspective how low Carrie must have felt following the split. Understandable feelings, stupid reaction.

Reactions: 18
Also - they said they want a family but they have “so much they want to do together” before that happens so why the big rush to get engaged?! Why not apply the same logic to being engaged/married?
Because Carrie was turning 30!
The age by which if you aren't engaged/in a long term committed relationship your life means nothing!!! you will never do anything meaningful after 30, life ceases to mean anything unless you are madly in love and can prove it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Because Carrie was turning 30!
The age by which if you aren't engaged/in a long term committed relationship your life means nothing!!! you will never do anything meaningful after 30, life ceases to mean anything unless you are madly in love and can prove it!
can confirm.

i was single when i turned 30 and got turned into a pile of dust as soon as midnight struck :(

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Joel once referred to carrie as baby in the live. No other terms of endearment between them. If I didn’t know they’re engaged I’d think they’re friends.

The engagement story was cute. We knew it’s in a theatre but it’s nice touch he got her to go to each theatre she loved. Clever cover story. Very thoughtful getting their loved ones there after too.

getting engaged after 5 months together would be ok if they’re planning a long engagement but by sound of it they’re not.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone else actually … softened … towards Joel after that? I feel like he was somewhat friendzoned (just zoned actually) for years and he’s finally got a scrap of attention and he’s over the moon and will just bend over backwards in order to keep her and keep her happy? He seemed really proud of the little proposal treasure hunt thing, and in fairness it’s very cute! I feel like he’s always had a crush on her and now he’s just swept up in it all!

Still think he can be a bit creepy, but I think that’s just everything combined

• Sick
Reactions: 31
C- “Every time I do something in Sheffield something goes wrong”
J- “I did kiss me Kate there”
C- “I saw you in kiss me Kate there”

carrie hun, you’re the biggest troll of them all.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
He is definitely pandering to her and her ego. I don’t think he is controlling. I think he is afraid to say no

Has anyone else actually … softened … towards Joel after that? I feel like he was somewhat friendzoned (just zoned actually) for years and he’s finally got a scrap of attention and he’s over the moon and will just bend over backwards in order to keep her and keep her happy? He seemed really proud of the little proposal treasure hunt thing, and in fairness it’s very cute! I feel like he’s always had a crush on her and now he’s just swept up in it all!

Yes to this!!!

Reactions: 10
He is definitely pandering to her and her ego. I don’t think he is controlling. I think he is afraid to say no

Yes to this!!!
I feel like she knew he wanted her, and she needed the ego boost so she just flirted a bit and then they got together. He seems so scared to say no to her, and has completely changed his interests to suit her and to please her! One of my friends did exactly the same to a guy she was friends with and he was so happy to be given a chance that he wouldn’t ever disagree and he’d try and do everything for her, it was actually really sad to witness :/

Reactions: 12

Let's not forget the SA sympathiser messages and barely contained racism.

Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.