Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing about Carrie is that she has a lovely sounding voice (sometimes strained but mostly lovely) but she doesn’t emote ever. She could be singing her shopping list. It’s empty. And it doesn’t look natural. She was the same in Addams and Heathers. I can’t really comment on her other roles as I didn’t see them.
I always describe it as a very monotone singing voice - it’s all the same tone with no emotion until she belts out a massive note which is going to damage her voice so badly

Reactions: 16

Not sure if anyone has posted this already
Good lord, is the whole show that crappy and lifeless?

ALW: "You will build me a revolving stage set!"

Crew: "Oh, awesome! That sounds great! I can just picture the potential for great choreography now - perfectly synchronised routines with people moving in different directions, incorporating the movement of the stage like that OK Go music video where they dance across all the treadmills!"

ALW: "There will be no dancing! Movement is to be kept to a strict minimum! The cast are only permitted to walk around a little, stoop slightly and look about as though they spotted a £20 note on the ground and are checking for nearby witnesses before they take it. Some people will drag Carrie across the floor a little. That is all. I have spoken!"

Crew: "You're the boss, Andy, but that sounds boring as duck."

Carrie: "Not to worry, if the audience aren't shocked that I even showed up for a performance, then my random, pained shrieking will definitely divert attention from the lack of choreography!"

• Haha
Reactions: 36
again making it about herself
The hilarious angle of this it feels like Matilda does more as a role than Cinderella does 😂

obviously Cinderella is a bigger belt sing, but she literally comes on, sings, stands there during a conversation with step mother while doing nothing, leaves the stage rinse and repeat about 6/7 times

Reactions: 11
In their defence, the revolve isn't too clear on that video, but it does play a part in the show and makes it visually more interesting to watch. I don't think it's vital to the show though...

Reactions: 3
In their defence, the revolve isn't too clear on that video, but it does play a part in the show and makes it visually more interesting to watch. I don't think it's vital to the show though...
The revolve is a gimmick, plain and simple. The show would work fine without it and all that would happen is the first few rows didn't spin super super slowly

Reactions: 6
The revolve is a gimmick, plain and simple. The show would work fine without it and all that would happen is the first few rows didn't spin super super slowly
I was originally talking about the onstage revolve and it’s use during Bad Cinderella (which seems to be rarely from the video) rather than the stage and seats one. Theatre board is mixed on the main revolves use- some say it’s just a gimmick, others say it really elevates the second half- sounds to me that it’s a gimmick that works. I’ve heard people say that you don’t have to be in the seats that move to get the magical experience. The people sat it the moving seats will have one experience and those that watch the seats move will have another. Tbh, that gimmick actually really makes me want to see it (the tech side of things really fascinated me).
I find that some pieces of theatre are reviewed as if everything is comparable to Shakespeare. Cinderella is not Macbeth. It’s sounds a bit like a cheesey lifetime Christmas movie- you pretty much know where it’s going to go, you’ve got some fun tunes to listen and have a laugh. If people enjoy it, that’s okay and the same for people who don’t like it. For me it’s the way Carrie uses her social media and generally talks down to people now. Having watched a couple of her older videos recently, I’ve realised that personality has always been there. She’s always been condescending it’s just a lot more obvious now.
There are times when I feel sorry for Carrie and kind of feel bad for being on here, talking about her. But then I realise that I could be one of those people who start arguments in her YouTube comments or tagging her in conversations on twitter trying to get a rise out of her. I’m not the kind of person to do that. I went to her thread on GG because I’d just started watching her and Carrie made a video talking about herself reading the site. Curiosity got the best of me, I went down that rabbit hole and I realised that everything that was being talked about was stuff that had niggled at me whilst watching her videos. It was nice to know I wasn’t the only one that was seeing it. I was originally on GG for the Colleen Ballinger thread and everything that happened after the divorce (that’s like diving into a black hole if you are interested in the gossip there).
If anything I find these kind of sites to be a bit of a modern day heat magazine but it’s gossip from the point of view from the people who consume it. I don’t really read magazines anymore- I hated the way magazines ripped celebs apart for the way they looked. I remember one magazine (I think it was Heat) that started a section on the way celebs knees looked and that was the last straw for me. At least over here, the audience and consumers control the narrative that than us being told what to believe. Some threads are nicer than others but overall we can have a discussion and agree to disagree on some things. What do we have in common? We can see through the bullshit! Even on the gender discussion, so many points of view but there is always something that everyone agrees with.
Some people see these sites and think we have no lives. I have a job, hobbies, friends… I’m not on here every single second of everyday. I’m usually on here in the evenings when I’m not quite ready for bed. When most normal people are watching the news, I go to tattle. Some people might think that’s unhealthy, but to me the news is unhealthy to watch everyday- it’s how I ended up having a mental breakdown in quarantine. (I think this has deviated because I’ve been catching up on the Alice Evans and Ioan Gruffudd thread and Alice has had some choice words about tattlers).
Any way, I’m here to judge Carrie for her social media presence and we all have a right to have that conversation.

