Carrie Hope Fletcher #43 Relationship moving faster than this thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joel is literally so vile and creepy and honestly, is the reason I’ve actually turned down seeing Hamilton as a Christmas gift from my partners family. I feel like seeing him would make my WAP and insides go dry from cringing so hard.

The fact he had to state that it’s and emerald and 4 diamonds makes me feel sick. Would be hilarious if they’re fake stones 😀😅😅😅
also is it not a bad sign that you don’t know your girlfriend well enough to know what ring to get her? He had to speak to Scott to find out…

I’m also interested in knowing when he started making this ring as my BIL recently got engaged and he said it took months and months to plan it + get it made…

• Wow
Reactions: 35
also is it not a bad sign that you don’t know your girlfriend well enough to know what ring to get her? He had to speak to Scott to find out…

I’m also interested in knowing when he started making this ring as my BIL recently got engaged and he said it took months and months to plan it + get it made…
I think it depends on the jeweller- I was recommended one recently in London and was told at the meeting that getting a bespoke ring made would take 4-6 weeks after agreeing the design. So I guess it depends how long it takes to agree a design/source the stones.

Emerald is an interesting choice though for an engagement ring which is to be worn nearly everyday for the rest of your life- it’s a lot softer than diamond so liable to being scratched and damaged. I’d personally be terrified of wearing it and accidentally damaging it.

Reactions: 11
Relatively new to these threads but duck me. They’re unhinged. I am genuinely so embarrassed for them. There’s no way her parents said yes willingly. They were probably just being very British and didn’t want to say no.

Reactions: 34
They were probably just being very British and didn’t want to say no.
My parents would not say no either, they would just silently judge my weirdo bf and pray that I'm smart enough to say no.

Is asking for the woman's hand a british thing? I'd be embarrassed if my bf did, I'm not the property of my parents, I don't need their permission to do anything (but if it's a cultural thing, then fair enough, I guess).

Reactions: 27
My parents would not say no either, they would just silently judge my weirdo bf and pray that I'm smart enough to say no.

Is asking for the woman's hand a british thing? I'd be embarrassed if my bf did, I'm not the property of my parents, I don't need their permission to do anything (but if it's a cultural thing, then fair enough, I guess).
It’s a traditional thing in the UK to ask the father for permission but you’re right it dates back to women being the property of their fathers. It’s like the father ‘giving the bride away’ at a wedding in church. I think nowadays people tend to ask for parental blessing instead though in order to give a nod to tradition whilst recognising the right of the individual being proposed to that they can decide for themselves.

Reactions: 21
Okay, 4pm - finally caught up. People had the audacity to keep talking to me at work today!

I have no words after reading all that and those "Q&A's" - I have asked Carrie many back in the day - good thought provoking ones about MT and her career, never ONCE have any been answered - yet she answers the same ones over and over again - and, of course, her own questions to control her narrative (hence the 6 accounts she's bloody running at the moment!)

I hope Instagram does her dirty and starts showing the usernames of questions submitted - watch her Q&A's change then!!

Carrie and Joel, when you read this, go step on some Lego barefoot.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
not sure if youve seen the suggestion but jamie muscato for moulin rouge sounds like a pretty good option.

Yknow what’s funny though? Carrie’s insistence that only “people she knew” were at her proposal, and then later only friends and family at the engagement dinner or whatever.

View attachment 1729057

So either friends and family leaked the news or, idk, THE BALLOON GAVE IT AWAY?

Not sure why they’re so pissed off at TDM when they’re the ones who gave the news away anyway 🙄🙄🙄
I’m very confused by this answer on the Q&A - who answered it? I thought it was Joel answering it but then it said “Carrie was on the phone to Joel” why not say “on the phone to me” instead?
Am I looking too much into this?

Reactions: 17
I’m very confused by this answer on the Q&A - who answered it? I thought it was Joel answering it but then it said “Carrie was on the phone to Joel” why not say “on the phone to me” instead?
Carrie was answering all the questions as Joel was driving, for some reason she decided to write them in 3rd person.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I just read a book where one of the characters proposed to their (ex) partner just because she wanted to be engaged by 30, and then almost immediately they both agreed it wasn’t right and called it off.
No prizes for guessing who that made me think of!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The confusion is understandable; they’re both Shite at writing so the lack of one constant POV on a joined account was bound to happen.

Expect to see extreme inconsistencies when it comes to first/third person perspectives and pronouns! It truly is baffling to realise that Carrie is an author. Goodness gracious.

