Carrie Hope Fletcher #16 Sad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your weight does not define you. Nor should it prevent you from taking a starring role in a production.
She's hardly fat ffs? She's got a lovely curvy figure that some women would love.
I love how diverse all the queens are on six, all shapes and sizes.
If her dress needs adjusting so be it 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Your weight does not define you. Nor should it prevent you from taking a starring role in a production.
She's hardly fat ffs? She's got a lovely curvy figure that some women would love.
I love how diverse all the queens are on six, all shapes and sizes.
If her dress needs adjusting so be it 🤷‍♀️
I agree with this. However in one of their lockdown videos they did discuss it briefly and Oliver said you are expected to stay roughly the same size because of costumes etc. Also same with hair and beards etc

Reactions: 6
I agree with this. However in one of their lockdown videos they did discuss it briefly and Oliver said you are expected to stay roughly the same size because of costumes etc. Also same with hair and beards etc
That's understandable but our bodies naturally fluctuate. Unless she's putting on stones I don't think a few lbs here and there would make a difference. I personally don't think she has put any weight on?
Christ I've gained 1.5 stone over the last couple of years due to illness. Now that's packing on some pounds!
I genuinely think Carrie has a lovely figure, she's built very much like my eldest and she's studying in performing arts and I would hate to think she was less likely to get a role because she was naturally more curvy, I'd like to think it went on ability and talent. My daughter has a wonderful figure that she should celebrate.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That's understandable but our bodies naturally fluctuate. Unless she's putting on stones I don't think a few lbs here and there would make a difference. I personally don't think she has put any weight on?
Christ I've gained 1.5 stone over the last couple of years due to illness. Now that's packing on some pounds!
I genuinely think Carrie has a lovely figure, she's built very much like my eldest and she's studying in performing arts and I would hate to think she was less likely to get a role because she was naturally more curvy, I'd like to think it went on ability and talent. My daughter has a wonderful figure that she should celebrate.
I wasn’t commenting on Carries weight I think she is fine I was just saying that apparently putting on a lot or drastic change of appearance during a show run apparently is an issue

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I don’t think casting should be about weight unless the role calls for it specifically (eg Tracy Turnblad). I saw a post a while ago that said that it was a bit jarring seeing Carrie play Fantine when she’s meant to be starving/desperate. I can kind of see where they’re coming from with that point too.

Carrie doesn’t get her roles based on talent and ability unfortunately and that’s where theatre can be a bit cruel to those who really work for it cause they miss out to bigger names. I hope your daughter finds success though x

Reactions: 5
A
I wasn’t commenting on Carries weight I think she is fine I was just saying that apparently putting on a lot or drastic change of appearance during a show run apparently is an issue
I was watching Zoe Birkett chatting on her stories saying she was having to eat loads to keep up with how much energy she was using in the Moulin Rouge shows. That show looks amazing!

Thank you. I hope she does too. It's a very cut throat world in show business isn't it 😬

Reactions: 3
I was watching Zoe Birkett chatting on her stories saying she was having to eat loads to keep up with how much energy she was using in the Moulin Rouge shows. That show looks amazing!
I went to see Mouline Rouge a few weeks ago and it is incredible! Definitely go if you get the chance!

Reactions: 7
I went to see Mouline Rouge a few weeks ago and it is incredible! Definitely go if you get the chance!
I hit Frozen on New Year’s Eve and Moulin Rouge on New Year’s Day, was in row E and my god it really is a spectacular spectacular.
A19149CA-76B5-42C2-BD18-2C70F8B96A17.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 11
It looks totally amazing. Trying to convince the husband to take me to London for a few days as there's so many I want to see right now.
Finally ticking off Dreamgirls later this month, it's been on my list for so long!
If I lived near London I'd be trying to see as many as possible.
Daughter is heading to see Heathers this week!

Reactions: 4
I saw Moulin Rouge last week. OH MY GOD! It was amazing. Incredible show. Some great songs used. And the incredible cast were stunning.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Haven't kept up with Carrie much over the last couple of years but she appeared on my fyp on tiktok tonight after not seeing her on anywhere for a few months and she had really packed on the weight even more. I'm surprised they allow her to continue acting like that considering how strict so many places are!
The duck is wrong with you

I saw Moulin Rouge last week. OH MY GOD! It was amazing. Incredible show. Some great songs used. And the incredible cast were stunning.
I'm going to London and I have booked tickets for Rouge.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When is cast change for Cinderella? I can't imagine Carrie will stay (is she likely to even be asked?) - I'm trying to think who would be good to replace her (well, for me almost anyone would be better, but....). Unlikely they'll give to to Georgina full time, though she deserves it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.