Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I never understood about that episode is that Carrie grew up with a brother in McFly, a famous band! If she wanted to learn sheet music from someone then she would have had lots of contacts.
Also, YouTube existed, online websites and books existed. If she could go Disney every year as a kid then her parents could afford a music book. My parents were poor as church mice when I grew up but they bought me a book and I had youtube and the internet. I was not privileged. Her argument on that was dumb.

Reactions: 23
What I never understood about that episode is that Carrie grew up with a brother in McFly, a famous band! If she wanted to learn sheet music from someone then she would have had lots of contacts.
Also, YouTube existed, online websites and books existed. If she could go Disney every year as a kid then her parents could afford a music book. My parents were poor as church mice when I grew up but they bought me a book and I had youtube and the internet. I was not privileged. Her argument on that was dumb.
Agreed! I grew up poor and desperately wanted to learn piano from sheet music. My school didn't teach me, but my parents found an old book in a charity shop that taught me how to read music, I think it cost 20p or something ridiculous. Carrie is just making excuses for her laziness! It wouldn't be hard at all for her to get lessons, she was privileged to a degree most of us can't imagine!
"Be careful. Your laziness is showing."

Reactions: 16
Carrie just wants to be super successful and be able to humble brag ‘I’ve not even had any training.’ The tweet touched a nerve for her and she acted as if she was defending under privileged people when in fact she just wanted to defend the fact that she’s not trained and is doing fine. (Not doing fine anymore Carrie - I recommend doing some proper learning.)

Carrie just wants to be super successful and be able to humble brag ‘I’ve not even had any training.’ The tweet touched a nerve for her and she acted as if she was defending under privileged people when in fact she just wanted to defend the fact that she’s not trained and is doing fine. (Not doing fine anymore Carrie - I recommend doing some proper learning.)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I can just hear Jennifer Coolidge without even having to watch the video!

Carrie Hope Fletcher Can you believe it? I’ve never had any professional dance training!
That's great but extend it to

Carrie Hope Fletcher Can you believe it? I’ve never had any professional dance, acting, singing or music reading training!

• Haha
I think Lucie Jones is a brilliant parallel to draw here. Someone with no official training, but someone who is constantly trying to better herself - she's acknowledged on her own socials that she still takes all sorts of lessons, she admitted that she's worked in service roles (👀) between jobs in theatre. Her career has gone from strength to strength, she's well-liked within the industry, has lots of friends and connections and now she's the next Elphaba. Will probably be the pinnacle of her career.

Compare and contrast with Carrie - goes back to the same old roles constantly, doesn't work to better or improve herself, is rapidly ageing out of the roles she's usually cast in, and is doing nothing to prepare herself for the next stage of her career. Got a big break with a legendary composer and has publicly put herself at odds with him. Can't stop falling into conflict on social media. Not well-liked in the industry. After Cinderella, her biggest roles will be behind her.

Edited to add that, while it may be unfair to compare these: Lucie Jones' husband is FIT ON TOAST, Oliver has serial killer eyes. As you were.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I do amateur musical theatre and we recently had a discussion with our club about what kind of additional training we can do to improve our own skillset and better ourselves as performers. And this is just my hobby! Surely as a "professional" you should be looking for the next class or course you can take because it's so competitive. She's relied on her name to get her this far but now she needs something to set her apart from the others.

Reactions: 14
I think Lucie Jones is a brilliant parallel to draw here. Someone with no official training, but someone who is constantly trying to better herself - she's acknowledged on her own socials that she still takes all sorts of lessons, she admitted that she's worked in service roles (👀) between jobs in theatre. Her career has gone from strength to strength, she's well-liked within the industry, has lots of friends and connections and now she's the next Elphaba. Will probably be the pinnacle of her career.

Compare and contrast with Carrie - goes back to the same old roles constantly, doesn't work to better or improve herself, is rapidly ageing out of the roles she's usually cast in, and is doing nothing to prepare herself for the next stage of her career. Got a big break with a legendary composer and has publicly put herself at odds with him. Can't stop falling into conflict on social media. Not well-liked in the industry. After Cinderella, her biggest roles will be behind her.

Edited to add that, while it may be unfair to compare these: Lucie Jones' husband is FIT ON TOAST, Oliver has serial killer eyes. As you were.
Perfect, the comparisons between the two are stark

Also, in ANY professional job you are expected to undertake training for both self improvement and also to do your job better. Showing off that you've never had, and don't do, any training is not a flex. It shows how deeply unprofessional and not bothered you are

Reactions: 15
It's beyond ridiculous that she boasts about not learning sheet music. This is your job, you work in musical theatre, it's literally in the name.

Reactions: 12
It’s strange how Carrie likes to brag about having not had any training, as if it wasn’t *painfully obvious* to anyone who sees her “perform”.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m pretty certain Carrie learned the saxophone as a teenager, so she’ll have been taught to read music then. I also highly doubt her private school didn’t teach her how to read either 👀 if she hasn’t retained that knowledge then that’s not a lack of privilege, it’s chosen ignorance.

Reactions: 15
I can just hear Jennifer Coolidge without even having to watch the video!

Carrie Hope Fletcher Can you believe it? I’ve never had any professional dance training!
I want to become a celebrity, just so I can sign up for Strictly, and then post on Twitter the gif of Amanda saying that. 😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Carrie Dope Fletcher: Never train, never explain, check your privelege it’s becoming a pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
CHF-
No no no no! Other poor people can't learn it, so she's not going to! That's her argument. You learned to read sheet music? Be careful. Your privilege is showing.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.