Carrie Hope Fletcher #40 Engaged already, what a sham. Have a word #FletcherFam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Petition to start a serious Tattle intervention. You guys are so good in expressing what’s frightening and worrying about every little thing that Joel does and we know for a fact that Carrie reads on here on a regular basis… I mean, her family and friends are obviously not going to do anything about her ruining her whole life because she got her heart broken at the beginning of the year.

Imo all of this is happening because Carrie never really took care of her mental health. No matter how shouty and arrogant she seems today, I believe that deep down she’s still a terribly, terribly insecure person. She must be so afraid to end up alone; she must still be hurting after what happened with Oliver (again, not his fault). I think the way he shows off Alessia – and just the kind of woman Alessia is in general – is still her worst nightmare which happened to become reality.
I think Carrie is headed for a massive breakdown. You can only suppress your sadness, pain and true feelings for so long until it gets to much. Carrie needs help, does her family not see this is unhinged?!

Reactions: 24
100% this. Carrie if you do read this (and we know that you do) PLEASE know that I for one will not use you calling this engagement off against you. You really do deserve a happy, regular relationship with someone who does adore you but we all know that this isn't the one.

You are not ugly, fat or old because you're 30. Imagine living to 90 with a guy who smothers you because you were wishing your life away half a century before!

I can't even laugh any more, it's genuinely worrying.
I wish she knew it is possible to find a relationship with someone who she loves as much as she clearly loved Oliver, and who is as sure about their relationship as Joel. Or at least, is ready to commit and wants the same things from life like Joel.

It feels like she thinks her current relationship is the best option because Joel is really really sure about her, and she’s not had that before. That’s why, I think, she’s convinced herself that this relationship is better than her relationship with Oliver. When yeah, like I said, I don’t think she fully realises it’s not one or the other. She could have waited to find someone who also wants the marriage and kids thing, and who she’s also totally besotted with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
100% this. Carrie if you do read this (and we know that you do) PLEASE know that I for one will not use you calling this engagement off against you. You really do deserve a happy, regular relationship with someone who does adore you but we all know that this isn't the one.

You are not ugly, fat or old because you're 30. Imagine living to 90 with a guy who smothers you because you were wishing your life away half a century before!

I can't even laugh any more, it's genuinely worrying.
THIS!!!

Surely it’s better to wait until 35 or 40 for the right guy than saddle yourself to the wrong one at 30

I remember crying on my 30th as I wasn’t “where I thought I would be” looking back now I feel stupid I just had to wait and actually if my other half had come into my life at 29 I was still traumatised from an abusive relationship so it may not have worked?!

Carrie prob thinks we’re just trolls but the Red flags are terrifying - and I predict (as I’ve been there) he will 100% be making her feel guilty for going away/leaving him out! Like little comments here and there and then make out he’s joking!

The fans encouraging him to photoshop himself into the family pic as well need to have a word with themselves 🤢

Reactions: 36
I'm new to this thread, I don't really keep up with Carrie anymore but seen the Daily Mail article about the engagement and and went to have a look..she is happy because she's fully in control there,her ex stood up to her,this clown doesn't/won't ever..is this his first relationship?

Reactions: 1
I think Carrie is headed for a massive breakdown. You can only suppress your sadness, pain and true feelings for so long until it gets to much. Carrie needs help, does her family not see this is unhinged?!
They probably do...but let's not underestimate Carrie and her need to be in a relationship, plus she seems really convinced you.need the whole marriage and kids thing by a certain age...we can clearly ser how she reacts to any negativity online, I daresay she'd be the same in person...even with family and friends

It can be really difficult to try and talk to someone who genuinely doesn't think there's anything wrong with their relationship...
Carrie would be the type to turn on her family and tell them they're just overreacting and why don't they want her to be happy...

Reactions: 17
It can be really difficult to try and talk to someone who genuinely doesn't think there's anything wrong with their relationship...
Carrie would be the type to turn on her family and tell them they're just overreacting and why don't they want her to be happy...
Definitely agree with this. We are going through this with my brother (insecure relationship jumper). Engaged within the year, it’s all imploded and now they’re on/off constantly. So much stress for family as we have been through this many times.
If you try to talk to him about what a healthy relationship is like, you’re being “unsupportive” or you get “why don’t you want me to be happy?”
As a family, it pulls you apart when you intervene and until that toxic relationship is finally over, Carrie’s parents won’t see her. They’re probably worried they’ll lose her if they intervene because she will always choose the person (she thinks) gives her security and the best chance for the Disney love story she craves.

Reactions: 37
They probably do...but let's not underestimate Carrie and her need to be in a relationship, plus she seems really convinced you.need the whole marriage and kids thing by a certain age...we can clearly ser how she reacts to any negativity online, I daresay she'd be the same in person...even with family and friends

So true and this is honestly what I figure is going on. You can’t reason with someone like that and that’s exactly how Carrie comes across. Such a shame, this entire thing. At this point it’s just sad, not even funny it’s beyond sad. How did this all happen, and so quickly too?! 🤦🏻‍♀️😳

Reactions: 7
I think Oliver loved her too, sometimes people just fall out of love, it happened to me. Me and my ex had many very happy years together, I just started to fall out of love- nothing particularly happened it's just like we ran out of steam. I still cared for him once we split up but was much happier when we split up; doesn't take away from how we did feel about eachother.

Joel is giving controlling vibes covered up by being smitten. The mini hiatus stuff is basically trying to guilt her for going away with her family, I think it's grim. So intense as well, if people are genuinely in love for no ulterior motive then there's no need for it, you trust the person and know they'll be coming back to you. Its one thing to be mopey and a bit sad, another for whatever the duck that was. She should run very fast and not look back. Hopefully her family and Scott talk some sense into her. I do wonder if she was overwhelmed by the love bombing at a time when she needed a boost and was trying to prove to O she had moved on, and it will start to soon be too much.

