Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not...but she and the marketing don't say that Its also not your typical boys one. But she will never admit to any of that though.

The fact that he hasn't even gone alone to support his sister I find strange
Their relationship changed since she had to live with them while her house was done. Online at least!

Reactions: 8
After the west end live performance, weren’t there people saying how integral the on stage revolve was for the song? That clip shows it really isn’t!
The only bit I can see where it did make a difference was when she's getting dragged on the floor by her hair as the revolve achieved that effect, as opposed to at WEL where she just got dragged around like a sack of spuds.

Also, I still hear 'bleeping mad' instead of 'barking mad'.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
After the west end live performance, weren’t there people saying how integral the on stage revolve was for the song? That clip shows it really isn’t!
Came on to say exactly the same thing! I was waiting for some seriously impressive and vastly different staging to WEL but nope the only differences were a statue instead of a stump and actors gliding rather than walking across the stage. Just makes Carrie’s excuses rants even more pathetic now.

Reactions: 13
Came on to say exactly the same thing! I was waiting for some seriously impressive and vastly different staging to WEL but nope the only differences were a statue instead of a stump and actors gliding rather than walking across the stage. Just makes Carrie’s excuses rants even more pathetic now.
Ditto!

Reactions: 3

Not sure if anyone has posted this already
This shows the wel performance wasn't a one off. This is exactly the same staging and in context its still no better. Carrie is moved around but otherwise looks kind of awkward on stage. Also she is breathless whenever moved

Reactions: 16
There was a point when I thought her timing was off in that video but then I realised the audio was out of sync slightly with the video. It was more obvious towards the end of the clip. Did anyone else notice the crew member in the corner at the end of the song? Haha.

Reactions: 1
It reminds me when I went to an amdram performance years ago and so much was done under black light. After I asked my friend ‘is that black light new by any chance’ as it had been used so much- it was!

Reactions: 5
The staging is really awful. Choreography isn't great.
The acting is not good. How on earth have they got away with this?

Reactions: 10

My thoughts on this are as follows.
This was exactly the same as WEL.
I'm not sure where she thinks she "lost the choreography" at WEL because she didn't do any in that either.
Her lack of training really really shows here. She is going to wreck her voice further belting this with no control continually.
She is unfit for it too.
With the costumes, staging, lighting and leading lady it looked like a substandard amateur production.

Reactions: 22

The thing about Carrie is that she has a lovely sounding voice (sometimes strained but mostly lovely) but she doesn’t emote ever. She could be singing her shopping list. It’s empty. And it doesn’t look natural. She was the same in Addams and Heathers. I can’t really comment on her other roles as I didn’t see them.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.