Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shesaidit

So weird, cos I saw they were having more rehearsals this morning, then Lauren was bumped from the evening, then at very late notice the matinee cancelled. There'll be no shows left to see at this rate.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

LaBlonde

VIP Member
As in you think he knows there’s going to be a full lockdown so he’s just closing in advance?
possibly? but probably more than january is a historically quiet month for theatres, especially for a new show which isn’t doing great anyway. he’ll save more money turning the lights off than he would for trying to put performances on and having them continually cancelled.

Mark81

VIP Member
She and ALW are made for each other in terms of Covid denial I swear.
Completely agree, her use of the eye roll emoji when people said that people were still dying said all I needed to hear.

If she isn't a covid denier then it's further proof she has no communication skills

• Wow

nb2021

488.7K followers on Twitter and only 5 have commented on her post. The lack of engagement is weird.
Could there be any other reasons? Hear me out! Playing devil’s advocate but I follow things like Vogue and Tasty on FB and they obviously have hundreds of thousands of followers but most of the time I only see 4 or 5 comments. Always wondered why! Maybe, this is my way of asking to be educated about algorithms and not actually giving a shit about Carrie 😂

majestic26

VIP Member
lol people are always so bitchy about people on here but get so triggered if you mentioned anything they like. You do your rainbow books, we really don’t care. We’re talking about Carrie.

I’m a librarian and a big reader. I don’t care about any of the shit you mentioned. I love that people read whatever and however they read. For me though, Carrie only reads cause she thinks it makes her quirky and it’s part of her fake aesthetic that she sees herself portraying. It’s all false. You only have to see her ‘reviews’ to see she’s not really into it. Simple as.
'I love that people read whatever and however they read, except this one particular person who isn't reading in a way I deem correct' :ROFLMAO:

I do agree her 'book lover' facade lacks all authenticity. It's like with theatre, she's not interested in wider theatre, she's interested in CARRIE in theatre. She's not that into books, she's interested in what books can do for Carrie (whether she's writing them or being sent free copies). But you can't say you accept however and whatever people read, then say she's doing it wrong. Pick a lane.

Admittedly I don’t care how anyone organises their books, I’m sure people out there would think my organisation skills are lacking when it comes to my books. They get thrown into the top of my wardrobe when I’m finished because I don’t have any bookshelves. I think the reason it annoys so many of us is because Carrie obviously has a lot of books and hasn’t read the majority of them and when she does videos about the books she has ‘read’ she doesn’t give any information beyond the blurb. The fact that you write in and ear mark your books shows that you read your books a lot and that they are well loved. Carrie’s more recent book videos seem like she has barely read the hundreds of books that she owns and is just going off what other people have said. She obviously has read some of them, but when it comes to talking about them she is awful. I watch booktubers who can talk about one book for 20mins in depth, when Carrie does her book videos she reads the blurb and moves on within 2 minutes. I can read the blurb easily anywhere- can she give any thing more to make me want to read it?
Exactly! Call her out for clearly not knowing anything about the books she's read beyond what's on the cover, but calling her out for putting them on the bookshelf in a certain order seems weird. There are WAY more annoying things about her that we can focus on here :ROFLMAO:

stampystamp

Chatty Member
I suppose Oliver isn't that type to unfollow someone in a childish manner, whereas Carrie 100% is. Meh, I don't mind Oliver but watched her Addams family vlogs and thought it was SO strange them spending all the day together. Did the other casts gossip about them I wonder? When did they actually get together?
He is still friends with Summer on Facebook so he definitely isn’t the kind of person to unfriend (although they don’t follow each other on IG). That being said Carrie is also friends with Oliver on facebook too.

Kitt

VIP Member
I wonder if this partly explains her erratic attendance with Cinderella, and being overly defensive on social media?

Knowing a court case like this was coming up would 100% be anxiety-inducing, and we all know you don’t have to be physically unwell to be sick.

I think it would also get my back up if people were complaining about where I was or getting a bit too “close” or “personal” with all this that’s come to light?

Then again, I’d probably stop posting personal stuff online altogether if this happened to me…😬.
It’s a horrible thing to be going through and may explain her absences however there’s more going on with that show that’s causing Carrie to not be fully into it.

And being anxious/stressed about something doesn’t condone having a pop at fans on social media and creating negative vibes around yourself and your show. Like you say, the best thing to do would be to not post as much on social media. Unfortunately Carrie’s addicted to it and can’t stay off it even when she’s seemingly at risk.

thisiscat

Chatty Member
I swear Carrie made a video talking about going on GG but I just can't find it again. I thought it was 'Tall Poppies' but it's not. Just because I'm sure I remember her talking about seeking out negativity and working on that and I was curious to see what she said and how it holds up today.

Side note: it's been interesting seeing some of her older videos. This one feels relevant based on what we were talking about this week:
I do appreciate that she's got perspective on part events now and I know she's had more 'wedge' events since, which do change you for better and worse. Even this Carrie feels like a totally different Carrie. I just hope she's not let herself become too jaded either.
It was in this video-

dull-board1243

VIP Member
Just a thought, do ya’ll think that Carrie could get in trouble for using a bootleg of a show that’s still running? Especially without asking Cameron? Would she get flagged for using copyrighted material without the owners permission?

Buttercup1234

Tom co wrote Busted music so I don't think mcfly getting big was a coincidence tbh. And the tweet where he snapped saying ask the others...it came out that it was all down to Dougie not wanting to be in the band anymore, but at the time fans were all blaming Tom. He was releasing books then so it looked like he was delaying things but really Dougie was in LA taking acting lessons

As for all the other comments. I completely agree. Being a sore loser is a classic fletcher trait
McFly’s success definitely wasn’t a coincidence - that’s the point. They put out an ad in The Stage to find Dougie and Harry. The label manufactured them and basically guaranteed success before they were even a full band.

And his reaction in the tweets was a classic Fletcher move, to be angry and defensive instead of, y’know, just calmly explaining the situation. If he’d done that in the first place (or any of them had in fairness, but he did like to play the ‘frontman’) then it wouldn’t have got to that point.

Classic Fletcher twist on the Royal Family to “Never explain, always complain.”