Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Carrie Hope Fletcher #41: First we cringed, then Joel became unhinged. Praying for a runaway bride, even Tattle's on her side!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

chubbabun

New comments on her Disney post

C58D9C33-F9C5-4E78-A92D-024584277CCC.jpeg

832EEEBE-48AF-41FC-806A-DB9C716F4120.jpeg

(Edited to add; if anyone here on Tattle has left these comments, just a reminder it’s best not to admit to it here)

• Wow
  • Heart

Jansim

I have a friend who has worked with Carrie on a couple of shows, and is currently working in the West End, I don't know anything about an intervention, but I bought up the subject of Carrie and Joel when I spoke to them yesterday, and the Tatler that said a few posts back that the West End is saying WTF! is spot on. Apparently that's exactly what they are saying, they are becoming a bit of a laughing stock after the 12 days of Joelmas.

• Haha

mushkala

Chatty Member
f867d4640965fc6fbb007c1945d90ac3.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Carrie remember what happiness looked and felt like. You don't have to settle!!!! 30 is not old!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67

allthemyths

Doesn't quite fit the topic (sorry!), yet I want to get it off my chest quickly: I am happy and strangely touched to see how quickly this thread has become a place of positivity (in the form of shared experiences with bad relationships, for example) and sincere concern for her well being. That's not even a bit of a given, especially not for Tattle. But it just goes to show that most of us here are (former) fans and sympathisers of Carrie who, even after countless years, genuinely want her to be okay and safe.

I hope that she is taking a little time for herself right now and perhaps coming to her senses. Even if it only just dawns on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Poothe

VIP Member
I think she’s just in bed catching up on all the Tattle threads. It’s practically a full time job these days.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66

Velocinaptor2

Chatty Member
FE48BDCB-1F2E-4A4D-B445-1C04A95E0F3D.jpeg

I have it on good authority that they’ve both been so quiet because Joel had another tattoo appointment this morning 😅

Long time lurker, had to finally post because HOLY SHIT…

• Haha
Reactions: 64

awkwardjellyfish

I can’t say much but I’ve heard on the grapevine that there’s an intervention incoming. If Carrie isn’t already having doubts about this whole sorry saga, expect to see her distancing herself from friends fairly soon.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

Skye green

Chatty Member
I’ve been engaged a week and I’m worried I’m not doing it right. I haven’t given my fiancé a present every time we are apart. I haven’t got a large tattoo in dedication to him. I haven’t got his whole family matching t shirts and had one made for myself. I have taken a lot of pictures of my ring though so at least I’m doing something right 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 61

AvaKnight

Chatty Member
Right. I am (broadly speaking) up to date on....this *gestures at the C&J shitshow*

I mean, I could go ON given all the absolute shit that has happened over the past few weeks, but I don't think I could cover things as eloquently as many fellow Tattlers. But I do want to say two things (probably not as concisely as I should....)

1) Those SA messages (absolute credit to you, @LilytheSunflower - I really hope I have the right handle - you handled yourself beautifully given a really challenging subject, especially with Joel managing to be a special kind of absolute bellend. I am so bloody sorry for what you experienced, both personally and because of Joel). To me, in those messages, Joel shows who he is. What's the saying, 'when people show you who they are, believe them'? Well, Carrie, there's your future husband. Unable to listen to sense, reason, showing himself to be entirely incapable of supporting SA and SH survivors. Reading those messages, I was absolutely disgusted but not at all surprised - but the idea he can support and excuse the behaviour of such despicable people is truly upsetting. As I know will be the case for so many of us here, I experienced SA and SH, unfortunately at the hands of a family member. I was told to my face I was a liar. That pain has stayed with me; years of counselling has helped and continues to help - but the idea such an odious man with such heinous opinions is someone Carrie wants to legally attach herself to is honestly sickening. I'm not expressing myself well; a combination of anger and jet lag. Men like him are the reason I keep my story locked in a very small box, away from questioning and away from judgement.

2) I have been married a long time. I am very, very lucky. We knew early on, had been friends, and there isn't a day that goes by I don't feel grateful for the partnership I have. If I could ever give any kind of advice to anyone - but, really, what I mean is if I could give any advice to Carrie right now....people will tell you marriage is hard. That every day is a challenge. But actually - marriage can be easy. But ONLY when you are married to the right person. Engagement, wedding? It's nothing. The wedding especially; it's one day. You have to know that you are going into something that will hopefully last for your lifetime. I'm going to be celebrating close to 2 decades in a few years; but it barely feels like it. Because we chose each other then, and continue to choose each other now. Not because of a fairytale or a wish to tick a box by a certain point. It's your life and you only get one, do you ever want to look back and think 'shit, I made the wrong choice?'

Lastly - where is the fucking joy?! I remember being recently engaged and felt like I was on cloud sodding nine - I haven't seen anything even close to that from Carrie? I'm conscious that photos and even videos only offer a very small snapshot of life, but even so. She looked so resigned when she saw him at the airport; if its like that now, how does she expect it to be ten, fifteen, twenty years down the line? It's really, really sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I would have so much more respect for Carrie if she was honest with herself and got the hell out of this toxic relationship car crash, Carrie if you’re reading here you deserve better and you need to open your eyes. No one would judge you if you called off the engagement and broke up, it’s toxic. Please get out of this relationship, it’s not healthy.
I would delete my account and never tattle again if Carrie saw the light, swallowed her pride, and broke free of this man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60