Reactions: 14
Strictly will be a judge down on Saturday as Craig has got the covid ... speculation on twatter that the BBC is going to use someone from the world of Musical Theatre to fill in for him (since it's musicals week), such as Michael Ball, or maybe Elaine Paige (well they both work for the BBC already). Someone has suggested it might be Carrie Smug Fletcher :ROFLMAO: I really hope not!

We all know she can't dance, but then neither Michael Ball nor Elaine Paige are known for dancing either ...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The thing about Carrie is that she has a lovely sounding voice (sometimes strained but mostly lovely) but she doesn’t emote ever. She could be singing her shopping list. It’s empty. And it doesn’t look natural. She was the same in Addams and Heathers. I can’t really comment on her other roles as I didn’t see them.
100% agree with this. She can sing but she's not a great actress so it never has a lot of substance. Even when she did try to emote in 'Dead Girl Walking' it was all about herself and making the song a take that to her haters. She wasn't thinking about what's driving Veronica in that moment, her thoughts, feelings or the lyrics themselves so it just ended up a shouty mess.

Reactions: 17
Toms dancing to On My Own from Les Mis. Carrie’s first adult west end role. Lord have mercy.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Oh god and Tom’s gonna be all “She was the BEST Èponine ever!”
Meanwhile Sam Barks sits back able to give solo interviews on bbc breakfast and perform at the royal variety with zero issues and sit on the judging panel of ITV’s musicals programme after being the movie ponine and a frankly epic Elsa living 2013 Carrie’s dream 😂

Reactions: 20
Meanwhile Sam Barks sits back able to give solo interviews on bbc breakfast and perform at the royal variety with zero issues and sit on the judging panel of ITV’s musicals programme after being the movie ponine and a frankly epic Elsa living 2013 Carrie’s dream 😂
You know Carrie’s FUMING at her success.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just came here to post about Tom and Amy’s dance. Now we know for certain that Carrie will be featured in the VT this week 🙄🙄

Also quite surprised that he chose it for his couples choice. Typically, the song chosen for a couples choice means a lot to the celebrity in some way - for example, I vaguely recall that Kelvin Fletcher (from 2019) chose his song because it was his wedding song. I can’t see what emotional significance On My Own has to Tom, outside of his sister’s performance of it. I always thought he’d do something from Mcfly or something dedicated to Gi.

Reactions: 7
I actually saw Mary Poppins for the second time over the weekend and, while I know this is pure speculation and I am in no way saying this would be the case for every child who plays Jane I’m sure they’re all lovely kids in real life and grow into lovely adults, BUT given Carrie’s well documented almost obsession with 1) making everything about her 2) inserting herself into every single role she plays via telling Jamie to fight for her and Oliver to win her back before the show or during the interval when they are not their characters, seeing Jane’s character again, particularly how snappy, demanding and temperamental she is, you can literally see Carrie carrying some of this into her real life character which at the informative age of 10/12 I doubt would have then easily left her into adulthood, especially as her menthod of “acting” would literally have never been challenged since she was a kid because she never went through drama school. What I mean is that if she, as a child, thought “well Jane acts like this so *I* will now act like this” and called it actual acting, and then some of that bled into real life probably not helped by being the youngest by a good margin so probably being her parents golden child for a good while as Tom was 18 by then, no one could then correct her so we now get adult Carrie thinking that well if *I* feel super sexy right now because I have tone of teenage girls screaming when my top comes open well then my version of Veronica will come across sexy (she’s also even admitted she’s temperamental in real life) - I’m literally praying that someone else in this thread has seen Mary Poppins and can maybe back me up on this 😂

Reactions: 2
I actually saw Mary Poppins for the second time over the weekend and, while I know this is pure speculation and I am in no way saying this would be the case for every child who plays Jane I’m sure they’re all lovely kids in real life and grow into lovely adults, BUT given Carrie’s well documented almost obsession with 1) making everything about her 2) inserting herself into every single role she plays via telling Jamie to fight for her and Oliver to win her back before the show or during the interval when they are not their characters, seeing Jane’s character again, particularly how snappy, demanding and temperamental she is, you can literally see Carrie carrying some of this into her real life character which at the informative age of 10/12 I doubt would have then easily left her into adulthood, especially as her menthod of “acting” would literally have never been challenged since she was a kid because she never went through drama school. What I mean is that if she, as a child, thought “well Jane acts like this so *I* will now act like this” and called it actual acting, and then some of that bled into real life probably not helped by being the youngest by a good margin so probably being her parents golden child for a good while as Tom was 18 by then, no one could then correct her so we now get adult Carrie thinking that well if *I* feel super sexy right now because I have tone of teenage girls screaming when my top comes open well then my version of Veronica will come across sexy (she’s also even admitted she’s temperamental in real life) - I’m literally praying that someone else in this thread has seen Mary Poppins and can maybe back me up on this 😂
I fully hated how the kids behaved in Mary Poppins and had the same thought about Carrie just being Carrie when she played it as a kid.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.