Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah Ruth is spot on. I very rarely wade into these topics either for the same reason (I say that as if I have Ruth's following, lol), and I can see why she doesn't want to throw herself into them.

Caroline should really take a step back and think about what she's trying to say because telling people to duck off adds nothing. I've mentioned it before but she went off on the BLM protests last year, "listening and learning" and all that, and has done diddly squat since then.

Reactions: 11
Her ratty-looking camo and yellow tome has been shortlisted for the Non-Fiction: Lifestyle section of the British Book awards (which I hadn't heard of).

I bet she was sick as a very large, very noisy parrot that Dr Anjali Mahto had already used the title of The Skincare Bible. I'm sure I've seen a Freak quoted on here calling it that regardless.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Her book is a copy and paste of the blog and doesn't even look good from an aesthetic point of view of displaying it on the shelf.

Reactions: 9
Her book is a copy and paste of the blog and doesn't even look good from an aesthetic point of view of displaying it on the shelf.
I have Dr Mahto's book and while it's really pretty in a very girly way, I can see how a bloke might find that off-putting.

Whereas anyone with eyes in their head would find Hirons's one fugly.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have Dr Mahto's book and while it's really pretty in a very girly way, I can see how a bloke might find that off-putting.

Whereas anyone with eyes in their head would find Hirons's one fugly.
I have this book (the skincare bible) but I've yet to read it! How did you find it?

Here's Ruth's stories for anyone interested- I completely agree with her, reactive posting without having the full picture (hello, Caroline) is a token gesture and not helpful to anyone
Ruth has articulated this perfectly. Things change so quickly, and it’s very easy to say the wrong thing without meaning it and then end up being vilified on SM. Unless you have a brainwashed cult behind you, a la Hirons, of course 🙄

Reactions: 7
I’ve read it and enjoyed it a while ago but there’s a lot about acne and aging which both apply to me! No real product recommendations but a good explanation of ingredients and what to look for. Types of treatment for scarring which helped me find a local clinic with the right type of laser (sadly within my hospital and closed due to Covid). Also the sorts of warnings Caroline should really be giving her own freaks like the risks of long term hydroquinone use.

Reactions: 5
I’ve read it and enjoyed it a while ago but there’s a lot about acne and aging which both apply to me! No real product recommendations but a good explanation of ingredients and what to look for. Types of treatment for scarring which helped me find a local clinic with the right type of laser (sadly within my hospital and closed due to Covid). Also the sorts of warnings Caroline should really be giving her own freaks like the risks of long term hydroquinone use.
Is there much about eczema, sensitive skin, and repairing the moisture barrier? She's a qualified derm isn't she? I might be interested in getting this if she covers any of that. Hoping to see a derm myself but I want to wait until I can go in person, not over zoom (also if I can get some good advice for less than £250, that's a bonus!)

Reactions: 1
Is there much about eczema, sensitive skin, and repairing the moisture barrier? She's a qualified derm isn't she? I might be interested in getting this if she covers any of that. Hoping to see a derm myself but I want to wait until I can go in person, not over zoom (also if I can get some good advice for less than £250, that's a bonus!)
Don't buy the book! Anything you can find in the book is also on the blog (but neither have a lot of info on what you are looking for I'm afraid). She is definitely NOT a derm! She is an aesthetician and a sales woman

Reactions: 1
Don't buy the book! Anything you can find in the book is also on the blog (but neither have a lot of info on what you are looking for I'm afraid). She is definitely NOT a derm! She is an aesthetician and a sales woman
Oh dw, this is about The Skincare Bible, not that trash fire!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Child named after cleanser is called Eve after Eve Lom, so that’s not too bad. Could have been called Drunk Elephant or The Ordinary!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
One of my cousins is a big CH fan and introduced me to the whole Cult of Caroline concept and her related online channels, etc. She is also going through a very premature menopause (she's in her twenties). She had watched one of the lives this week and it upset her. So, I watched it yesterday to see what upset her so much: CH was talking (again and also in her usual very negative style) about being menopausal and how her ovaries have shrivelled to raisins, how she's now an old woman, how she's planning on getting all of the tweakments because her skin will go to tit because of the menopause and all her collagen bleeping off, how everything is collapsing, how part of her has died and how no-more babies has made her sad, and my cousin was listening and became very upset. Her mum actually rang me to calm her down. For a woman who has the thinnest of thin skins (she literally shouted at someone on this live for saying she looked tired despite one of the first things she said when she started it being "I'm tired and can't be bothered"), CH really has no grace or tact in how she approaches sensitive matters that may be affecting other people's headspace, people who are vulnerable or in positions not as secure or gilded or fortunate as hers. I was so angry. I know my cousin could just stop watching/listening, but she's a fully paid up member of the CH flock and I just wish she wasn't, as the negativity of CH and her obnoxiousness is just no good for anyone especially people who are feeling low.

