Carrie Hope Fletcher #40 Engaged already, what a sham. Have a word #FletcherFam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the way he's put 'she's come home' that I find weird like he didn't expect her to come home. Would 'she's back' not be a bit more appropriate?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
it’s really really worrying how little he uses her name. only ever refers to her, like you say, in a way that he can attach her to him. it makes my skin crawl.

also the wording of “i proposed to her and she went on holiday straight away”!! how often is he going to bring that up in future arguments. he knew she was going on holiday and he chose to propose then wtf.
Right?! He could have just waited and proposed when she got back!

Also, I am all for being comfy on a plane and often don't really care what I look like at the airport, but Carrie's outfit was certainly...a choice... 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Right?! He could have just waited and proposed when she got back!

Also, I am all for being comfy on a plane and often don't really care what I look like at the airport, but Carrie's outfit was certainly...a choice... 🤔
it’s so accusatory! the tone is i proposed to you and you left me. he knew she was going away but he couldn’t resist the urge to make her birthday and holiday (two things she’d been really looking forward to) centred on himself.

Reactions: 42
She wrote in her first book - All I Know Now - that she broke up with a boyfriend (her first boyfriend, I think? I think it was someone before Charlie, and that Charlie broke up with her. This is my assumption from what she wrote). And she dumped Pete and Alex.
Hmm I'd always heard that she broke Charlie's heart and the guy was distraught. I wonder if she doctored the events for the book so she wouldn't look like a witch. We know she's a proper liar, especially when it comes to her relationships. I'd take everything in her book with a fistful of salt.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
it’s really really worrying how little he uses her name. only ever refers to her, like you say, in a way that he can attach her to him. it makes my skin crawl.

also the wording of “i proposed to her and she went on holiday straight away”!! how often is he going to bring that up in future arguments. he knew she was going on holiday and he chose to propose then wtf.
Agreed! I found this wording so concerning, surely it should be "I proposed to her right before she went on holiday". Like the way he speaks about her is so worrying!

Also does anyone else thinks Carrie's whole demeanor/vibe has changed. Like I remember watching this fun beaming chatty girl in her bedroom who seemed so excited by life whereas now she seems so angry and like her light has gone. I thought this before Joel tbh but I think it's gotten worse, like she just seems so lost about herself. I understand we grow up but it seems she's just gotten bitter and a bit empty which is a weird way to describe someone who is recently engaged. I dunno something just seems off especially in that video.

Reactions: 45
Yeah that video of Carrie and Oliver is sad and really hammers home the gravity of her current predicament. While I don’t think Oliver ever matched the intensity of her feelings, he clearly cared for her a lot at one point. I think 2018-2020 was the peak of their relationship. It’s also the time Carrie seemed her happiest overall.

Even scrolling back on her IG feed - she was hanging out with more friends and seeing her family more regularly too. And Oliver features a normal/appropriate amount. I think because of Oliver’s nature it forced Carrie to have more of a life outside of their relationship, which did her the world of good tbh. She was more into fitness and running at this time too.

Oliver was very clearly the love of her life. And she wasn’t his. I’m not sure if covid prolonged their relationship or if it speeded up it’s demise. I lean more towards the former. But, thanks to Oliver, the deeper machinations of their relationship were private. So we’ll ultimately never know.

But the feelings between them were clearly real, and very deeply so on Carrie’s part. Her devastation at their breakup is completely understandable. But it’s so sad the way she’s chosen to deal with those feelings! As per the Joel relationship timeline someone kindly wrote out, she was still heartbroken and seriously struggling when she dm’ed Joel and arranged that first date. Then immediately after that she was plunged into immense happiness? Then a few months later she’s engaged???

And it’s super dodgy to me that right when Tattle clocked that Oliver had a new girlfriend and went to Paris with her is when she had that whole IG ‘keeping it real’ post where she discussed how difficult it was playing Cinderella whilst heartbroken (which got picked up by the daily mail). She was (understandably) gutted to see Oliver had moved on so swiftly. So she ran out to find herself someone new to shield herself from that pain, and to stick it to Oliver? Oh you’ve moved on and look happier than ever?? Well I’m moving on too and I’m gonna do you one better! Actually my new guy is the TRUE love of my life!! AND I’m getting married, so there!!!!!!

But none of it is real! Joel is just excited to have reeled in such a lucrative opportunity. He has more than 10x the IG followers he had prior. A future wife with two properties and a millionaire brother with tons of industry connections. Plus Carrie is a beautiful woman. And then for her, she’s found a guy desperate and pathetic enough to feed her ego with a million pointless disingenuous gestures. He listened to every complaint she probably made to him about what Oliver didn’t do and is ticking off every box one by one.

Even all of this #TheMontagues rubbish that he keeps pushing is part of that. Carrie has spent her whole life coveting what Tom and Gi have. And this is such a hollow performance of what they have!! Those two can actually talk sincerely about being soulmates because they were childhood sweethearts. And been together practically forever through all the ups and downs of growing up. Hell, Tom wrote chart topping hits about his wife.

But tbh most people don’t have Hollywood movie style romances like that in their lives. But it doesn’t mean they can’t have rich meaningful relationships. Which is what Carrie fails to understand. She micromanaged every romantic relationship she’s had. Always trying to push some silly narrative instead of just authentically experiencing her partners for who they were. And now she’s met a guy that’s even more egotistical and unhinged who’s happy to run along with her delusions. And she’s mistaking that for true love!

