Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon they were waiting til he got to musicals week on Strictly...he'll roll her out this week, or make a big point of going to see Cinderella šŸ™„
Amazing if he doesnā€™t though! I doubt it but just imagine if thereā€™s nothing in toms VT this week about Carrie Or Cinderella šŸ˜šŸ˜

Reactions: 7
Amazing if he doesnā€™t though! I doubt it but just imagine if thereā€™s nothing in toms VT this week about Carrie Or Cinderella šŸ˜šŸ˜
He was in Oliver as a kid so part of me is hoping they just milk that for all itā€™s worth just to make any exclusion funnier šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have absolutely no doubt that she is highly likely to appear on Strictly this coming weekend (musicals week) with the Furlough Fiends, Tom and no doubt his irritating wife will manage to insert herself yet again :rolleyes: . There has been a lot of dross contestants to jettison first this year so he is still in it but luckily I don't think he can actually win it. Some of the posts in the Strictly thread about his pissed off Fletcher Face (TM) when he was being judged on Saturday are hilarious.

I would guess if she's going to sing on the show that will likely be filmed on Saturday afternoon ahead of the broadcast, so watch out for an announcement of yet another missed show in that case. But I think more likely Tom (and Giovanna :rolleyes: ) will be shown traipsing along to one of Care Bear's rehearsals or a mid week show, and him and Amy dancing in the theatre aisle or on stage before the show or something.

Reactions: 4
Musicals week is often about performance...so acting...can't wait to see Carrie's advice to him about that šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If they hadnā€™t done a VW last week, I wouldā€™ve bet on that to I Know I Have A Heart

Reactions: 2
Anyone else finding it odd that Tom/Gi have taken their kids to see Back To The Future at least twice and Matilda but still haven't bothered to see Cinderella? It's so weird to me.
Is Bad Cinderella really for kids though? I know on paper it basically sounds like panto but they were trying to play up the grown up angle at one point, weren't there?

Reactions: 3
Is Bad Cinderella really for kids though? I know on paper it basically sounds like panto but they were trying to play up the grown up angle at one point, weren't there?
It's not...but she and the marketing don't say that Its also not your typical boys one. But she will never admit to any of that though.

The fact that he hasn't even gone alone to support his sister I find strange

Reactions: 6
Musicals week is often about performance...so acting...can't wait to see Carrie's advice to him about that šŸ¤£
She will find the way to humble brag about not being trained and still getting to originate the leading role in an ALW musical and say her typical "there are many ways in the theatre industry" and blah blah blah.

Reactions: 9
Iā€™m not in the uk and havenā€™t watched Strictly in years, so I donā€™t know how it works with performersā€¦.but for what itā€™s worth, the actor who plays the lead in Everybodyā€™s talking about Jamie, Max Harwood, has posted about performing on the show this week. So unless they have more than one musical guest, itā€™s probably him and not Carrie. Itā€™s on his Insta.

Reactions: 2
Iā€™m not in the uk and havenā€™t watched Strictly in years, so I donā€™t know how it works with performersā€¦.but for what itā€™s worth, the actor who plays the lead in Everybodyā€™s talking about Jamie, Max Harwood, has posted about performing on the show this week. So unless they have more than one musical guest, itā€™s probably him and not Carrie. Itā€™s on his Insta.
Carrie wonā€™t be performing but she will either be in the VT or a video message. She would be fuming if she wasnā€™t involved in this week

Reactions: 10
This makes me angry because this is what she does - make people feel bad about perfectly valid opinions!
ā€œYouā€™re wonderful and Iā€™m notā€ just makes me so sad to read.
Her response makes me think there is no love lost between her and the showā€™s management now. Encouraging the person to complain higher up is the sound of a pissed off employee. Interesting.

Reactions: 22
Tom said in the results show he really wanted to get to musicals week because musicals ā€˜are really important to me and my family.ā€™ Suggests Carrie might be shoehorned into his VT but I really hope not. Canā€™t deal with both their faces ruining my Saturday night. Imagine all the hand gestures šŸ‘‹šŸ»šŸ¤ŒšŸ»

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Tom said in the results show he really wanted to get to musicals week because musicals ā€˜are really important to me and my family.ā€™ Suggests Carrie might be shoehorned into his VT but I really hope not. Canā€™t deal with both their faces ruining my Saturday night. Imagine all the hand gestures šŸ‘‹šŸ»šŸ¤ŒšŸ»
So important that Carrie never goes to them

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I see she has found yet another actor whining about customer reactions to understudies, to retweet.

Does she stay up all night hunting down these tweets (well when she's not searching for her bows anyway). Maybe that's why she's so tired.
Is she trying to become the world figurehead for this issue by bringing it up again and again?

Does she realise this exact topic of reaction to understudies has been discussed for decades, way before twatter was invented and gave every man and his dog a platform. It's not a new crusade and she isn't going to solve it by angry retweeting. People have always expressed their feelings good and bad on understudies and they always will, regardless of a few actors bleating to their followers about it.

I much preferred her interesting insights into the backstage of the theatre world but she rarely seems to bother with that any more.
She must. Iirc the debacle from a month or so ago had her time stamps between like 1-5 in the morning.

Reactions: 4
Iā€™m going to say now that I, for the most part, quite like Carrie, and this is the first thing Iā€™ve ever commented on here on this website. So I like to think this is coming from a well-meaning place.

