Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of the sheet music thing, one of her most recent IGTV posts shows everyone from Cinderella reading from sheet music...her included, as if she actually can understand it. Wonder how often she tells everyone in this show that it's not necessary.....

Reactions: 3
Speaking of the sheet music thing, one of her most recent IGTV posts shows everyone from Cinderella reading from sheet music...her included, as if she actually can understand it. Wonder how often she tells everyone in this show that it's not necessary.....
To be fair, sheā€™s probably using the sheet music for the lyrics only.

Reactions: 2
Shame Ashh backtracked, by the looks of those responses lots of people have similar feelings. But I guess the potential backlash from Carrie fans scared her off.

Also I find it really creepy when Carrie is overly nice to someone when they challenge her. Putting a "<3" at the end of the message when we just know she was probably fuming makes it seems really sinister lol.

Reactions: 11
Someone mentioned an interview where Carrie said someone was sending people mail claiming it was from her? Could anyone tell me more about that or tell me where I could find the interview?

Someone mentioned an interview where Carrie said someone was sending people mail claiming it was from her? Could anyone tell me more about that or tell me where I could find the interview?
That was me - I don't remember who the interview was for, I just followed a link from her stories at the time. Seemed like some small radio station and I think there were two men interviewing her. She said that when she was Fantine, someone had sent her friends and costars letters claiming to be from her that were really crude and used photos of her. Really creepy, I don't quite remember the details. But the fact that someone would go to all that trouble and go out of their way to send physical copies to famous people about her... That's so disgusting and terrifying.

Reactions: 2

Notable moments:
31:40 - 'If you end this guest spot you end this relationship' 'oh.. alright. I don't love you that much anyway'
32:33 - 'you're tidying there but you never tidy here'
34:48 - 'he is a very very good looking guy'
There was no need to bring up Oliver again in that live stream when Pete joined. It didnā€™t relate to anything they were talking about, she just wanted an excuse to talk about him again! But yeah you can definitely tell sheā€™s lost interest in Pete at this point. Also, now after seeing the lockdown videos sheā€™s admitted to fancying Oliver from when they first met, so when this live stream happened she definitely had feelings for him which is probably why she kept bringing him up for no reason.

Reactions: 5
The impression her attitude towards Pete gives off in that video is that she was interested in Oliver and Pete could sense it and was uncomfortable about it. Then she was perhaps gaslighting him that he was paranoid and itā€™s ā€œjust her jobā€ all the while taunting him and toying with him, not to mention publicly humiliating him. If true, a much more cruel and heartless version of how she toys with her followers. Just my personal guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The impression her attitude towards Pete gives off in that video is that she was interested in Oliver and Pete could sense it and was uncomfortable about it. Then she was perhaps gaslighting him that he was paranoid and itā€™s ā€œjust her jobā€ all the while taunting him and toying with him, not to mention publicly humiliating him. If true, a much more cruel and heartless version of how she toys with her followers. Just my personal guess.

I think you hit the nail on the head here.

Also, I know I'm on delicate ground with this so I want to clarify that I know relationships are very complex and a victim doesn't always have to fit a certain mould to be valid. But I find it harder to believe that Pete was some terrible, violent "JD-like" abuser when we see how horribly Carrie acted towards him and how she was always so patronising as if she was trying to wind him up. If someone had a tendency to flip out and get angry would you really try so hard to constantly antagonize them?

Reactions: 6
Just watched he latest video and if you made a drinking game out of every time she says my or mine itā€™d be a fun night šŸ™ƒ Also love how sheā€™s making such a big deal out of the set up of this concert but (apart from her being in a theatre rather than her own home) it sounds very very similar to the Leave a Light on concerts for theatre cafe at least in terms of the reasons she gave for saying yes... But she never replied to the Leave a Light on email? I understand she said it made her anxious and thatā€™s completely fair enough but part of me is wondering if the fact that now she can say ā€œlook at me I held a solo at the London colosseumā€ helped

I think you hit the nail on the head here.

Also, I know I'm on delicate ground with this so I want to clarify that I know relationships are very complex and a victim doesn't always have to fit a certain mould to be valid. But I find it harder to believe that Pete was some terrible, violent "JD-like" abuser when we see how horribly Carrie acted towards him and how she was always so patronising as if she was trying to wind him up. If someone had a tendency to flip out and get angry would you really try so hard to constantly antagonize them?
I think it also speaks volumes about how she sees people. Comparing Pete to JD doesn't even make any sense. JD isn't a very complex character in my opinion (compared to other characters in film and tv etc.). He is also a complete psychopath šŸ˜…

Carrie has always been very black and white about "good" and "bad" people which is so damaging when it comes to relationships, and I think her describing Pete as JD really shows that.

Reactions: 11
I think it also speaks volumes about how she sees people. Comparing Pete to JD doesn't even make any sense. JD isn't a very complex character in my opinion (compared to other characters in film and tv etc.). He is also a complete psychopath šŸ˜…

Carrie has always been very black and white about "good" and "bad" people which is so damaging when it comes to relationships, and I think her describing Pete as JD really shows that.
just like her insistence that Gryffindor = Good, Slytherin = Bad. (Side note: she has no Gryffindor characteristics at all)

Reactions: 6

She also though Veronica was a kind disney princess character who just wanted to make the world beautiful.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
just like her insistence that Gryffindor = Good, Slytherin = Bad. (Side note: she has no Gryffindor characteristics at all)
She is absolutely not a Gryffindor maybe when was actually nice at one point but definitely not now. She's a Death Eater if anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I would have thought she identified as a ravenclaw because of her ā€œbook smartsā€. Most people I know would rather be a ravenclaw than gryffindor

Yeah, she's definitely got a lot more Slytherin traits and that's not even meant in a bad way. She clearly has some drive and ambition, even if it seems more a desire to be seen as the best rather than pushing herself to outright be the best (e.g. the triple threat thing - she doesn't need to be one because she doesn't regard that status as worthwhile). Her self-preservation is second to none but you can tell she still highly values family and connections too.

Obviously a lot of people are still going to view Slytherin negatively because it was written to be quite the 'evil' caricature but if we've learnt anything, it's that Harry Potter no longer belongs to R*wling and her narrative. It's evolved into something so much bigger. Death of the Author and all that. šŸ¤·
Accept the snake, Carrie.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder what sheā€™ll do regarding the London Marathon seeing as itā€™s been cancelled in its usual format. Will she take part in the virtual one or wait until next October for the proper race?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.