Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol on her Instagram she's shown a pride decoration on her "tacky tree" which I know is all good fun blah blah blah but she has the privilege of it being able to see it as funny and "tacky" because she's straight and it doesn't resonate with her in the same way as it does for actual members of the LGBTQ+ community.
She's got to be one of the most tone-deaf people ever, and that's saying something. It amazes me how someone can lack self-awareness to the degree Carrie does. Is it narcissism?

Reactions: 13
Long time lurker here and just catching up… would anyone mind clarifying this? Did she allude to Pete abusing her somewhere?

Long time lurker here and just catching up… would anyone mind clarifying this? Did she allude to Pete abusing her somewhere?
Yes. I don't remember specifically as it was a while ago but I believe there was a video where she compared her exes to JD in Heathers and also claimed she couldn't stay in her old flat anymore because it had bad memories of someone punching walls - Pete was the only person who lived there and could have done that. Sorry if I got any of that wrong and not sure if those 2 things were the same video. I don't think she specifically named him or called him abusive but people made the link in the comments of the video and were calling him out for being abusive and she didn't deny it and instead 'liked' all their comments.

Reactions: 4
Finally watched the les mis concert. Vocally she is OK (personally not a fan of her belt)...but the acting...its like school drama classes. Very limited range of facial expressions. I don't think I spotted any more than these

She is better than Michael ball though who sounds like daffy duck. The ensemble and smaller roles are so well cast. But none of the 4 leads are really stand outs

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Yes. I don't remember specifically as it was a while ago but I believe there was a video where she compared her exes to JD in Heathers and also claimed she couldn't stay in her old flat anymore because it had bad memories of someone punching walls - Pete was the only person who lived there and could have done that. Sorry if I got any of that wrong and not sure if those 2 things were the same video. I don't think she specifically named him or called him abusive but people made the link in the comments of the video and were calling him out for being abusive and she didn't deny it and instead 'liked' all their comments.
It’s about 16 minutes into this video :)

Reactions: 3
Finally watched the les mis concert. Vocally she is OK (personally not a fan of her belt)...but the acting...its like school drama classes. Very limited range of facial expressions. I don't think I spotted any more than these

She is better than Michael ball though who sounds like daffy duck. The ensemble and smaller roles are so well cast. But none of the 4 leads are really stand outs
Sometimes it makes me actually mad someone with her talent (or lack of thereof) and absolute disintetest in training and getting better is allowed being where she is and given the opportunities she's given just because of her social media following.

Reactions: 14
Sometimes it makes me actually mad someone with her talent (or lack of thereof) and absolute disintetest in training and getting better is allowed being where she is and given the opportunities she's given just because of her social media following.
Exactly. She can’t read music, doesn’t have basic dance skills, and can’t act. She really should’ve gone into vocal performance rather than MT. What makes me so mad is her unwillingness to get better at her craft. She claims that learning to read music was a sign of privilege and basically said since poor people can’t learn it, neither will I. Despite there being loads of YouTube videos explaining how to do it. Then there’s her lack of dance training which really limits her rolls. She doesn’t truly love her craft and it shows when she refuses to get better at it.

• Wow
Reactions: 21

I admire Carrie as a singer, but she is so dead behind the eyes in these. I'm actually shocked-how can you be given such a beautiful, meaty, heart-wrenching story arc such as Fantine's and do...just nothing with it. I understand that this is the concert version, which didn't have all the high drama of the full show, but it is still musical theatre, and this isn't acting. This is pulling faces and hoping for the best.

I'm sorry to sound so mean, and I certainly couldn't do a better job myself, but it's very disappointing when you consider how many incredible actors there are in the West End who will never get an opportunity like that. I'm not saying Carrie doesn't deserve it; as I said, I love her singing, and she is just an actress taking a job at the end of the day. It's just disappointing (but not surprising) that Mackintosh considers follower count before acting ability when Les Mis doesn't even need big names to succeed. I hope this doesn't sound patronising, but I wish Carrie would take some acting lessons-she has the potential to be good, and then she would be able to back up her excellent singing with emotional delivery. She could be really great, instead of just pulling forced, fake faces.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I admire Carrie as a singer, but she is so dead behind the eyes in these. I'm actually shocked-how can you be given such a beautiful, meaty, heart-wrenching story arc such as Fantine's and do...just nothing with it. I understand that this is the concert version, which didn't have all the high drama of the full show, but it is still musical theatre, and this isn't acting. This is pulling faces and hoping for the best.

I'm sorry to sound so mean, and I certainly couldn't do a better job myself, but it's very disappointing when you consider how many incredible actors there are in the West End who will never get an opportunity like that. I'm not saying Carrie doesn't deserve it; as I said, I love her singing, and she is just an actress taking a job at the end of the day. It's just disappointing (but not surprising) that Mackintosh considers follower count before acting ability when Les Mis doesn't even need big names to succeed. I hope this doesn't sound patronising, but I wish Carrie would take some acting lessons-she has the potential to be good, and then she would be able to back up her excellent singing with emotional delivery. She could be really great, instead of just pulling forced, fake faces.
In fairness all 4 if the 'names' are weak in different regards and I don't believe would be cast without their name recognition. Michael ball is a great musical theatre performer but javart is not his role, he also spits a lot and has an odd lisp I've never heard him have before. Alfie boe, like Carrie, isn't an actor and is dead behind the eyes. I also find his voice too harsh for the role. Matt is all humour but no darkness, and Carrie is Carrie

The supporting cast however are excellent with among the best cosette, marius and enjolras I've seen. And the ensemble don't have a weak link. Overall though I think the 10th anniversary is the best concert followed by 25th and then this one.

Reactions: 8
The supporting cast however are excellent with among the best cosette, marius and enjolras I've seen. And the ensemble don't have a weak link. Overall though I think the 10th anniversary is the best concert followed by 25th and then this one.
Omg Bradley Jaden as Enjolras was phenomenal. Best on the stage I thought. I did enjoy the performances of Michael and Alfie when I saw it but I was just so captivated by the music that I probably wasn’t too fussed about acting ability. Do agree Michael Ball spits A LOT as Javert 😂

Reactions: 9
Omg Bradley Jaden as Enjolras was phenomenal. Best on the stage I thought. I did enjoy the performances of Michael and Alfie when I saw it but I was just so captivated by the music that I probably wasn’t too fussed about acting ability. Do agree Michael Ball spits A LOT as Javert 😂
Yeah I agree Bradley was a real stand out. Definitely want to see him do more.

Michael just reminded me of daffy duck 🤣

Reactions: 2
In fairness all 4 if the 'names' are weak in different regards and I don't believe would be cast without their name recognition. Michael ball is a great musical theatre performer but javart is not his role, he also spits a lot and has an odd lisp I've never heard him have before. Alfie boe, like Carrie, isn't an actor and is dead behind the eyes. I also find his voice too harsh for the role. Matt is all humour but no darkness, and Carrie is Carrie

Okay, who's more of a stunt cast? Nick Jonas or Carrie?

So “heteroflexible” means “I’m either bi and don’t want to say it” OR “I’m saying I kiss girls for attention/so you think I’m hot”?

Gross.

Not the representation is actually bisexuals need. I’m bisexual all the time, not just when I think it might be attractive or get me attention 🙄

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.