Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Neycroo

Chatty Member
Does anyone know if Joel's dad is in the picture? I only ask because this whole thing is reminding me of a boyfriend I had when I was a teenager.

His dad had died when he was a kid, and his mum had overcompensated and basically given him no boundaries growing up. This led to him being really entitled in relationships with women. You wouldn't necessarily notice it as a friend, but as his girlfriend he was really pushy, guilt trippy, entitled. Would make me feel awful for criticising him or expressing any negative emotions. Would guilt trip me into doing things he wanted that I didn't. Wanted me to stay in touch constantly even when I had other things to do. Made me feel guilty for being ill and not being able to visit him, etc. Sound familiar?

From what we know, Joel's mum seems similar. Probably not for the same reason, but the same effect - inflating his ego, not setting boundaries which leads to a sense of entitlement. We see this in the language he uses, both in that whiny Facebook post about not being nominated for an award, and how possessive and guilt trippy he is when talking about Carrie going away. He likely has a skewed image of what close relationships with women should be like because of it (getting his own way all the time), and will become petulant when this isn't the case.

My ex was also very into proclaiming his love very intensely, saying we were meant to be together, he'd never love anyone else, etc. but it was all about control. I was very insecure at the time, and the guilt tripping and emotional manipulation wore me down. I just thought it was normal and that this was what I deserved. I worry that because Carrie was so heartbroken when she got with Joel that she might think the same. Well, that's not true! No one deserves being treated this way! Hopefully she sees sense before it goes too far.

(Add this into the pile of 'Joel reminds me of my abusive ex' because there's been loads of posts about that now!)
Wasn't the fat guy by Joel's mum in the engagement party photos the dad? 🤔

Livvy22!

Chatty Member
Her friends and family don't see it all. He's only met her family a handful of times
But they are on social media! So either they saw things in person that balances the crazy or they aren’t following the train wreck (and aren’t as supportive as we hope)

Mmmmmm

VIP Member
Joel is making Carrie his entire personality, and that kind of behaviour never ends well

This relationship will crash and burn sooner or later
Just like Carrie and creepy Joel's hot bestie sing it in Treason The Musical "No Happy Ending" unfortunately...

m56

did anyone watch his whole live? anything interesting happen? (other than the horrific tattoo)

talkinghead

Question - i can’t see Carries instagram on my mums account which i have on my phone because she can barely work it. does that happen automatically or has she blocked my mum who doesn’t even know who she is 😂

Even though, according to Scott’s IG story, it’s her famed Halloween party at her house - there look like there’s a lot of people there too

Scott is dressed as one of the witches from hocus pocus it’s Rob but the third isn’t Carrie and she didn’t feature in his first sorry of the night
Joel might of encouraged her to do a joint outfit.. I’m thinking shrek and Fiona?

Do you reckon that if she decides to call it quits w/Joel, she'd admit that she rushed too quickly into it and was loving all of the attention - or would she throw Joel under the bus? Like how she initially said the split with Pete was mutual and on good terms, only to then call him abusive later on?
What happened with Pete? I actually loved the two of them together!

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
I'd said the vast majority of the time she's the one that's done the dumping. Or at least it's been mutual.

Oliver's the first one where she's had her heart ripped out.

But she did the same thing to Charlie so no sympathy here. Took a while for that karma to work it's way back round but woop when it did.
What happened with Charlie? That relationship happened before I started following her. He seemed really sweet in her 18th birthday Disney trip vlog!