Also in more Not As Woke As You Think You Are, Caroline news: in this live CH just confirmed her soft bigotry by insisting that in a previous life she was a Jewish mother because she often makes chicken soup and how she would have been the best Jewish mother ever. Regardless of the offensiveness of appropriating the history of any other ethnic and religious group just because you feel like it, reducing Jewish women to chicken soup is not a good look and then making it some weird competition where she would win? Gross. And that's before you get to the sheer awfulness of talking about past lives and reincarnation and riding roughshod over very specific Jewish religious beliefs (and a very specific, persecuted history) in order to apply them to her very not-Jewish ideas and very un-persecuted not-Jewish self just because she makes chicken soup. With her weird habit of culture tourism I'm seriously just waiting for her to liveblog a DNA Ancestry test to see what other cultures and nationalities she can claim and add to her already extremely tenuously multi-hyphenated self.

Sorry for the novel length rant, but this whole thing with my cousin really upset me yesterday and I needed to get it off my chest. I'm going to insist that she stops watching/reading/engaging with CH. And I think I will too. Her destructiveness is honestly not even worth a hate-watch.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
One of my cousins is a big CH fan and introduced me to the whole Cult of Caroline concept and her related online channels, etc. She is also going through a very premature menopause (she's in her twenties). She had watched one of the lives this week and it upset her. So, I watched it yesterday to see what upset her so much: CH was talking (again and also in her usual very negative style) about being menopausal and how her ovaries have shrivelled to raisins, how she's now an old woman, how she's planning on getting all of the tweakments because her skin will go to tit because of the menopause and all her collagen bleeping off, how everything is collapsing, how part of her has died and how no-more babies has made her sad, and my cousin was listening and became very upset. Her mum actually rang me to calm her down. For a woman who has the thinnest of thin skins (she literally shouted at someone on this live for saying she looked tired despite one of the first things she said when she started it being "I'm tired and can't be bothered"), CH really has no grace or tact in how she approaches sensitive matters that may be affecting other people's headspace, people who are vulnerable or in positions not as secure or gilded or fortunate as hers. I was so angry. I know my cousin could just stop watching/listening, but she's a fully paid up member of the CH flock and I just wish she wasn't, as the negativity of CH and her obnoxiousness is just no good for anyone especially people who are feeling low.

Also in more Not As Woke As You Think You Are, Caroline news: in this live CH just confirmed her soft bigotry by insisting that in a previous life she was a Jewish mother because she often makes chicken soup and how she would have been the best Jewish mother ever. Regardless of the offensiveness of appropriating the history of any other ethnic and religious group just because you feel like it, reducing Jewish women to chicken soup is not a good look and then making it some weird competition where she would win? Gross. And that's before you get to the sheer awfulness of talking about past lives and reincarnation and riding roughshod over very specific Jewish religious beliefs (and a very specific, persecuted history) in order to apply them to her very not-Jewish ideas and very un-persecuted not-Jewish self just because she makes chicken soup. With her weird habit of culture tourism I'm seriously just waiting for her to liveblog a DNA Ancestry test to see what other cultures and nationalities she can claim and add to her already extremely tenuously multi-hyphenated self.

Sorry for the novel length rant, but this whole thing with my cousin really upset me yesterday and I needed to get it off my chest. I'm going to insist that she stops watching/reading/engaging with CH. And I think I will too. Her destructiveness is honestly not even worth a hate-watch.
Oh dear. Your poor cousin. This really proves to me how vital places like Tattle are. So self appointed ignorant 'experts' can be shown up for the total arses they are. Amazing such utterly delusional ego maniacs are still given a platform to spout their self obsessed bollocks.
I'm still in shock over her saying daily application of body moisturiser prevents body hair. And people listen to her?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.