Reactions: 15
CHF relationship historians - has she broken up with anyone before? Or has she always been the one dumped?
She wrote in her first book - All I Know Now - that she broke up with a boyfriend (her first boyfriend, I think? I think it was someone before Charlie, and that Charlie broke up with her. This is my assumption from what she wrote). And she dumped Pete and Alex.

Reactions: 2
She wrote in her first book - All I Know Now - that she broke up with a boyfriend (her first boyfriend, I think? I think it was someone before Charlie, and that Charlie broke up with her. This is my assumption from what she wrote). And she dumped Pete and Alex.
Alex did dump her the first time they broke up, but then she ended it after they’d gotten back together, when all of the allegations were coming out. Though it feels like she would have tried for longer if it weren’t for the public backlash. (Actually, after the first breakup she did what she said she did with Oliver; try and convince him to stay/take her back. Only that time it worked. It might just be her response to getting dumped).

Definitely agree with this. We are going through this with my brother (insecure relationship jumper). Engaged within the year, it’s all imploded and now they’re on/off constantly. So much stress for family as we have been through this many times.
If you try to talk to him about what a healthy relationship is like, you’re being “unsupportive” or you get “why don’t you want me to be happy?”
As a family, it pulls you apart when you intervene and until that toxic relationship is finally over, Carrie’s parents won’t see her. They’re probably worried they’ll lose her if they intervene because she will always choose the person (she thinks) gives her security and the best chance for the Disney love story she craves.
Totally agree as well. We went through this with my sister, who dated a much older man, and had a horrible toxic, abusive dynamic. I expressed concern about it once, 1 time, and she blew up at me. Was so angry at me for being unsupportive, not believing that he was her soulmate. The anger lasted months. We couldn’t properly talk about her relationship ever since.

I can see Carrie also responding that way, I mean, we know even the slightest disagreement can really set her off. Sometimes talking to someone about this, confronting them about their relationship, does no good. They can’t get themselves to look honestly at their relationship, so they just see you as the problem for saying anything. If anything you just push them closer together/give the controlling person an opportunity to be like “see! Your family doesn’t want us together, they don’t want good things for you, distance yourself from them”. Sometimes you have to just be there for them and hope they figure it out for themselves.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So Tattlers, it's the final verse of The 12 Days of Joelmas, but fear not, there's still time to join in, so warm up your voices and let's sing proudly!

On the first day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me....a gift card for a takeaway.

On the second day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me....a lego set age 4+ and a giftcard for a takeaway!

On the third day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me....a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the fourth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.....a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the fifth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.....NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the sixth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me......one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the seventh day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me........a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the eighth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the ninth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.......a box of festive chocolates, a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!!

On the tenth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.......a haunted house escape room (RUN CARRIE, RUN!), a box of festive chocolates, a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!!

On the eleventh day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.......a toy for our unconceived child, a haunted house escape room (RUN CARRIE, RUN!), a box of festive chocolates, a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!!

On the tweltth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.......a kindness scented candle, a toy for our unconceived child, a haunted house escape room (RUN CARRIE, RUN!), a box of festive chocolates, a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!!

In other news, rule 101 of making new social media accounts, especially when it may become "their thing" is to register all domain and social media handles, which hasn't been done!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Joel blatantly asking people to hook them up for a Disney trip is so infuriating…
Just save up like everyone else need to do. Selfish idiot

• Haha
Reactions: 37
This whole thing isn’t entertaining anymore. It’s really embarrassing and sad. Carrie, if you’re reading here, we’re not out to get you. We don’t want to see you miserable. Please, step back and let your friends and family tell you how they feel about it all. It might open your eyes to how toxic this relationship is.

Reactions: 40
Really thought it would be all systems go when she got back. At least a ‘back with the love of my life/fiancé’ selfie post. But… radio silence. Somethings going on, I’m sure of it.

Also, as everyone’s saying: Carrie, if you read here, we genuinely just want you out of this now. It’s not healthy. It’s obsessive and scary. You don’t need to prove anything to anyone, just do what you need to do and start the healing process, both from the Oliver break up and this weird obsessive love bombing

Reactions: 26
My sister is so similar to Carrie, she ran full throttle into a relationship with a guy 10 years her junior, moved him in within a month of dating, we told her to slow down and received the full anger blowout of how unsupportive we were. She changed from speaking to us and seeing us regularly to maybe a txt message once a month. Their social media was so gross and love sick. They eloped to Las Vegas to get marrried in May… they were separated by August…. Reality hit home that she was going to be stuck with this absolute bell end for the rest of her life and saw the light thankfully. He’s now taking her for half of everything. She’s a mug…. Just like Carrie.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
The thing is with this kind of situation is that people in Carries life could say to her how wrong it all is and how Joel isn't a good thing for her but until she sees it herself she will never leave the relationship. I've seen it so much in my own life with people I love and there's only so much you can do, if Carrie wants this to be her life right now she will be set on it, which is the most depressing bit.

Reactions: 20
I can't believe the speed of these threads especially since Carrie's been silent

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Putting down my prediction that the wedding will be on the anniversary. Although looks like that’s a Wednesday in 2023 so probs a long shot.
A Wednesday wedding would be hilarious as an homage to her playing Wednesday Addams alongside Oli though

In Scotts insta story for bonfire night with Carrie she isn’t wearing her ring is she?
In fairness I don't wear my engagement ring to sleep or shower so she may have genuinely taken it off as part of getting ready for bed

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.