Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s about 16 minutes into this video :)
A) why does Carrie make everything in her life a situation where she heroically fights against situations? Oh yeah, because she's a narcissist!

B) I also love in this video she states 'keep your opinions to yourself' when she constantly vlogs her own opinions publically.

Reactions: 11
So “heteroflexible” means “I’m either bi and don’t want to say it” OR “I’m saying I kiss girls for attention/so you think I’m hot”?

Gross.

Not the representation is actually bisexuals need. I’m bisexual all the time, not just when I think it might be attractive or get me attention 🙄
Or it means ‘I’m straight and privileged but am desperate to be oppressed.’ Which is Carrie all over.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Its bizarre behaviour. There is nothing wrong with being privileged, as long as you're aware of it and recognise how lucky you are etc compared to others. It's self awareness.

Reactions: 5
I literally can’t think of anything more boring than an advent calendar full of Nespresso pods. Except maybe Carrie’s daily stories of opening said calendar and revealing said pod day after bloody day. It’s day one and it’s already annoying me!
And the fact that it’s #gifted annoys me even more!

Reactions: 21
Its bizarre behaviour. There is nothing wrong with being privileged, as long as you're aware of it and recognise how lucky you are etc compared to others. It's self awareness.
Vague claims like "heteroflexible" just smack of people not wanting to take accountability for me. It's people who don't understand that when people say that straight people have privilege, they don't mean that every individual heterosexual person has it better and easier than every non-straight person, but on a societal level they don't face disadvantages for being straight. So by claiming to be "heteroflexible" Carrie can make herself feel better by saying she's not one of those people who benefits from it, even though nobody was singling HER out.

Reactions: 18
I don’t get why people like Carrie want to try and insert themselves into oppressed groups. I know Carrie does it for attention, but it still bothers me. Something that people view as ‘quirky’ and ‘trendy’ but want no part of the actual disadvantages and prejudice that oppressed people face.

It’s not a bad thing to be privileged. I wish people would understand that. You should be happy you haven't had to face many hardships in life relating to characteristics which you have no control over. Carrie could use her platform to raise so many voices, but yet she just chooses to do tit like this.

Reactions: 14
I don’t get why people like Carrie want to try and insert themselves into oppressed groups. I know Carrie does it for attention, but it still bothers me. Something that people view as ‘quirky’ and ‘trendy’ but want no part of the actual disadvantages and prejudice that oppressed people face.

It’s not a bad thing to be privileged. I wish people would understand that. You should be happy you haven't had to face many hardships in life relating to characteristics which you have no control over. Carrie could use her platform to raise so many voices, but yet she just chooses to do tit like this.
That's exactly why, it's become trendy. Same with mental health, gender and everything else. It gets them attention and seen to be part of the conversation

Reactions: 2
Not far off a new thread- start coming up with new titles!
Most liked wins the thread- literally 💕

Not far off a new thread- start coming up with new titles!
Most liked wins the thread- literally 💕
This went by fast! Holy tit.
Karen Martyr Fletcher- poor people can’t learn sheet music so neither will I

4DC2F787-5F34-4A46-9CE5-3BA752FC095B.jpeg

Here’s the receipt.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

View attachment 899067
Here’s the receipt.
What is she banging on about here? The dude is merely making the point that sheet reading is a deal as it appears on curriculum's. No where is he saying that only people who train can work in the industry. Another example of this narcissistic queen fighting for the sake of it.

Reactions: 16

View attachment 899067
Here’s the receipt.
That's a bit rich...her privilege shows on a daily basis.

Also very few people without training know how to act, sing and tell a story properly...Carrie included.

Also I call bullshit on people not knowing. Modern generations have the Internet and social media, there is a wealth of information out there as to whats expected in courses and careers, and there are plenty of free tools that you can use to learn. Or you get off your arse and contact actors/casting agents on social media for advice, look up arts schools and see what they ask for and offer. You knock on doors and show your passion and interest. Yes you'll get a lot of ignores but then you'll get some people wiing to help. Basically you do the work. That's pretty much how I got my first job, so many these days expect stuff to fall into their lap, when in many ways they've never had it easier thanks to the Internet. So much information and people at your fingertips

View attachment 899067
Here’s the receipt.
‘Who know how to sing/ act and tell a damn good story’
Yeah you’re not one of them Carrie.

Maybe you could use your privilege to advocate to make opportunities for formal training more accessible. Oh, wait sorry I forgot. You don’t think it’s important to actually train for the career that you are in.

Reactions: 8
I learned the basics of reading music in school. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I can take a stab at a sight sing and can bash out a basic tune on a piano from sheet music. Once you know which note you're starting on it's not that difficult to figure out and you can get better at it by practicing. It's such an odd hill to die on when it's something you can learn by yourself as long as you can get the basics.

I learned the basics of reading music in school. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I can take a stab at a sight sing and can bash out a basic tune on a piano from sheet music. Once you know which note you're starting on it's not that difficult to figure out and you can get better at it by practicing. It's such an odd hill to die on when it's something you can learn by yourself as long as you can get the basics.
Yup I learnt at school too and I went to a proper rough school - privilege doesn’t have anything to do about it.

Reactions: 15
Yup I learnt at school too and I went to a proper rough school - privilege doesn’t have anything to do about it.
Same here, my music reading skills started and ended by learning the recorder in first school! The recorder in first school!! Certainly not some fancy pants, expensive theatre/music school! And now, 30 years later I could still figure out a general tune from some sheet music and with some extra support and training off my own back I’m sure I could jump those skills up pretty easily.

Reactions: 5
Ooh what a patronising reply that was from her. And also complete nonsense. I didn't have the 'privilege' to get the qualifications for the career I'm in, but now I'm in it I've made it my business to know what I need to learn, and take the time to learn it using the many free resources there are.
She's just hiding behind excuses, just say 'I'm just not interested in learning' but don't say it's not an essential skill just because it doesn't suit your narrative. Nothing to do with privilege.

Reactions: 9
I feel like it takes a lot more privilege to get an agent and then jobs in MT when you lack the normal training and quite frankly most of the talent/skills required.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.