Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From 6:55, Carrie talks about an audition she had where she wasn't offered the part, but she was in the finals for the role. They then came back to her 6 months later, offering her the part, and she said no because she felt they should have the integrity to stick to their decision. Is it just me, or is this an odd stance to take? If the person they hired over her had to back out due to something, then they would need another person for the role, and so it would surely make sense to go to people who went to the finals during the audition process. This happens in job interview life sometimes, too, where people get thought of later...

That's hilarious. There are endless amounts of stories of iconic characters played in movies, TV shows etc that weren't the director/producers initial choice. Pure bratty diva behaviour turning it down because they should "have the integrity to stick to their decision" lmfao. God that makes me laugh. There are a million reasons their first choice could have fell through. She really does live in her own little privileged world.

Reactions: 13
She has such a strange and immature outlook on the world and life. She's stuck in this strange warped bubble of her late teens/early 20s. Guess that's what years of talking into a lens and creating an echo chamber does for you.

It's a bit worrying that she is Influencing young impressionable people that thats a healthy attitude to have.

Reactions: 12
From 6:55, Carrie talks about an audition she had where she wasn't offered the part, but she was in the finals for the role. They then came back to her 6 months later, offering her the part, and she said no because she felt they should have the integrity to stick to their decision. Is it just me, or is this an odd stance to take? If the person they hired over her had to back out due to something, then they would need another person for the role, and so it would surely make sense to go to people who went to the finals during the audition process. This happens in job interview life sometimes, too, where people get thought of later...

The way she’s worded it is like they changed their mind and asked her and she said they should have the integrity of their original choice?

Sounds like she didn’t get picked. The first casting choice dropped out for whatever reason and they went back to the finalists.

Not that they changed their minds and came looking for her and she was able to say you didn’t pick me originally so do one
It doesn’t work like that 😂

Reactions: 6
Guess that's what years of talking into a lens and creating an echo chamber does for you.
THIS! I think youtubing and making an income from it actually messes some people up in the head - depends on the youtuber I guess, but I see it so often.

THIS! I think youtubing and making an income from it actually messes some people up in the head - depends on the youtuber I guess, but I see it so often.
Completely agree, youtubers really seem to struggle with reality and social norms when they get to their mid to late 20s having spent so much of their life living through social media

Reactions: 5
Sebastian Stan took a role on, because Chris Captain America Evans, could no longer do it due to scheduling conflicts. Is Carrie Hope Fletcher trying to tell the multiverse, that she's bigger than a couple of Marvel actors?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She was very privileged to be in a position where she could turn it down

Reactions: 4
She was very privileged to be in a position where she could turn it down
But did it happen? Really?
Or just her way of telling her peers in a round about way that she so could’ve had that role if she wanted...so there
What are we guessing?
Waitress? Where she tried to allude that she was waaaay too young to play Jenna even though Lucie Jones is the same age?
She’d kill to play Elphaba or Glinda so no way she’d turn those down.

Be interesting to see what comes next for her. Once you’ve ‘created’ a role you don’t go into established shows as the lead on cast 27

Reactions: 2
I’m on the train home from London and the family in the seats in front of me have just been to see Cinderella. Their daughter is about 6 so I think they thought it was a traditional Cinderella, perhaps without the topless men and humping in the wings 😂

• Haha
But did it happen? Really?
Or just her way of telling her peers in a round about way that she so could’ve had that role if she wanted...so there
What are we guessing?
Waitress? Where she tried to allude that she was waaaay too young to play Jenna even though Lucie Jones is the same age?
She’d kill to play Elphaba or Glinda so no way she’d turn those down.

Be interesting to see what comes next for her. Once you’ve ‘created’ a role you don’t go into established shows as the lead on cast 27
It may have been Waitress, but she definitely can't use the age thing - Olivia Moore understudied Jenna and she is younger than Carrie

Wait what happened?
Chris was due to play the crooked cop/sheriff character in The Devil All The Time (with Tom Holland) but he couldn't do it any more because of shooting schedules. Sebastian Stan picked up the role. Can you imagine if he turned round and said 'maybe you should've gone with the Winter Soldier as your first choice'?

Well Carrie has not won a Grammy - The Unofficial Bridgerton Musical won (I’m so pleased for them)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It may have been Waitress, but she definitely can't use the age thing - Olivia Moore understudied Jenna and she is younger than Carrie
Oh I know.
But she definitely said she was too young to play Jenna.
Sounds like someone went for the part and didn’t get it

Well Carrie has not won a Grammy - The Unofficial Bridgerton Musical won (I’m so pleased for them)
To be fair, Carrie did say in her IG live today that she was rooting for them because she admires how they went from a TikTok sensation to possibly winning a Grammy. She seemed genuine tbh :D

Reactions: 4
To be fair, Carrie did say in her IG live today that she was rooting for them because she admires how they went from a TikTok sensation to possibly winning a Grammy. She seemed genuine tbh :D
It’s easy to be magnanimous when you know Cinderella didn’t have a snowball’s chance in Hell of winning.
Carrie thinks she’s won a Grammy already so...🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.