Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fully hated how the kids behaved in Mary Poppins and had the same thought about Carrie just being Carrie when she played it as a kid.
Especially when you consider it’s easily the biggest role she would have played as a kid since little Eponine is mute and only in one scene, and with the best intentions when I say this, the kids in Chitty while on stage a lot and singing quite a bit in terms of plots are predominantly muguffins to get Truly and Caraticus to do things together etc, combine that with Jane being that bit older as well

Reactions: 3
Just came here to post about Tom and Amy’s dance. Now we know for certain that Carrie will be featured in the VT this week 🙄🙄

Also quite surprised that he chose it for his couples choice. Typically, the song chosen for a couples choice means a lot to the celebrity in some way - for example, I vaguely recall that Kelvin Fletcher (from 2019) chose his song because it was his wedding song. I can’t see what emotional significance On My Own has to Tom, outside of his sister’s performance of it. I always thought he’d do something from Mcfly or something dedicated to Gi.
‘Seeing my sister singing this song on stage made me so proud and now I get to dance to it on strictly. This ones for you Carrie.’

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Question about the seats for Cinderella that go into the stage.
If people have their bags by their feet and theirs is one of the chairs that go onto the stage, wouldn’t that mean their bags would be in the stage as well? I’m just trying to envision how that actually looks

Reactions: 1
Question about the seats for Cinderella that go into the stage.
If people have their bags by their feet and theirs is one of the chairs that go onto the stage, wouldn’t that mean their bags would be in the stage as well? I’m just trying to envision how that actually looks
No, you don't actually go onto the stage, just the section of seating you're sat in revolves around it. Your bags stay by your feet. :)

Isn't On My Own a bit slow for dancing to as a couple? What are they going to do, crawl?
It's going to be a 'couples choice' dance, which is usually one of three categories - I think it's usually contemporary, street/commercial and jazz/musical theatre. So I would imagine they're going to do a contemporary dance to On My Own, which just... noooooooooo.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That’s confusing? I really can’t vision how that works
The most basic way to describe it as a circle that moves. Even if you put things inside the circle, the circle will continue to revolve and the things inside the circle stay in their formation. The circle is going in one direction so everything still lines up inside the circle. Does that help or have I just made it more confusing? I’ve just realised how weird it is to describe lol

Edit- in this case the first few rows are inside the circle.

Reactions: 2
That’s confusing? I really can’t vision how that works
Ermmm... how can I describe it.... it's like a theatre in the round (google pics). The whole front section just slides around until the stage is surrounded by the front section which is now at the back of the stage and the non-moving section of the stalls becomes the front.

Theres basically a hidden revolve that has the first few rows of the stalls on it and the front portion of the stage. This turns really slowly, so much that you don't notice it until you're facing other audience members and you have the ball scene in the round.

Bags and stuff are fine on the floor but if you're late, you won't be able to get to your seat until its turned back to the original way.

Reactions: 1
She has either led a very sheltered life, or she likes to act how special and unique everything is in her life
She's had at least two cats before Edgar, so idk why she's acting this way. Edgar's literally just like every other cats.

Reactions: 5
My thoughts on this are as follows.
This was exactly the same as WEL.
I'm not sure where she thinks she "lost the choreography" at WEL because she didn't do any in that either.
Her lack of training really really shows here. She is going to wreck her voice further belting this with no control continually.
She is unfit for it too.
With the costumes, staging, lighting and leading lady it looked like a substandard amateur production.
Agree. The fact this passes for West End theatre saddens me.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.