Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, I know I’ll get stick for being suckered in by the whole ‘woe is me’ routine but… dare I say it… this last post has made me feel for her because I totally know what she means!

I was an actress for 9 years (trained in MT at one of the ‘top 3’) and worked in the West End. Whenever you get cast as the ‘pretty one’ or love interest, it is, rightly or wrongly, a boost for the ego. Likewise, when you’re cast the other way, it hurts. Sure, you’re pleased to be working and of course you know it’s pretend and not about you, but you were cast as that part so you start to think you musthave similarities, particularly if you’re cast that way time and time again. So I get how those insecurities can eat away, particularly when you’re feeling vulnerable and I do feel sorry for her.

she does need to sort that professional account out, though. She’s not going to be sub-30 forever and the roles will dry up. Whether we like it or not, MT favours size 6-8 twenty somethings, so she really has got to be taken seriously if she’s going to keep working….
this is so interesting, somebody close to me is just starting out in the industry and I agree with so much you have said particularly size which, unfortunately, Carrie is right about.

But she really needs to think about her ‘shop front’, it’s incredibly unprofessional! She is of course allowed to feel however she feels but I don’t think she’s doing it on the right platform!

Reactions: 5
On the other side we have Oliver posting selfies (of course) and random pics with no context 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree, when I was training we were told that all social media needed to be clean and tidy. Positive posts only and used primarily as a marketing tool. Oliver’s posts are weird (and thirsty) but they’re in line with what he would have been taught.

That being said, I think we’ve established Carrie is not a regular industry girl. There is no way she would have got through the door at Cam Mack had she not had the following she did. She was highly inexperienced (soz, but junior roles don’t count) and untrained and (I’m sorry) she’s not a traditional looking MT girl . Her YouTube channel got her to where she is now, whatever she says. Her agents only took her on as a ‘wait and see’ because even they weren’t wholly convinced. And the reason that channel is successful is because she does give over aspects of her personal life- if she stopped doing that, her ‘influencer’ side hustle could suffer and if (or more, when) the roles dry up, she would be left with no real career. And because she didn’t enter the profession in the traditional way, I think she truly believes those kind of social media ‘rules’ don’t apply.

Reactions: 13
Can’t wait for Carrie’s “30, flirty and thriving” posts later on this year

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Annnnd she sinks to a new professional low. OMG stop it Carrie.
Sorry but where are we going here? Does she think Cinderella is sending her into depths of depression and depravity like when Heath Ledge played Joker? Carrie you're in an expensive pantomime. It bears no relevance to your apparent soul searching exercises on social media. Silly girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m sorry if she can’t separate herself from the words a character is saying to another character then she needs some therapy. The show ain’t about you Carrie, the words are not aimed at you and nobody thinks your Cinderella ffs

Edited coz of typos lol

I read Carrie’s caption to mean that she’s taking these words to heart now because she doesn’t have any reassurance at home anymore and her insecurities might be saying “these things must be true, that’s why they hired you and that’s why he left”.
This interpretation may be because of my own intrusive thoughts and that’s what I’d be thinking 😂

That being said, Oliver in his boxers- no thanks- seems like tit for tat/ scouting for someone new. Also, any younger kids who have insta may look up the guy playing Hans (my class of 10-11 year olds all have insta).
*edit* not exactly Disney friendly!
I personally don’t mind Carrie’s trying to be sexy phase, it’s better than being sickly sweet and everyone’s big sister. Aaaaand this thread is more fun because of it! But that’s just me!😂

Reactions: 14
"A hag no one will shag" Is that an actual lyric? I've seen the show and I don't even remember ...
Lol, no, she's exaggerating massively. The stepmother calls her shockingly plain which is hardly a huge assault on 'her' looks. Georgina is gorgeous even in the dodgy costume but guess what it's just a role!
I mean the Prince is repeatedly called plain and disappointing but is played by an extremely beautiful looking man so you know... Acting! I doubt Ivano's crying into his vodka that it's hurting his self esteem.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
If only Carrie had the time and resources and money for therapy … absolutely no need to share this stuff on a business page. It is a business page as it’s her marketing tool for whatever she is shilling currently

Reactions: 10
Okay, don't try to come for me.lol

I feel sorry for Carrie. I don't think she is a bad person just deeply flawed but who isn't. Anyway.

If Peter was abusive it makes sense that she wasn't that sad they broken up, also she had already checked out of that relationship.

I think she had a lot invested in her relationship with Oliver and this broke her. Oliver had checked out long before that but Carrie wasn't done.

I feel sorry for her.

I bet she is at that stage where you wake up and for a few seconds you forget everything sucks and then BOOM pain.

Also, like I said I feel sorry for her as you'd feel sorry when you witness a train wreck. She needs help.

Reactions: 16
also, where are her friends right now? if this was one of my friends (i’ve had friends go through tit breakups where they get obsessive/depressed) and they were posting constantly about this, i’d be moving in for the month and confiscating their social passwords. think so many of her friendships are false

also, where are her friends right now? if this was one of my friends (i’ve had friends go through tit breakups where they get obsessive/depressed) and they were posting constantly about this, i’d be moving in for the month and confiscating their social passwords. think so many of her friendships are false
Unfortunately it's difficult to know if Carrie has many "true" friends who would do this for her.
You'd think Tom or Gi would step in if Carrie was struggling this much

Reactions: 8
She is is just making things about herself again it's tragic. Seriously. Does she really think Cinderella is about her. Of course she does.
She craves the sympathy and just doesn't seem to grasp or care that we can see right through it all.
Someone needs to just smack her across the face and tell her to get her act together and stop acting like a 12 year old

So Carrie when you read this just remember to get a grip and stop trying to claim the Sympathy card.

Reactions: 6
A lot of her friends are busy musical theatre performers who might want to stage an intervention but can't. And Carrie might well be too deep in the stage of insisting she's fine and better than ever and refusing to accept help

Reactions: 1
All of her “friends” are hyping her up in the comments because they are an nothing but a bunch of yes men.

Reactions: 15
We get it, Carrie. You and Oliver broke up. If you can't separate yourself from the character, then maybe it's time for you to leave the show. Why doesn't she have a therapist or something?

Reactions: 15
FFS so she was happy to "be Cinderella" and sign things off as Cinderella and make the entire production about her when it suited her.

She really can't understand the boundaries between the stage and real life can she.

I hope she never plays the part of a murderer or someone suicidal, is all I can say.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.