Carrie Hope Fletcher #14 Hetroflexible with her schedule

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She went to private school right? From her views it’s obvious she was at the bottom of the social food chain so I wonder what she thought of the state school actually working class lot. She only identifies with the working class because she was at the bottom end of the class scale at her private school. She was still solidly middle class, the same way more better off families are at state schools. I hate to know how she see actually working class people and not her rose tinted view.

Reactions: 18
She went to private school right? From her views it’s obvious she was at the bottom of the social food chain so I wonder what she thought of the state school actually working class lot. She only identifies with the working class because she was at the bottom end of the class scale at her private school. She was still solidly middle class, the same way more better off families are at state schools. I hate to know how she see actually working class people and not her rose tinted view.
In my opinion, if you attend a private school (students with scholarships excluded) then you are automatically middle class. Working class families can’t afford 15k a year to send their kids to a private school. Being middle class doesn’t make you a bad person, be grateful for the privileges you have in life and try and be a good activist for those less fortunate.

Reactions: 23
The class system seems all very vague to me. I'm never sure where I've sat, never been what I'd call working class but also don't meet much of criteria for middle class lol

Reactions: 2
The class system seems all very vague to me. I'm never sure where I've sat, never been what I'd call working class but also don't meet much of criteria for middle class lol
Sociologists are moving towards a seven class system for the UK — due to blue collar ≠ a traditional working class lifestyle; office workers on poverty wages; and so on. The three-class system is no longer functional within the modern-day United Kingdom, IMO.

Reactions: 14
Sociologists are moving towards a seven class system for the UK — due to blue collar ≠ a traditional working class lifestyle; office workers on poverty wages; and so on. The three-class system is no longer functional within the modern-day United Kingdom, IMO.
Yeah that makes more sense. Id say I grew up in a office worker on low/getting by wages and then when my dad's business started doing well edged into middle class. But no private school or anything, mainly just a decent 4 bed house and holidays and treats increased haha

Reactions: 1
Next thread title suggestion: Carrie Woke Fletcher

As usual she has to get her 2 cents in and speak about matters that have nothing to do with her and her privileged lifestyle
Next thread tile suggestion: Carrie Woke fletcher: stick to terrorising Edgar

Maybe??

Reactions: 3

Maybe??
I love it but you can’t change or edit the name of the ‘celeb’. I once tried to and it was changed by the mods. We’ll have to get woke in there somewhere else lol

Reactions: 3
Yeah, it was clear from her stories on YT and from AIKN that she was very awkward and seemed to lack social skills. Maybe she had friends who actually were from working class families and felt more comfortable around them than her rich classmates, so that’s why she tried to come across as “working class?” The whole situation just is weird.

Maybe??
Next thread: Carrie Classist Fletcher: See, I’m good at acting since I pretend to be working class all the time!
Best I got 😂

Reactions: 1
Carrie Hope Fletcher #15: Classist Woke Fletcher: half assed vlogs and online tantrums

Combining 3

Reactions: 18
Lol I'm American and had to Google "UK seven classes" b/c I hadn't heard that. The British class system is wild to me. America definitely has a sense of new money vs old money and obviously a lot of racial class tension rightfully so but it's far more cut and dry than a seven class system. From my vantage point I'd say by American standards Carrie was raised (American) middle class and is now (American) upper middle. I consider myself the same.

I went to a private middle school (US grade 6-8, age 11-13) and I recall that gut feeling of "These people have more money than I do." My classmates would mention their cleaning ladies and talk about their international summer vacations. During birthday parties and sleepovers I noticed that their big houses were in nicer neighborhoods than my house was in. And, I will admit, at the time I felt quite poor in comparison. Then I went back to public school for high school and suddenly felt quite wealthy compared to the kids who would ask around for a dollar to get home on the bus.

I think if Carrie had gone to University/ Drama School it might have humbled her in the same way: Living in student housing, meeting tons of people working waitressing jobs between classes, maybe having to get one herself, etc. Her path to success was fairly unorthodox: YouTube due to being the right age at the right time, getting a book deal b/c Gi had a book agent b/c Gi was married to Tom and Tom was famous, getting a West End principal role as her first professional role, buying an apartment at 22, buying a house at 26(?), etc. I think she lacks some crucial empathy for her fellow actors who are baristas, dance teachers, office workers, who started in the ensemble and worked their way up.

Reactions: 21
I think she lacks some crucial empathy for her fellow actors who are baristas, dance teachers, office workers, who started in the ensemble and worked their way up.
The recent “service industry” drama showed that many trained performers also massively look down on those kinds of jobs for some reason. It’s one of the reasons I refuse to refer to performers as “the talent” because it paints a very false image and creates egos that are not justified.

Reactions: 13
Lol I'm American and had to Google "UK seven classes" b/c I hadn't heard that. The British class system is wild to me. America definitely has a sense of new money vs old money and obviously a lot of racial class tension rightfully so but it's far more cut and dry than a seven class system. From my vantage point I'd say by American standards Carrie was raised (American) middle class and is now (American) upper middle. I consider myself the same.

I went to a private middle school (US grade 6-8, age 11-13) and I recall that gut feeling of "These people have more money than I do." My classmates would mention their cleaning ladies and talk about their international summer vacations. During birthday parties and sleepovers I noticed that their big houses were in nicer neighborhoods than my house was in. And, I will admit, at the time I felt quite poor in comparison. Then I went back to public school for high school and suddenly felt quite wealthy compared to the kids who would ask around for a dollar to get home on the bus.

I think if Carrie had gone to University/ Drama School it might have humbled her in the same way: Living in student housing, meeting tons of people working waitressing jobs between classes, maybe having to get one herself, etc. Her path to success was fairly unorthodox: YouTube due to being the right age at the right time, getting a book deal b/c Gi had a book agent b/c Gi was married to Tom and Tom was famous, getting a West End principal role as her first professional role, buying an apartment at 22, buying a house at 26(?), etc. I think she lacks some crucial empathy for her fellow actors who are baristas, dance teachers, office workers, who started in the ensemble and worked their way up.
Honestly on the whole I don't think the class system is as big a thing these days in the UK to the average person. Obviously certain old parts of society still have that mentality, but ask the average person on the street I doubt they pay much attention to it. Even some aristocracy I know don't think that way. I think the social divide is much more economic driven rather than class, and that's probably true in most countries.

Reactions: 6
Carries biggest problem is pretending to be something she's not. This is a pattern in every aspect of her life..whether it's pretending to be working class or pretending to be the victim, and even pretending to herself that she's not stunt cast in every role and deserves to be there among all the actors who have trained for years

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.