Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We're supporting her as best as we can and her GP has been good despite limited resources, and there are some charities that can offer advice, counselling and support but on top of that we're going to advise that she has a social media break, in particular in regards to Hirons although how successful that will be is another issue - I mean, it's tricky to make me do something sometimes and I'm nearly 30 let alone someone who is only a few years into their twenties.
The social media break is key - it doesn't sound healthy to watch every live and every story of *anyone*, even if they don't make you feel like tit about yourself. I hope you manage to get through to her and she starts feeling better soon. If you can convince her to take a social media break or unfollow CH/any other accounts that are having a negative impact on her mental health, it might be an idea to suggest keeping a diary to track her mood - if the break helps her feel even a little bit better, it can be useful to see the correlation written down in black and white to reinforce the positive change. Best of luck xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The social media break is key - it doesn't sound healthy to watch every live and every story of *anyone*, even if they don't make you feel like tit about yourself. I hope you manage to get through to her and she starts feeling better soon. If you can convince her to take a social media break or unfollow CH/any other accounts that are having a negative impact on her mental health, it might be an idea to suggest keeping a diary to track her mood - if the break helps her feel even a little bit better, it can be useful to see the correlation written down in black and white to reinforce the positive change. Best of luck xx
Thank you ❤

Yes, I agree that the social media break will be key. The diary is a great idea, too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The 7 Skins posts are getting comments turned off by admin. It seems CH doesn’t like it. Probably worried that if people are seeing results from just hydrating toners, they’ll start stepping away from her twice daily burn your face off and regrow a new one with acid routine.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
The 7 Skins posts are getting comments turned off by admin. It seems CH doesn’t like it. Probably worried that if people are seeing results from just hydrating toners, they’ll start stepping away from her twice daily burn your face off and regrow a new one with acid routine.
Or it could be that the 7 skin method is linked to kbeauty and we know that Caroline is not a fan since no luxury South Korean brand would ever sponsor her.

Reactions: 10
so the new rage is about clothes and shoes for tall people?but she's not on the beg?but she's annoyed when she gets zero acknowledgement for wearing clothes she's bought and paid for from brands when she's on TV?she's just constantly raging about something, anything,everything.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
so the new rage is about clothes and shoes for tall people?but she's not on the beg?but she's annoyed when she gets zero acknowledgement for wearing clothes she's bought and paid for from brands when she's on TV?she's just constantly raging about something, anything,everything.
I like Otto and Ivy. I hope this helps with sales cos it can't be easy being a new brand at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Love her comment on her stories today telling her followers to wear colour, and not ‘taupe’. Hear that Lily & Anna?? (No ‘dog tit’ either thanks) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I actually don’t think there’s much to challenge her about on this, clothing and sizing is a shitshow for a lot of people with non”standard“ body shapes. Although she’s outside the “movement” who embrace/reclaim descriptors like “fat” and I would assume “big”.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She rages about sizest language which I completely agree with but then refers to someone as the ‘eczema lady’. Surely people shouldn’t be defined by their conditions. She’s hypocritical!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Who has she callEd eczema lady? That’s appalling. And the polar oppposite of what you’d think she‘d be about.

Reactions: 1
The issue i have is how she appears to approach it rather than raising the size issue, apologies if I didn't make that clear!

Reactions: 5
Caroline. You are tall. 5'10 is considered tall. Call it what it is ffs.

I've never seen anyone refer to someone tall as being "oversized" - clothing can be oversized, yes, but not someone's body.
Screenshot_20210323-121521.png

She is a major pain in the arse. Tall is a descriptor, nothing more. Small people get that "oh you're so small" thing too. Many people would love to be tall and it's not an insult

It must be so exhausting to be outraged at every single thing

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wow. Is she belittling short people in that post? Because it sounds like a dig. Her blood pressure must be high, because she is constantly angry about everything

Reactions: 10
Hang on a minute. Why should she get any acknowledgment from brands when she wears their clothes on tv, if she’s bought and paid for it herself? How would they know? Why would clothing brands even necessarily know who Hirons even is? She’s known in the skincare industry, not clothing. Tagging doesn’t always work. Unless she’s made a big deal about it, contacted them behind the scenes and told them all about it? And why would she do that?

Call me cynical but this is just another bandwagon she’s jumping on for personal gain. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She rages about sizest language which I completely agree with but then refers to someone as the ‘eczema lady’. Surely people shouldn’t be defined by their conditions. She’s hypocritical!
Omg referring to Chloe as "eczema lady" was horrific. I noticed it was soon deleted! Although I do hope Caroline can connect Chloe with some derms. Her poor skin looks so painful (FYI I'm talking about Chloe Chapman who has really extreme eczema).

Reactions: 5
Hang on a minute. Why should she get any acknowledgment from brands when she wears their clothes on tv, if she’s bought and paid for it herself? How would they know? Why would clothing brands even necessarily know who Hirons even is? She’s known in the skincare industry, not clothing. Tagging doesn’t always work. Unless she’s made a big deal about it, contacted them behind the scenes and told them all about it? And why would she do that?

Call me cynical but this is just another bandwagon she’s jumping on for personal gain. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I wasn't really sure what she was getting at there but I wonder if it's because a lot of brands get shots of people of TV wearing their clothes and post it to Instagram tagging the person. I guess this would give CH more followers ths quid pro quo being that she also shares the post on her Instagram and her followers then follow the brand.

There are a few brands who have definately benefitted from her giving them shout outs (Scamp and Dude and House of Neon are ones that come to mind).

I have a couple of friends who are 5ft 10 but both slim and they seem not to have a problem buying clothes. One friend does find a lot of clothes are too short for her liking. I don't think the issue is that CH is tall (I'm not doubting she is) but she is tall and bigger than a size 10/12. I've not met her but would put her at a size 12 or 14.

I completely agree with her that when the average clothing size is 16 but considered a 'plus' size or XL there is a problem in the clothing industry.

She certainly used to be a 16-18 but I think she’s lost weight since I’ve last seen her in the flesh. But she is tall!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.