I’ve lost all hope that behind the scenes Joel’s alright really. At first I thought maybe he’s just social media illiterate. Maybe he’s just a bit inexperienced and overly exuberant! But no, I think he’s a greedy opportunist. He’s inappropriate, possessive, clingy, self absorbed and just plain odd. Carrie is delusional, arrogant and a major pick me. They’re a scary combination tbh. I honestly can’t predict where this is all going, but the whole thing massively skeeves me out.
Still catching up on the warp-speed threads but just wanted to say I fully agree with this. No, Ollie and Carrie were not the perfect couple and obviously the intensity of feelings was a little one-way near the end but you could see plain as day that they liked and respected and even loved each other. It’s obviously easier to see now when we have such an awful comparison.

it’s very telling though that the highlights video doesn’t have any gross staged snogging in all 5 years of their relationship, compared to what could feature in a Jarrie “highlights” (lol) video after 5 months.

Reactions: 14
“She’s come home!!” Jesus Christ, she’s been on holiday for 2 weeks, not fighting in a war for her country for years

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Carrie, if you’re reading this (which we all know you are) consider this question:
If you were still with Oli (and as undeniably happy as you both used to be in the Addams days) and you met Joel. Would he turn your head? Because if the answer is no, you’re settling love. You’re taking what you can get because you think it’s all that’s on offer. if the answer is yes, then more power to ya! But accept that your fiancé is someone that a lot of people around you will not like and you’ll find your social circle decrease even faster.

edit to add in Addams days!

Reactions: 34
Nah..the way she half ran to him at the airport and the look on her face was not someone who is madly in love and who has missed her brand new fiancé!

I’m thinking of a clip of when she went to stay with Oliver when he was working in a theatre somewhere and he filmed her coming around the corner to meet him and she was much more happy and excited than in Joel’s clip!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
We can never be wrong about him anymore, can we? Every single OTT/ridiculous/toxic thing we predicted he'd do, he's done and outdone.

Reactions: 35
The wording he is using is so bad and worrying (and in red?!) really shows his anger about this whole situation that he choose for himself by proposing when he did!!!!!
IMG_20221106_111258.jpg

Again HER plane was delayed Joel not her fault you idiot...
IMG_20221106_111312.jpg

Is that the look of LOVE we can see on Carrie's face?! I really don't think so!!!!!!!!! I knew he bought her flowers as you could spot them in Scott's stories last night. Sad Joel wasn't wearing his Fletcher t-shirt at the airport though 😂😂😂
ALSO if you watch the video carefully you can see Debbie Fletcher and her husband making a swift exit when arriving at the gate instead of going to say hello to Joel it is quite entertaining to watch 😂🍿😂
IMG_20221106_111434.jpg

Carrie 👋👀👋 I would be disgusted too if I had to come back to my own place with creepy Joel Shrek living in. Run Carrie Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Joel, the holiday was planned for ages, you just decided to propose before she left.
Exactly this. The framing is 100% 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

Also - why didn’t he check the arrivals before setting off to the airport? For someone who’s perpetually online it’s a bit odd.

Or did he know and turn up anyway to add fuel to the woe-is-me-we-are-CRUELLY-SEPARATED-BY-FATE narrative? Because if he’s trying to create an us-against-the-world thing… 🚩🚩🚩🚩

Reactions: 29
Nah..the way she half ran to him at the airport and the look on her face was not someone who is madly and love and who has missed her brand new fiancé!
it was the face of oh my god he’s filming me and then a very sad little half-run for appearances on camera.

this whole thing is making me very soft towards carrie tbh. we’ve all been there in wanting a little distraction or confidence boost after a breakup and i think most people can get caught up in a rebound thing. but it’s like joel has just been lying in wait for her the whole time and now he “has” her, he’s just done this intense thing that isn’t even love bombing really, it’s like love grenades over and over, and the whole thing has probably gone too far beyond her.

like i said on the other thread, the fear of what he would do if she actually did leave him must be very present in her mind too.

Reactions: 21
The reel. I cannot. The choice of music suggests she’s been off serving on the front line! And his stupid turned up thing he does with his face. Lord I would have been turning to get back ON the plane if he had been waiting for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The wording he is using is so bad and worrying (and in red?!) really shows his anger about this whole situation that he choose for himself by proposing when he did!!!!!
View attachment 1708461
Again HER plane was delayed Joel not her fault you idiot...
View attachment 1708464
Is that the look of LOVE we can see on Carrie's face?! I really don't think so!!!!!!!!! I knew he bought her flowers as you could spot them in Scott's stories last night. Sad Joel wasn't wearing his Fletcher t-shirt at the airport though 😂😂😂
ALSO if you watch the video carefully you can see Debbie Fletcher and her husband making a swift exit when arriving at the gate instead of going to say hello to Joel it is quite entertaining to watch 😂🍿😂
View attachment 1708467
Carrie 👋👀👋 I would be disgusted too if I had to come back to my own place with creepy Joel Shrek living in. Run Carrie Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also love that you can see Scott behind Buzz just aimlessly looking around anywhere other than Joel 😂 it is funny that literally no one but Carrie seems to spot him or care that he’s there, no one excitedly taps her on the shoulder to point him out or anything not even the kids, if I’d just watched that with no context I’d have assumed she was on the plane just her like they were coming back on a different flight or something

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.