Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
No scheduled nespresso advent calendar posts? Could have taken the stupid thing with her and opened it in the hotel / aircraft steps!!

Hope there's a West End left for her to come back to, Covid/Boris seems to be doing a good job of demolishing it all of a sudden

Reactions: 1

dull-board1243

VIP Member
She went to private school right? From her views it’s obvious she was at the bottom of the social food chain so I wonder what she thought of the state school actually working class lot. She only identifies with the working class because she was at the bottom end of the class scale at her private school. She was still solidly middle class, the same way more better off families are at state schools. I hate to know how she see actually working class people and not her rose tinted view.
Yeah, it was clear from her stories on YT and from AIKN that she was very awkward and seemed to lack social skills. Maybe she had friends who actually were from working class families and felt more comfortable around them than her rich classmates, so that’s why she tried to come across as “working class?” The whole situation just is weird.

Next thread tile suggestion: Carrie Woke fletcher: stick to terrorising Edgar

Maybe??
Next thread: Carrie Classist Fletcher: See, I’m good at acting since I pretend to be working class all the time!
Best I got 😂

Mark81

VIP Member
Sociologists are moving towards a seven class system for the UK — due to blue collar ≠ a traditional working class lifestyle; office workers on poverty wages; and so on. The three-class system is no longer functional within the modern-day United Kingdom, IMO.
Yeah that makes more sense. Id say I grew up in a office worker on low/getting by wages and then when my dad's business started doing well edged into middle class. But no private school or anything, mainly just a decent 4 bed house and holidays and treats increased haha

Kitt

VIP Member
Theatre fans… who should I vote for who actually deserves to win? I want to make sure Carrie doesn’t win.

Mark81

VIP Member
Haha unfortunately i found Encanto boring, it didn't really go anywhere and had no real antagonist. Visually great though

majestic26

VIP Member
Was just thinking about something someone posted earlier about Carrie possibly hoping to be called into a previous show to save the day. I think recently they pulled in someone from the tour to play Fantine even though she'd never covered Fantine. Seemed like it would have been obvious to ask Carrie as she's there and not currently performing in her own show, doesn't it?
Didn't Carrie only play Fantine in the concert version so wouldn't necessarily be aware of the blocking? Might be wrong. Like it or not, Carrie is a 'name' in theatre circles so drafting her in for something like that would probably be a bigger deal than just asking a lesser-known performer to step in. Feel like the newcomer would be way more keen to step in and help whereas Carrie would probably ask for more pay, diva demands, etc.

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Fingers crossed! If not then I’m sure you’d be able to get last minute tickets or something else. We use the TodayTix app a lot for on the day tickets and a lot of shows have a rush on there for cheap seats on the day. I recommend &Juliet if you haven’t seen it yet and end up at a loose end. Saw it in November and didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did. It was my favourite show of the trip.
Ooh yes!! & Juliet is so good, they're about to change casts very soon 😊

LitNerd

Chatty Member
This is such a tiny thing but really struck me - this was an answer from Bradley Jayden’s girlfriend (they moved into their first house during the pandemic) and she’s in the west end primarily as a dancer so they met when Bradley was Feyro and she was an ensemble member in Wicked, and she’s now a swing ensemble member in Hamilton so you can’t imagine she’s on top of her fitness and basically it just goes to show you can be at the fitness level of a great dancer, and love sweets without making one or the other and the loving sweets while being a performer a personality trait Carrie 👀🙄

Attachments

Lolly505

VIP Member
Something that I've noticed that winds me up about Carrie's Instagram stories is her sharing just the beginning of videos. Like she shared that clip Andrew Garfield beautifully describing grief - but if you found it through Carrie's Insta, you'd have no idea because she only shared the question not the answer 🙄
I rarely use Insta stories myself but is it really not possible to select the best part of what you're sharing (rather than the beginning)? I'd much rather she used 2+ stories to tell me the full thing than just share one that tells me fuck all 😅

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
Sorry for the off topic: but this is Louise, yeah? I haven't followed her in years, last time probably when she got divorced. Is this what she's been doing to her little girl (who's probably not so little anymore)? I guess I need to catch up!
yeah it’s Louise she’s got darcy into ballet and dressing her the same as her 3(?) year old other daughter

Lilu22

VIP Member
Carrie’s missed yesterday afternoon and this evening performance… Where is she? She hasn’t even addressed it on socials and her holiday isn’t until next week

• Wow