Carrie Hope Fletcher #43 Relationship moving faster than this thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could imagine Carrie being asked to do Strictly at least. They had some Z-list vloggers on there in the past few years, she has more professional credentials than some of them!!
Hmmm the ones they have had have followers in the millions and are young, therefore bring in younger audiences. Strictly has a diverse line up to bring in as many viewing demographics as possible. Carrie may have half a million subscribers but her engagement is appaling, dropping and aging. She wouldn't bring in the teens/early twenties the same way someone like Joe sugg would. They'll also be looking for tiktok stars etc. That's the reason they have social media people, to attract young audiences.

Reactions: 9
I have been doing some thinking today (and I have a lot of time to think because I’m on maternity leave and have completed Netflix).

I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the wedding is a quiet affair, she has changed her narrative that she doesn’t like all eyes on her and that they won’t be posting any wedding plans and so on.

The story of the engagement is hush hush (probably until they can agree on a story to share) and they want to have that between themselves a little while longer

But I’m thinking she will still want to be quirky but still “super romantic” so it will be an elopement to Gretna Green and then it will u-turn more than Lizz Truss and will turn into this big performative “wedding” that will actually be an announcement party to all their other friends and family that they did and they’re wed.
This made me think, I think it's quite telling that she's suddenly embarrassed and doesn't want people to be looking at her. I imagine having Joel glued to you is quite embarrassed.

I'd want to hide too.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Why does he feel the need to repost things like this....It screams insecurity.....'Look I'm a nice guy really' Joel you are a 35 year old man for God's sake get a grip........
Screenshot_20221114-185208_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 23
I honestly do somewhat feel bad about all this, mainly because Carrie has totally backed herself into a corner and created a sunk cost fallacy for herself. It HAS to work, she's put too much pride and anger into lashing out. I'm not defending her, she's a grown woman that's made decisions for herself but when the inevitable black note screenshot "Joel and I have decided to go our separate ways" comes out it'll be mortifying

Reactions: 36
Yeah, my guess is this: either they’ll be married super quickly, within the next few weeks, or this whole thing won’t happen at all. Joel needs to get this over with soon.
Could you imagine if they're married by Christmas this year?
Joel may want to get in before she mourns her one-year dumpaversary from Oliver

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I honestly do somewhat feel bad about all this, mainly because Carrie has totally backed herself into a corner and created a sunk cost fallacy for herself. It HAS to work, she's put too much pride and anger into lashing out. I'm not defending her, she's a grown woman that's made decisions for herself but when the inevitable black note screenshot "Joel and I have decided to go our separate ways" comes out it'll be mortifying
If they don’t get married within the next few weeks, I’m expecting a message exactly like that in February.

Reactions: 15
A friend of mine got married in docs - white docs that she bought to go with her wedding dress.
She got married 12 years ago.

Just putting that out there so Carrie knows her idea is in no way original if she was thinking of doing the same

• Haha
Reactions: 30
They are going to Disney and then Iceland in January aren't they? Maybe that's the honeymoon

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.