Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bubbledoggyyeah

Chatty Member
Lurker here - I may be unpopular posting this as I will admit I really have no idea who Carrie is or what she does (musical theatre? Not my bag) but I came across this thread a few months ago and have been quite engrossed in the her/Joel situation. I’m posting as you guys said she reads here and thought maybe coming from someone who really doesn’t have an opinion on her either way may help as she may think the long term fans are jealous or something? I don’t know.

Anyways! What I want to say is… Carrie, get out of that relationship now. It’s not okay. It’s love bombing, it’s toxic. Joel is unhinged. There is no need to move at the speed of light - I’m 32, been with my partner a few years. He’s featured on my Instagram ONCE. That doesn’t mean we don’t adore each other. This constant posting is really a huge red flag. Please leave as I worry for you.

Reactions: 46

Vivid258

WHY DOES HE KEEPING REFERRING TO HER AS HIS WIFE?
It’s really irritating, he keeps giving her his surname already and saying she’s his wife. That’s not how it works, you need a wedding for that first 🤦‍♀️ Are things not moving fast enough for him that he has to keep saying wife already?

It’s just been really irritating me 😝

• Haha

TheUnknownLaura

VIP Member
Good grief I’ve never felt so disgusted watching someone drink a coffee - the chin wobble makes me feel physically sick

• Haha
  • Sick

Katiemay19

7DFE7311-3962-4947-AABE-18A4075B33E4.jpeg
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂 nonononononononononoooooooooooo- they’re going to take over the world (whether Carrie wants too or not is still up for debate)

• Haha
  • Wow

onasidequest

VIP Member
"Choose kindness" is the new "thank you for your feedback" and it's passive aggressive as heck.

She's officially lost my concern. I'm just going to sit here watching the car crash happen and not feel a shred of sympathy towards her. It takes a lot for someone who dislikes Carrie as much as I do, that I even felt concern for her wellbeing in the first place. I wouldn't wish a controlling manipulative partner on anyone. But the way she's responded to suggestions of concern from well meaning people is just... I'm done.

salatblader

VIP Member
Shout out to Scott for living his best life at Carrie’s house, making silly Insta stories while Carrie was on her rampant blocking—and—and—lecturing—people—bonanza

• Haha

GrilledCheese

VIP Member
The engagement meal:

Carrie sitting on her phone trying to avoid making eye contact

Joel on his phone planning his next social media post, staring at Carrie like 🤳🤑

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
Carrie, put your phone down for 5 minutes and actually spend time with your boyfriend of 5 minutes.

• Haha

Freeelves

it’s really really worrying how little he uses her name. only ever refers to her, like you say, in a way that he can attach her to him. it makes my skin crawl.

also the wording of “i proposed to her and she went on holiday straight away”!! how often is he going to bring that up in future arguments. he knew she was going on holiday and he chose to propose then wtf.
Agreed! I found this wording so concerning, surely it should be "I proposed to her right before she went on holiday". Like the way he speaks about her is so worrying!

Also does anyone else thinks Carrie's whole demeanor/vibe has changed. Like I remember watching this fun beaming chatty girl in her bedroom who seemed so excited by life whereas now she seems so angry and like her light has gone. I thought this before Joel tbh but I think it's gotten worse, like she just seems so lost about herself. I understand we grow up but it seems she's just gotten bitter and a bit empty which is a weird way to describe someone who is recently engaged. I dunno something just seems off especially in that video.

Accionoodles

VIP Member
He’s reposted Carrie’s story sharing his original story of their meal out together … why?! The previous story on his page is the original story he posted in the first place 🤯

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44

onasidequest

VIP Member
It scares me how much we joke/predict stuff and it comes true. I don't know if it's because he's scrolling through here looking for ideas. Or because so many women on here have been in similar situations with men and recognise the patterns in behaviour.

Makes me so sad that so many of you have had to go through this shite.

• Heart

Sanctified

VIP Member
They have literally broadcast their entire relationship online. First date? Broadcast. Joel going to her shows, meeting her fans and signing merch? Broadcast. Holidays? Broadcast. Joel moping because Carrie is working? Broadcast. Engagement? Broadcast. Random lunches at cafes? Broadcast. Joel moping because Carrie's on holiday? Broadcast. Joel's tattoo? Broadcast.

wtf is she on about

• Haha

atomic

Her family and Scott not even acknowledging Joel in that video is SOOOO telling! My parents would let me greet my partner first but they absolutely would come over to see them too, if she was waiting there for me.
Bet they are shitting themselves he’s going to pull out another ten T-shirts with “WELCOME HOME #FLETCHERFAM” emblazoned on them 🤢
I honestly cannot explain the ick he gives me. I genuinely have never felt it so strongly. I get people like different things in a partner but I genuinely cannot see one attractive thing about Joel. He is just a walking, talking, Tshirt printing, work skiving, badly tattooed, red flag waving ICK!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

AvaKnight

Chatty Member
So I have been on holiday (what timing....) and have been attempting to catch up - not quite there, but I have a theory. Carrie was always saying nobody had a bad thing to say about Joel and this is what she liked so much. OK, sure. I have now come to the conclusion this is because people are terrified he will just fucking murder them. This man is just.....unhinged.

• Haha

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
New sequel to "When the Curtain Falls" should be "When Reality Dawns" or "When the Shit Hits the Fanboy"

• Haha

ladylulu

Recap:

12 days of Joelmas puke
Joel has an Etsy store and made shirts for everyone in the Fletcher family
Joel got a massive arm tattoo saying "I love you in every universe" cringe
Joel made a joint Montague Instagram for them
Carrie should be home now in the UK Girl RUN

• Wow
  • Haha

GrilledCheese

VIP Member
Recap:

- Joel has created a new Instagram "allthingsmontegue"

- Joel confirmed they got engaged on 21 Oct, meaning they were together for a whole 24 weeks

- Joel got the Fletchers matching t-shirts to wear on holiday (from the Etsy store he runs that has a creepy folder dedicated to Carrie). He made a t-shirt for himself so he wasn't left out and then uploaded photoshopped images of him next to the Fletchers holiday photos

- Joel spent the entire holiday crying on Instagram opening toys

- he also got a tattoo for her, 6 months into the relationship

• Sick
  • Haha

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Yeah like we can say what we want about them being mismatched / her clearly caring more than he did / etc. But at the end of the day they did have a connection that was fostered over 5 years. Even if the romantic spark went out, they still knew and cared for each other in a way that grew over time, rather than jumping into married on the first date.
Yeah, I don't think Oliver would have wasted five of his best years on someone he didn't care about (as he was often accused of). They did love each other (but wow, the footage from The Addams Family was sooo telling, they were absolutely all over each when they were both still in relationships), and then at some point he wasn't in love anymore. Happens. And it would have been ok for Carrie to take loads of time to get over that heartbreak. But she never learns and never changes (for the better) and was desperate for another man to validate her existence. That's how we're all in this shitshow now, but for Carrie, it's her actual life. Think about that. Scary :/

• Sad