I think there comes a point where celebrities have to take a step back and recognise they donā€™t need to respond to everything; itā€™s a losing battle. If Carrie stopped replying, it would stop turning into this monster every time she is off work for the day. When Iā€™m at work, I have to be selective about what I allow myself to get defensive over. Itā€™s the same everywhere. I can imagine itā€™s so annoying for her seeing these messages, sheā€™s right, thereā€™s not always (if ever) a necessity for it, theyā€™re tagging the wrong person in these tweets. But people are allowed to talk about it, and Iā€™ve gotta be honest, it feels so controlling to watch her try to silence people all the time just because itā€™s about something that concerns her. Yes, if people feel that strongly, they should speak to management - totally agree! But weā€™re nearly in 2022, and unfortunately everybody has a twitter account, youā€™re never going to get everybody to do what you want and stop complaining. Itā€™s what humans do. I just think there has to be a level of decorum when dealing with complaints. If my boss got defensive and argumentative every single time somebody had a complaint, but then put a love heart at the end, it would make everybody uncomfortable. Everybody would eventually start walking on eggshells not knowing if what they say might open the flood gates again, no matter how carefully they word their concerns. Sometimes I think the kindest thing to do is to let people feel what they feel and move away from it. Even if what theyā€™re saying is ridiculous. It sucks, but itā€™s just mad to me that we keep seeing this same cycle here. You canā€™t just keep repeating yourself, itā€™s not good for you Carrie, and it will never stop regardless. Sheā€™s absolutely allowed to defend herself if she wants to, sheā€™s a human being, but I think maybe more consideration needs to be taken into the nuances of why people may be a little disgruntled and now the general public use social media perhaps, and Iā€™m not sure engaging in the twitter rigmarole so often is good for her mental heath, let alone anybody else

Please delete this comment - Iā€™ve decided against posting it, even though it was kind, and even though itā€™s only been about 10 minutes, I canā€™t seem to delete it. Please can admin delete it? Or can somebody provide some kind of contact so I can get it deleted? Thanks
why do you want it deleted? Everything youā€™ve said is totally fair. Carrie just makes people frightened to say anything against her cause sheā€™s a bully.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Iā€™m going to say now that I, for the most part, quite like Carrie, and this is the first thing Iā€™ve ever commented on here on this website. So I like to think this is coming from a well-meaning place.

I think there comes a point where celebrities have to take a step back and recognise they donā€™t need to respond to everything; itā€™s a losing battle. If Carrie stopped replying, it would stop turning into this monster every time she is off work for the day. When Iā€™m at work, I have to be selective about what I allow myself to get defensive over. Itā€™s the same everywhere. I can imagine itā€™s so annoying for her seeing these messages, sheā€™s right, thereā€™s not always (if ever) a necessity for it, theyā€™re tagging the wrong person in these tweets. But people are allowed to talk about it, and Iā€™ve gotta be honest, it feels so controlling to watch her try to silence people all the time just because itā€™s about something that concerns her. Yes, if people feel that strongly, they should speak to management - totally agree! But weā€™re nearly in 2022, and unfortunately everybody has a twitter account, youā€™re never going to get everybody to do what you want and stop complaining. Itā€™s what humans do. I just think there has to be a level of decorum when dealing with complaints. If my boss got defensive and argumentative every single time somebody had a complaint, but then put a love heart at the end, it would make everybody uncomfortable. Everybody would eventually start walking on eggshells not knowing if what they say might open the flood gates again, no matter how carefully they word their concerns. Sometimes I think the kindest thing to do is to let people feel what they feel and move away from it. Even if what theyā€™re saying is ridiculous. It sucks, but itā€™s just mad to me that we keep seeing this same cycle here. You canā€™t just keep repeating yourself, itā€™s not good for you Carrie, and it will never stop regardless. Sheā€™s absolutely allowed to defend herself if she wants to, sheā€™s a human being, but I think maybe more consideration needs to be taken into the nuances of why people may be a little disgruntled and now the general public use social media perhaps, and Iā€™m not sure engaging in the twitter rigmarole so often is good for her mental heath, let alone anybody else

Please delete this comment - Iā€™ve decided against posting it, even though it was kind, and even though itā€™s only been about 10 minutes, I canā€™t seem to delete it. Please can admin delete it? Or can somebody provide some kind of contact so I can get it deleted? Thanks

If you do genuinely want to delete the post, click the report button in the corner of the post and ask the mods to delete it in the box that comes up. But I agree with every word you said x

Reactions: 8
Youā€™re right, thank you, I just feel a little ashamed that I feel like Iā€™ve taken part in a hate mob, or something which could

I think I just feel embarrassed that even though my comment is meant in the best faith, and as a kindness to everyone involved, I worry Iā€™ve contributed to something that could be quite damaging, and I wouldnā€™t want that. Thank you though, thatā€™s kind of you to say
I like to think that this thread is very kind compared to some threads I've read and, your words weren't nasty at all. You made constructive points that are valid and true.

Honestly, I've read some god awful things about some 'influncers' and they can be really damn right hateful and rude.

Know that we are a nice bunch on here and only call out Carrie when it's justified! šŸ’˜

Reactions: 13

Just wanted to also chime in that nothing you said here was unkind, unreasonable or adding to a hate mob. I think you're right. Carrie has said herself that she can get very defensive when she feels like people have hot it wrong and that it lands her into trouble. As you said, if that is something she simply can't change then she needs to take a step back.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.