Reactions: 25
View attachment 1729158
CARRIEEEEEEE oh my god 🙄😂 She is so dramatic
What will they be posting on this page then, if not for, “SO PROUD!!!! of this human woman, who has now asked the absolute LEGEND!!!!!!!! SCOTT to be her best man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

ETA: I just noticed this! I couldn’t find it if I tried, but someone the other day mentioned the order of the pronouns in the bio suggested Carrie’s were he/him and Joel’s were she/her… more proof Crabbie and Goyle are reading here, as if we didn’t have enough already. Hey lovebirds 👋 👋 👋View attachment 1729165
I’m so confused by this answer. They don’t want to share anything in the leadup to the wedding, they might share a video after the wedding but they aren’t sure… so then what is the account about them as a married couple for?

Like I get it, sure, you don’t want opinions from outsiders during your wedding planning process. I wouldn’t either. But then you’d think not creating an account specifically for content about your relationship would be a better move? This is so bizarre. What will they be posting here then? Just endlessly “Joel and I went to lunch again. Oh and this other time we went to dinner, isn’t that amazing. Joel brought me (Carrie) a tissue when I was sniffly isn’t he the best fiancé ever! Carrie was feeling sniffly and so Joel wanted to bring her a tissue. Lots of couples don’t do that”.

?? The account literally already features their married name but wedding content is too private to share.

I hope this isn’t a situation where Carrie would rather not share so much anymore, to lessen all the negative response, but Joel wants to go full speed ahead with this branding of their relationship anyway (read: leeching off Carrie’s following). I mean, she’s never done anything like this before, not even with Pete, who she created a lot of relationship content with. I feel like this has to be pushed by Joel.

I honestly think wanting to plan and have a wedding in private sounds like a good, healthy idea. So why keep this account? I’m sure people could live with the posts about them going to lunch being contained to their personal pages.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Absolutely unhinged imo to make an account a few weeks after getting engaged DEDICATED TO YOUR COUPLE SELF USING YOUR SOON TO BE MARRIED NAME and then get all high and mighty about 'not sharing wedding content because privacy guys'. You guys realise its not compulsory to have this account right???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
I'm sorry I totally disagree, for MT he has a tit voice and is way out of his league in the West End which makes me believe he's is cast because of some insider click. Check out his insta of him murdering stand by me a few years back. My postman sings better
I've only seen him sing once on the sing a long and he didn't get the high notes. Dreadful.

Reactions: 3
The *first photo* taken on the date. How many photos were there? I thought the first date selfie was odd enough 😂
It looks like the ‘how it started’ photo in their first Instagram post was taken at the screening, so at least two photos from that first date!

The curve in the ring looks uncomfortable, like it would dig into/rub on the next finger 😕

Also (sorry if this has already been said), the accounts their shared Instagram follows are crazy - all those publishers! Are they hoping to get a book deal or something, as well as a trip to Disney?! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 21
I honestly think wanting to plan and have a wedding in private sounds like a good, healthy idea. So why keep this account? I’m sure people could live with the posts about them going to lunch being contained to their personal pages.
Why have an oversharing account about your relationship despite at least one party wanting a level of privacy? It’s Joel wanting both clout and control. He benefits from making as much of this public as possible and as a narc will be able to either coerce or intimidate Carrie into going along with it. Even under the guise of “agreeing to remain private” he’s already gone ahead with a joint account, leaked their engagement and clearly speaks on behalf of them more than Carrie now. She’s already decided not to kick back or speak up and it will now be very hard for her to break free and do so.

Reactions: 22
None if it makes sense. We want privacy so we have created an insta account just for our relationship. I know Carrie so well but had no idea what ring she would like. Carries answer had me howling though where she more or less says nah we wouldn't have been together before but I'm desperate now. Also obviously Joel tipped off the DM- there is no way they'd be bothered about 2 nobodies unless it was handed to them on a plate. Wake up Carrie!

Reactions: 48
As stated earlier I am really fortunate to see a lot of theatre. I actually very recently saw Oliver in Frozen and I must say he was an exceptional performer.

I am intrigued to see where Carrie and Joel’s careers go after this. Her short jobs are probably because she has a tour next year and most West End contracts are a year so hence the play and now Panto. Most kings don’t last more than a year at Hamilton because there are so many fantastic actors out there who can play the role.

Her agent and PR will be all over this thread, how they ‘sell’ this couple moving forward will be very interesting. I do believe Joel is a talented performer his West End credits speak for themselves but the way he has handled himself since the proposal will not go unnoticed. Carrie is not that talented, she sells tickets because she has followers - if she is not a strong dancer roles she can play in the West End will be limited.

They need to be very careful- the industry is currently watching and laughing at them. Also where were both sets of parents at the engagement party?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.