Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she could get over helself and get some actual basic dancing training, I think she could pull Jane Seymour in SIX quite decently. If she was on just for Jane's song she'd be fine, but the six Queens are onstage the whole show and they have to dance their asses off in all the songs. She is not doing herself any favours.
She would see Six as below her. I’m pretty sure she said in the past that she’s not a massive fan of Six because it’s more like a concert than a musical. Also I don't really think she has the emotional range for a song like HOS, plus there is a riff at the end of the song with is completely out of her vocal range.

Reactions: 12
She would see Six as below her. I’m pretty sure she said in the past that she’s not a massive fan of Six because it’s more like a concert than a musical. Also I don't really think she has the emotional range for a song like HOS, plus there is a riff at the end of the song with is completely out of her vocal range.
Isn’t Six quite energetic too? (I haven’t seen it yet!) I always get the impression that Carrie is a little bit lazy

Reactions: 10
Isn’t Six quite energetic too? (I haven’t seen it yet!) I always get the impression that Carrie is a little bit lazy
It's crazy energetic - on stage pretty much the entire time.

If CHF cba to even take a warm up seriously then how would she ever do a marathon like SIX?

Reactions: 12
I mean Jane Seymour is the most boring queen in six song-wise but there's no way she could manage in the show. It would be too tough for her, physically and vocally.

Reactions: 3
I mean Jane Seymour is the most boring queen in six song-wise but there's no way she could manage in the show. It would be too tough for her, physically and vocally.
That's what I meant. If each queen would be onstage just for her song, she'd be fine playing Jane. But the show as a whole would eat her alive.

Reactions: 2
There’s a rumour of Newsies coming in 2022 (dear god yes please that would be an absolute dream) but yet again it’s another female leading lady role in her cast age range… that she can’t do due to an inability to tap dance - yes there are many actresses who can’t and get on fine it’s just a topical example of her main issue
Oh god I hope that’s true and they keep it true to the Broadway version, such beautiful staging and massive production!

Reactions: 1
I genuinely can't think of a role Carrie would be good for. Maybe that's why she jumped at the chance to originate a character because she also knows she doesn't have the skill for most of the roles out there at the moment.

Reactions: 6
Even something like mamma Mia she wouldn't be good for as she isn't funny, and again you need to be able to do comedy acting.

Maybe killer queen in we will rock you. 'The face' would work there

Reactions: 5
I genuinely can't think of a role Carrie would be good for. Maybe that's why she jumped at the chance to originate a character because she also knows she doesn't have the skill for most of the roles out there at the moment.
The only one I can think of is H Duke in Heathers. Though I think she looks way to old. I think she could pull off the insecure bitchiness well. Bonus that the the solo song is in her range.

Reactions: 3
Even something like mamma Mia she wouldn't be good for as she isn't funny, and again you need to be able to do comedy acting.

Noooo don’t let her wreck another show I love! 😂

Reactions: 4

NOO! This is one of my favourite musicals - don’t ruin it with The Face!

Maybe 'The Face' should be the name of the new ALW talent show instead of 'How Do You Solve A Problem Like Carrie's?!🤷‍♂️🤣

• Haha

Don't even give her ideas of trying for Mamma Mia. She couldn't get anywhere near the levels of iconic that actors need to be for Mamma Mia.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.