Carrie Hope Fletcher #14 Hetroflexible with her schedule

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stomp... 2...3...4...glare....2...3...4....stomp to the left...stomp to the right

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m just catching up with the thread so wanna go back to a topic from a couple days ago, sorry.

I think Cinderella closing has less to do with struggling to cover the roles when actors are out with covid and more to do with poor ticket sales.

The Doubtfire musical on Broadway has just announced a similar break because they weren’t getting the tickets sales to keep them afloat. It was either shut down for a few weeks, wait for the surge to pass and pray the audiences return in a couple of weeks when they reopen or shut down for good now.

January is always a slow month in terms of ticket sales and they wouldn’t have survived it if they’d stayed open. I think Cinderella is in the same boat.

They were honest about it though, Webber has done his usual of throwing the dummy out the pram and blaming everybody but himself.

I think if they had the ticket sales there they could have continued like other shows. They would have had the money to bring in extra cover for the roles and/or rehearse existing staff to cover more roles to minimise the risk of cancelling shows but the money isn’t there so they decided to shut down for the quietest period and hope for better sales when they reopen again.

I’m not convinced either show is going to get the advanced ticket sales to justify reopening though.

Reactions: 13
To be honest, a big part of me hopes, that for the sake of the cast and crew (the vast majority of whom are incredibly talented and undeserving of this treatment), Cinderella can come back, as they’re presumably not being paid at the moment.

Another part of me, however, hopes that it never does - or at least that it does return, but without Carrie. Let this be a hard earned lesson to her, on the consequences of your ego taking over your talent.

Reactions: 8
They still appear to be booking people in to new dates, which is a lot of work and therefore cost, so presumably they do think they will be reopening? They’ve not just blanket refunded anyway.

Anyway Carrie has just posted on Facebook to remind everyone it’s her 30th birthday year. I guess she wants to make sure all the stans get their gifts in. I think she believes she is the only person to have ever turned 30 😂

Reactions: 5
They still appear to be booking people in to new dates, which is a lot of work and therefore cost, so presumably they do think they will be reopening? They’ve not just blanket refunded anyway.

Anyway Carrie has just posted on Facebook to remind everyone it’s her 30th birthday year. I guess she wants to make sure all the stans get their gifts in. I think she believes she is the only person to have ever turned 30 😂
Isn't her birthday in like October as well? Never known anyone with Main Character Syndrome as much as her.

I know I’m late to the party but if she were on strictly she wouldn’t leave her poor partner alone 🤣

Reactions: 6
Maybe she'd get a female partner (like Amy 👀) to be not like other girls and also because she's hetereoflexible.

Isn't her birthday in like October as well? Never known anyone with Main Character Syndrome as much as her.
yep 22 October, 290 days from now :ROFLMAO:

that's 83500 reminders she'll be giving us, if she reminds us every five minutes :rolleyes:

Maybe she'd get a female partner (like Amy 👀) to be not like other girls and also because she's hetereoflexible.
no way, she would be the first to dance with her cat!

• Haha
Such crunchy hair!
So much product!! The most I do for my curls is scrunch them when wet, then I’m done. No defuser or mouse. But we all know she’s superior since she has curly hair unlike other girls who straighten it.

Reactions: 2
Carries going to milk this to get the maximum amount of presents

Its annoyed me in the past where she's been given presents from fans that have left a note with their name and she's said she can't remember the name, can't find it or that she's thrown the note away (especially for things she's just been given) it takes 2 seconds to be like "thanks to Lauren for this present" instead of "EVERYONE LOOK WHAT I HAVE"

Funny that Carrie still hasn’t liked that epic clip of Lauren Byrne singing I Know I Have A Heart. Given she follows rainbowhighnotes on Insta and has liked other posts on their page, it seems quite deliberate that she hasn’t liked this one. Which is odd considering she claims to adore Lauren so much and is supposedly sooooo supportive of understudies/alternates these days. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Funny that Carrie still hasn’t liked that epic clip of Lauren Byrne singing I Know I Have A Heart. Given she follows rainbowhighnotes on Insta and has liked other posts on their page, it seems quite deliberate that she hasn’t liked this one. Which is odd considering she claims to adore Lauren so much and is supposedly sooooo supportive of understudies/alternates these days. 🤔
Lmao Carrie can't handle anyone else having the spotlight.

Reactions: 3
I swear Carrie made a video talking about going on GG but I just can't find it again. I thought it was 'Tall Poppies' but it's not. Just because I'm sure I remember her talking about seeking out negativity and working on that and I was curious to see what she said and how it holds up today.

Side note: it's been interesting seeing some of her older videos. This one feels relevant based on what we were talking about this week:
I do appreciate that she's got perspective on part events now and I know she's had more 'wedge' events since, which do change you for better and worse. Even this Carrie feels like a totally different Carrie. I just hope she's not let herself become too jaded either.

Are we expecting Carrie to be part of this "National Lottery Big Night of Musicals" event since she has retweeted WOS' story about it?

Weirdly it mentions Andrew Lloyd Webber’s School of Rock rather than Cindermehla, but I guess that's because School of Rock now has an active UK tour (at least I presume it's gone ahead). Maybe Cinders is one of the "to be announced".

My mum watched the repeat of the musicals thing with Sheridan Smith over Christmas on bbc2. She said a guy (Ivano) sang a song from alws new cinderella and that it was awful 🤣

she is what I'd call a casual theatre goers (few times per year in normal times) and she hadn't heard about alw doing a cinderella

My mum watched the repeat of the musicals thing with Sheridan Smith over Christmas on bbc2. She said a guy (Ivano) sang a song from alws new cinderella and that it was awful 🤣

she is what I'd call a casual theatre goers (few times per year in normal times) and she hadn't heard about alw doing a cinderella
Yes that's right, it featured Ivano doing that Only You Lonely You song, I think it is the only piece of Cindermehla promo that hasn't featured Carrie.

Was a fairly dreadful programme, mainly because of the lack of any audience/applause made it totally soulless and without any atmosphere, but also because Sheridan Smith has turned into some hideously saccharin sweet "everything is awesome" weirdo over the last few years, and then her and Amanda Talentless Holden both absolutely murdering "I Know Him So Well" together was the final straw. Avoid.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Yes that's right, it featured Ivano doing that Only You Lonely You song, I think it is the only piece of Cindermehla promo that hasn't featured Carrie.

Was a fairly dreadful programme, mainly because of the lack of any audience/applause made it totally soulless and without any atmosphere, but also because Sheridan Smith has turned into some hideously saccharin sweet "everything is awesome" weirdo over the last few years, and then her and Amanda Talentless Holden both absolutely murdering "I Know Him So Well" together was the final straw. Avoid.
I'd rather they use Ivano more, unlike Carrie he doesn't seem to have issues performing outside his theatre! I actually think his song is beautiful but tbf I saw it on that show first last year and was pretty neutral on it at the time, it definitely grew on me.

As for Sheridan and Amanda massacring their duet... I shuddered & cringed my way through that as I recall. Hideous.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.